Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2017 Daytime Emmy Niominations (Game shows, hosts, directors)  (Read 3875 times)

Robair

Game Show:
"Celebrity Name Game"
"Family Feud"
"Jeopardy!"
"Let's Make a Deal"
"Price Is Right"

Host:
Brady
Ferguson
Harvey
Sajak
Trebek

Director:
Fuchs (Feud)
McCarthy (J!)
Goodside (LMAD)
Sandler (TPIR)

--Robair

brianhenke

Re: 2017 Daytime Emmy Niominations (Game shows, hosts, directors)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 03:20:08 PM »
    You mean there's a  Directing of a Game Show category now?

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 03:30:26 PM »
My understanding is that there's been one for quite some time.
Travis L. Eberle

snowpeck

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 05:07:17 PM »
My understanding is that there's been one for quite some time.
Since the first Daytime Emmys ceremony actually, but it seems there was a gap from 2006-2015 in which that particular award wasn't given out.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Nick

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 07:22:19 PM »
'Da Wiki list for anybody who wants a historical snapshot.  I wish the formatting included the directors along with the shows, but I gather most of us here can quickly figure out whose show it was, anyway.

Two observations on seeing this list for the first time: One, hats off to Bruce Burmester for scoring so many wins for The $25,000 Pyramid at a time where there was more competition in this field.  Two, not a single victory for Marc Breslow?  Boo hiss.
It was a golden age of daytime network television... Game Shows... Hosted by people who actually knew that the game was the star... And I wish it was still that way - both that game shows were on all morning and that they were hosted by actual game show hosts. - Bob Purse, Inches Per Second

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:17:51 PM »
I haven't seen anything in particular.

Will this year's ceremony air anywhere this year? Or is this silence a little over a month from the ceremony mean it won't air again?
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

johnnya2k3

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 10:39:21 PM »
UPDATE: Jeopardy! and Steve Harvey won once again for Outstanding Game Show and Host (the latter also Informative Talk Show Host, beating Larry King among the nominees) respectively.

And this year's Daytime Emmys were streamed live on Facebook and Twitter, by the way.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:28:08 PM by johnnya2k3 »

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 11:05:07 PM »
And this year's Daytime Emmys were streamed live on Facebook and Twitter, by the way.
I saw a tweet about how they were streaming on FB Live, but I'd figured they'd found at least one 5th-tier cable channel to air it. This ceremony becomes more and more of an afterthought each year.

What next, they just live tweet each winner next year?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 11:13:02 PM »
Better than dead tweeting the winners.
Travis L. Eberle

brianhenke

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 11:53:19 PM »
I saw a tweet about how they were streaming on FB Live, but I'd figured they'd found at least one 5th-tier cable channel to air it. This ceremony becomes more and more of an afterthought each year.

I remember the Daytime Emmys drew 25 million viewers one year in the 1990s, during the era when Susan Lucci lost 18 straight times.

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

johnnya2k3

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 01:08:34 AM »
I remember the Daytime Emmys drew 25 million viewers one year in the 1990s, during the era when Susan Lucci lost 18 straight times.

Brian
Lucci wasn't nominated in 1994 (the year when Dick Clark got his Lifetime Achievement Emmy), but like I said again...after that magical moment in 1999, interest in the Daytime Emmys declined; at one point, it went to three hours, which I felt was overkill.

I didn't know this year's awards would be on Facebook Live until 45 minutes into it, and it will be that way again next year because another "fifth tier" cable channel like Reelz or even WGN America won't be interested anyway.

Oh, and Reg Grundy was included in the In Memoriam, but no Chuck Barris...for now (they're probably saving him for the Primetime Emmys in September).

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 08:02:58 PM »
Lucci wasn't nominated in 1994. After she won in 1999, my interest in the Daytime Emmys declined; at one point, it went to three hours, which I felt was overkill.
Fixed.

Three hours for an awards ceremony is about average, considering all the awards they added.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 10:00:51 AM »
Fixed.

Three hours for an awards ceremony is about average, considering all the awards they added.

Agreed. And thanks for removing all of the fluff that wasn't needed (and that he's famous for).

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 12:01:46 PM »
What next, they just live tweet each winner next year?
I thought they already had to do this when the ceremony went completely unaired one year. No?
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.