Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC summer sked  (Read 14847 times)

Chuck Sutton

ABC summer sked
« on: April 14, 2017, 10:49:47 AM »
Starting Sunday June 11

8:00 Celebrity Family Feud

9:00 Steve harvey's Funderdome (new reality show)

10:00 $100,00 Pyramid

Wed June 14

10:00 To tell the Truth returns

Thurs June 22

10:0o0 The Gong Show

Thurs June 29

9:00 Battle of the network stars

BillCullen1

Re: ABC summer sked
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 11:12:23 AM »
So Steve Harvey's not busy enough. Pyramid is the show I'm most looking forward to. My friend has applied to be a contestant. They should be announcing their taping schedule in NYC soon.

WhammyPower

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 11:25:17 AM »
They should be announcing their taping schedule in NYC soon.
They already have.

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 12:16:50 PM »
Thanks for that, I'm on it!

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 01:47:56 PM »
I'm a little surprised by the order of the shows on Sunday. To me, Pyramid feels more like an 8:00 or a 9:00 show, whereas given the subject matter of some of the questions on Feud, that feels more like a 9:00 or a 10:00 show.

Still, I hope it all does well, as success here means more game shows for everybody.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 02:26:05 PM »
So Match Game is a spring/fall dealy now probably?

DoItRockapella

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 12:55:33 PM »
I feel silly bumping, but if this article is anything to go by, The Gong Show is to be hosted by a fictional character.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abcs-gong-show-reboot-taps-one-very-interesting-host-998339

Call me crazy, but my expectations are not high.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 02:24:25 PM »
I feel silly bumping, but if this article is anything to go by, The Gong Show is to be hosted by a fictional character.
Call me crazy, but my expectations are not high.

Fictional?  Tommy's a legend, you cheeky monkey.  I'm just disappointed than no episodes of Dingos Got The Baby survive.  Australians were even worse than we were in preserving their shows.

Seriously, why the hell not?  At least let them show us what they're going to do and THEN you can put it down.  Decent list of (real) celebrities are committed to it, and Arnett seems pretty passionate about the project.  I'm more interested now than I was before.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 02:38:06 PM »
The joke in that it's Mike Myers went over my head, and I was ready to rag on it. But honestly, the idea of him playing a washed-up British comedian sounds like such a "Gong Show" concept. I'm actually intrigued and getting Martin Short as Jiminy Glick vibes.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TimK2003

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 02:47:17 PM »
I am very intrigued by Mike Mye.... er, Tommy Maitland hosting the show.  Much more than Paul Reubens YDKJ character. 

SamJ93

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 08:03:25 PM »
Very interesting. Myers is certainly chameleon-like enough to slip into a role without people recognizing him, and can be very funny when he tries.

But...that's IF he tries. Considering the Shrek franchise has essentially dried up, and his last live-action project, 2008's The Love Guru, was an atrocious flop...he may just be phoning it in to cash a check here. I'd really love to be proven wrong, though.
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

weaklink75

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 04:49:38 PM »
They've announced the matchups for Celeb Feud...

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2017/05/03/returning-for-a-third-hilarious-season-abcs-highest-rated-summer-show-of-2016-celebrity-family-feud-announces-celebrity-teams-from-the-world-of-entertainment-music-and-sports-26413/20170503abc03/

A lot more "groups" this year (MLB Legends vs NBA Legends, Boy Band vs Girl Group, Funny Guys vs Funny Girls, US Swim Team vs US Gymnastics Team, etc.)- and Louie Anderson is playing with his family.

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 07:10:30 PM »
and Louie Anderson is playing with his family.

Being his tenure ended in controversy, I do wonder whether anyone brings up that Louie hosted the first three seasons of the current run?

/I also wonder how many bags of money they had to give Louie to come back?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Neumms

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 09:31:14 PM »
Louie Anderson is playing with his family.
\

If it's the family from Baskets, count me in.

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 09:44:04 PM »
Something I just realized...Steve has Celebrity Feud and this Funderdome show on ABC. He hosts Little Big Shots on NBC, and I believe he's reviving his Showtime at the Apollo hosting duties for FOX.

Outside of maybe Dick Clark with Pyramid, Bloopers, and Bandstand, I can't recall anyone else hosting three or more network shows on as many networks simultaneously.