Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: All Star Blitz question and observation  (Read 2247 times)

whewfan

All Star Blitz question and observation
« on: March 04, 2017, 07:35:20 AM »
Lately Jared Oswald has been posting some All Star Blitz episodes, and it led me to this question.

Why didn't they continue a puzzle into the next game? If time ran out, a player had the option to either guess the puzzle or totally end the game, meaning they start fresh the next show. It just seemed wasteful to get through the questions with the puzzle unsolved. My best guess is that they didn't want the players to try to figure out what the puzzle was between one show and the next.

Now an observation. I noticed that sometimes the stars will write someone's name on the answer cards for the Blitz Bonanza. I suppose that was their way to say "hello" to whomever they wanted.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Re: All Star Blitz question and observation
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 10:41:40 PM »
My best guess is that they didn't want the players to try to figure out what the puzzle was between one show and the next.

You basically have it.  But puzzle games generally don't straddle in mid-puzzle, so it's not just a Blitz thing.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 12:32:56 AM »
In a similar vein, I have to wonder how much telling Wheel of Fortune contestants to "turn their backs" tamped down on their concentration? If one or more had an idea of the puzzle, it's not like that would put them off the scent when they returned.

/the original Concentration would sometimes end mid-puzzle. My recollection upon asking was that the game would pick up the next day with a new puzzle but the prizes and pieces that had been claimed would stay claimed.
Travis L. Eberle

Otm Shank

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 12:36:27 AM »
Huminah-huminah-ah-ah ... Popular Songs

Clay Zambo

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 08:14:00 AM »
In a similar vein, I have to wonder how much telling Wheel of Fortune contestants to "turn their backs" tamped down on their concentration? If one or more had an idea of the puzzle, it's not like that would put them off the scent when they returned.

It wouldn't stop them *thinking* about the puzzle, but thinking without being able to see it is a different matter.
czambo@mac.com

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 05:59:26 PM »

/the original Concentration would sometimes end mid-puzzle. My recollection upon asking was that the game would pick up the next day with a new puzzle but the prizes and pieces that had been claimed would stay claimed.

As far as WOF, I would watch that and wonder if the contestants couldn't see the board reflected in the mirrors behind (or in front) while their backs was turned.  I thought it might be a better visual to drape a curtain across the board into commercial, but maybe budgetary concerns got in the way.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.