Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Here Comes Candy Crush!  (Read 8665 times)

calliaume

Here Comes Candy Crush!
« on: March 16, 2017, 01:06:23 PM »
CBS has set a premiere date of July 9:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/cbs-reveals-summer-premiere-dates-candy-crush-big-160032542.html

"It's the game you've played all your life the last five years on your phone, but never quite like this got to watch others play instead!"

BrandonFG

Re: Here Comes Candy Crush!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 01:12:05 PM »
And just like all the requests on Facebook, I'll be avoiding the hell outta this too!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Clay Zambo

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 02:04:43 PM »
Well, I guess I'll have to watch at least once; a friend of mine and her son just got cast as contestants.

#therearenowordsforhowmuchIhatetheuseofCASTforselectingcontestants
czambo@mac.com

byrd62

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 06:10:55 PM »
And who better (or worse) to host than the man who also hosts Extra, who once co-starred on Saved by the Bell, and was former host of Masters of the Maze?

Also, who better (or worse) to produce it than the man behind Fear Factor and Wipeout?  That, in itself, might give you some idea of how it will work.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mario-lopez-host-cbs-candy-crush-988369

weaklink75

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 05:50:32 PM »
Here's the first promo...

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/09/candy-crush-game-show-first-look/

(I will say the set looks pretty good...)

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 06:10:33 PM »
The set is nice, but I could feel the caffeine in the contestants' systems all the way from my apartment. :P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 12:12:20 PM »
The set is nice, but I could feel the caffeine in the contestants' systems all the way from my apartment. :P

When a contestant is doing cartwheels down the Grand Entrance Catwalk? Oh god yes.

I made it through two episodes of Teh Wall, and I actively *like* Chris Hardwick. I'll be interested to see what my tolerance is for this. (Of course, I did actively like National Bingo Night so anything's possible.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

whewfan

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 07:28:53 AM »
It doesn't look like it has much of a play along aspect. We're just watching people play Candy Crush on a very large screen. Then again, Family Game Night's games didn't really have much of a play along aspect, but it lasted 3-4 seasons.

BillCullen1

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 12:56:37 PM »
Bumping this thread. So the moment is here. Candy Crush, along with Mario Lopez and his dimples premieres this Sunday at 9 pm Eastern time on CBS. Hey, it's an alternative to that Funderdome thing.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 02:07:45 PM »
Hey, it's an alternative to that Funderdome thing.
So is not watching anything at all.
Travis L. Eberle

johnnya2k3

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 12:59:01 AM »
So we have two popular apps as game shows now: (Beat) Shazam and Candy Crush. Your move, Bejeweled!

/But, I wouldn't be surprised if QuizUp follows suit.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 01:07:33 AM »
Candy Crush. Your move, Bejeweled!

But you repeat yourself.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 03:15:42 AM »
Bumping this thread. So the moment is here. Candy Crush, along with Mario Lopez and his dimples premieres this Sunday at 9 pm Eastern time on CBS. Hey, it's an alternative to that Funderdome thing.

I watched The Nineties on CNN.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 06:53:17 AM »
My DVR was already working double-time recording the Amelia Earhart special on History, and the midseason finale of "Fear the Walking Dead". I felt it would have been DVR abuse to have it work triple-time to record "Candy Crush". Good to see my decision was justified. :P

johnnya2k3

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 10:58:00 AM »
And after that first episode...I'll stick with "American Grit", thank you very much.

Candy Crush, Celebrity Family Feud, the Gong Show and Love Connection reboots, Beat Shazam...boy, Studio 36/46 at CBS Television City has been quite the Hollywood hot spot lately!