Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $25k Pyramid  (Read 28134 times)

Winkfan

Re: $25k Pyramid
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2017, 01:18:22 AM »
...if there are no further skips, the second show on July 28 will be 9/19/83, which is notable as the first one in this incarnation that had an opening montage.

Another thing, tomorrow's first $25kP installment will be the first to feature blind contestants. (I remember seeing this particular episode when it originally aired.)

Cordially,
Tammy
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Jay Temple

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2017, 12:43:12 PM »
...if there are no further skips, the second show on July 28 will be 9/19/83, which is notable as the first one in this incarnation that had an opening montage.

Another thing, tomorrow's first $25kP installment will be the first to feature blind contestants. (I remember seeing this particular episode when it originally aired.)

Cordially,
Tammy
I was in college at the time. If memory serves, I had class at that time of the morning. VCR's weren't something the average student could afford at the time, but I had a tape recorder and a plug that could connect to the TV. I ended up "watching" the show the same way the contestants did!
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

BillCullen1

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2017, 11:06:36 AM »
This morning (7/28) on the 2nd Pyramid show with Audrey Landers and Charlie Siebert, there was a contestant named John who was on SOTC and ended winning all the prizes on that show. IIRC he had a crush on Summer. Also, the categories in the WC round are now lit in white instead of blue. 

BrandonFG

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2017, 11:26:36 AM »
This morning (7/28) on the 2nd Pyramid show with Audrey Landers and Charlie Siebert, there was a contestant named John who was on SOTC and ended winning all the prizes on that show.
I'm guessing it's John Gose.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2017, 11:27:16 AM »
Sounds like it. I wonder how long they're going to do the canned applause-less Winner's Circle. It's kinda eerie.

/LaRae Dillman was on a week or so ago--she won big one day, stuck around for a couple more and was defeated.
Travis L. Eberle

Casey

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2017, 02:00:15 PM »
I haven't been watching GSN in I dont' know how long now, and I didn't know there ever were Winner's Circle rounds where there was no applause between categories until I ran across one posted on YouTube.  Is it the case then that for every round played, it always played out this way and the applause was just added in post?  It would certainly be less distracting for the players, but why not leave it that way in the broadcast? 

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2017, 02:05:12 PM »
I haven't been watching GSN in I dont' know how long now, and I didn't know there ever were Winner's Circle rounds where there was no applause between categories until I ran across one posted on YouTube.  Is it the case then that for every round played, it always played out this way and the applause was just added in post?  It would certainly be less distracting for the players, but why not leave it that way in the broadcast?
Maybe they're trying to do something different.
Travis L. Eberle

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2017, 02:23:03 PM »
Back in the day, post-production on game shows was not done routinely.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tpirfan28

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2017, 04:05:24 PM »
Nerdy thing about the new openings: at least right now, the flashback wins appear to be tacked onto an already-taped episode.  You can tell because in later shows, the announcer says "From Television City in Hollywood" over the last win.  These are announced after the wins.

How many weeks did Jerry Bishop announce the show?  I thought he only did it a couple weeks in early 1983, and was was announcing today's week (later 83).
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BillCullen1

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2017, 10:20:57 AM »
This morning (7/28) on the 2nd Pyramid show with Audrey Landers and Charlie Siebert, there was a contestant named John who was on SOTC and ended winning all the prizes on that show. IIRC he had a crush on Summer. Also, the categories in the WC round are now lit in white instead of blue.

John Gose did quite well on Pyramid. He stayed on the maximum five days and ended up winning over $38,000 in cash and prizes, including a trip to Japan and a video recorder. Not too shabby.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2017, 09:40:50 PM »
Apparently there's a handful of folks who turned the double with Pyramid and Sale of the Century: LaRae Dillman, Barbara Phillips (she was a runner-up in the third $100,000 tournament), and Rani White (I don't recall how much she won on Pyramid).
Travis L. Eberle

tvmitch

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2017, 08:17:34 AM »
My TiVo's only saving five of these shows at a time (need to change that setting) but for the second Wednesday airing, which was the Markie Post/Richard Kline week, the backgrounds of the WC trilons are now white, and tiebreakers now are settled before the commercial break. My guess is that this all happened on the Monday of this Post/Kline week but possibly the week before, didn't get a chance to watch any of those shows.
You should follow me on Twitter

ivoryman1986

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2017, 11:00:33 AM »
My TiVo's only saving five of these shows at a time (need to change that setting) but for the second Wednesday airing, which was the Markie Post/Richard Kline week, the backgrounds of the WC trilons are now white, and tiebreakers now are settled before the commercial break. My guess is that this all happened on the Monday of this Post/Kline week but possibly the week before, didn't get a chance to watch any of those shows.
Mitch, the tiebreakers played at the end of the first and/or third segments of the episodes began the same week the "We've Got The Touch" campaigns and the PYL promos first begun airing: September 5-9, 1983. Don't forget, the white WC boxes and the WC boxes going shaky when the $25,000 win occurs began the week prior: September 19-23, 1983.

snowpeck

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2017, 01:48:19 PM »
Just a heads up, GSN's online schedule shows them jumping ahead to May 1985 (Patty Duke vs. Brian Mitchell) on August 24th. We'll have to wait and see if that's just an anomaly or if they really are going that far forward.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2017, 10:46:22 PM »
So I just happened upon the episode where Rani White is a contestant and for a runner-up she came out fine: She won the 7-11, $5,000 for a 21-21 tiebreak and $550 in the Winner's Circle.
Travis L. Eberle