Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Could a syndicated TPiR work now?  (Read 13419 times)

Kevin Prather

Re: Could a syndicated TPiR work now?
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2017, 04:20:44 PM »
I was listening to an episode of The Carson Podcast and the guest was a stand-up comic who claims he was seriously considered for a shot at hosting The Price Is Right post-Barker, but (long story short) ended up blowing off the audition to the fury of his agent and managers.

Imagine if you will the star of The Price Is Right...Dave Coulier!
"Looks like you've all overbid...now, cut. It. Out. And bid below $850!"

"Say, is that dinette set made of...wood?"

BrandonFG

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2017, 04:37:58 PM »
Jokes aside for a second, but if that rumor is true, I wonder if that idea was inspired by Bob Saget's semi-success with 1 vs. 100? Still a random choice.

We now return to your regularly scheduled Uncle Joey gif thread, already in progress...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2017, 04:40:36 PM »
...if that rumor is true, I wonder if that idea was inspired by Bob Saget's semi-success with 1 vs. 100?

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm guessing that's how Cedric the Entertainer got the Millionaire gig for a year.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2017, 05:33:43 PM »
I thought Cedric got Millionaire because of Steve Harvey's success on Family Feud.

But none of this is unprecedented, right? Mark Goodson wanted Dennis James and CBS wanted Bob Barker back in 1972, and CBS got what they wanted then too.
But that was a completely different situation: Goodson wanted Dennis for the syndicated version, which was originally the only one in development. CBS later said they were interested in doing a network version and picked Bob to host that.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Kevin Prather

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2017, 07:00:13 PM »
I thought Cedric got Millionaire because of Steve Harvey's success on Family Feud.

That's what I meant. He got the job because his co-star had success on another show.