Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: All New LMAD questions  (Read 4128 times)

whewfan

All New LMAD questions
« on: February 25, 2017, 10:45:08 PM »
Has the "people picker" for door #4 ever picked a contestant that Monty had already made a deal with? I want to say I saw it happen once, but I am not sure.

On this version of LMAD, they would sometimes give away the same car for one other deal, sometimes that car also ends up as a prize for the Big Deal. Has anyone ever given up the car for the Big Deal (That I know I've seen happen), only to win back that same car?

On occasion Monty will go back to a contestant that got zonked for a quickie deal to make some money. We all know that contestants are offered reasonable consolation prizes in exchange for the zonks, but if Monty offers money afterwards, does that mean they don't get the alternative prizes in lieu of money?

Not a question but an observation based on the last question. There was an episode of All New LMAD where a lady dressed as a clown played a game involving cards with two other people. The value of each card would be multiplied by 100. This lady had a 5, worth $500... IMO she had good reason to trade in the $500... even by mid 80s standards, that's not a lot of money, so she traded it and got zonked... and looked visibly quite upset. Monty playfully suggests she's a clown so she should be laughing... but obviously later on, Monty had some second thoughts about the clown and offered her a chance to make some money by asking a VERY simple question about what materials the 3 pigs used to build their houses, $100 per correct guess. An easy $300 and she's very happy again.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: All New LMAD questions
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 10:47:01 PM »
Has the "people picker" for door #4 ever picked a contestant that Monty had already made a deal with? I want to say I saw it happen once, but I am not sure.

Do you really think it was a truly random on-the-spot selection and NOBODY knew what number was going to come up?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 11:04:22 PM »
There's Chris's explanation, but wasn't Door #4 usually done by the second deal at the latest? Even if it were a random draw, the odds of pulling that same number seem pretty slim to me.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 11:08:32 PM »
Depends if Monty said it was random.

It was hardly ever done to open the show, so it's a 1-in-however many people chance. Also it would be trivial to reshoot the selection shot if it comes up a repeat, if not to dodge it entirely by pulling the used numbers out of the cycle.
Travis L. Eberle

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 11:08:52 PM »
I absolutely saw it happen once.
@lambertman

chrisholland03

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 11:12:50 PM »
I absolutely saw it happen once.

As did I...now whether I can prove it... :)

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »
The other two Chris' vouching are good enough for me. I stand corrected.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 01:39:44 AM »
Definitely happened at least once: on show #111, the first player of the day (Karen) ended up being picked later on by Door #4.

(Source: Ryan Rinkerman's Season 1 episode guide)
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

chrisholland03

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 06:58:54 AM »
Angelfire...a blast from the past!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 11:28:41 AM »
Definitely happened at least once: on show #111, the first player of the day (Karen) ended up being picked later on by Door #4.

(Source: Ryan Rinkerman's Season 1 episode guide)
Soo you're taking the say-so of someone who came up with the Mindreaders home game as a prank.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 02:47:22 PM »
That's a pretty extensive episode guide (even if it is just season one), and he's taking the info from GSN reruns. Mindreaders prank or not, I'm willing to go with that, along with the two Chrises above saying it happened.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 06:47:36 PM »
That's a pretty extensive episode guide (even if it is just season one), and he's taking the info from GSN reruns. Mindreaders prank or not, I'm willing to go with that, along with the two Chrises above saying it happened.

And not only that, it appears he's updated the list recently with notes about Buzzr airings of some of these episodes. That's far more than enough for me.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 08:08:07 PM »
That's all fine and good, and I was having a little fun with the Mindreaders reference, but I'd love corroborating video evidence.
Travis L. Eberle

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 01:46:10 PM »
My instinct, too, was that they just programmed the number they wanted into the people picking computer, but my elementary school-aged memories are telling me that I saw the same contestant chosen for Door #4 at least once. I'm glad to see I wasn't making things up.

I know that I've seen on Buzzr at least one episode in which Door #4 was played by a relative or acquaintance of a contestant from a previous deal (sitting in a different section of the audience), which also seems like something they'd want to avoid if they were determining the contestant beforehand.

Unrelated Door #4 observation: I've seen a few episodes on Buzzr in which, while the randomizer was flashing random numbers, the tens digit displayed 3, 2, and blank (zero)... but never 1. In those instances, the winning number wasn't between 10 and 19. I assume it was just a weird bug that got into the coding... I wonder how long it took them to catch it.

Irritating stereotypical fan-like Door #4 observation: I know they chose the name because it rhymes, but that's a curtain, gosh darn it!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 10:10:16 PM »
Irritating stereotypical fan-like Door #4 observation: I know they chose the name because it rhymes, but that's a curtain, gosh darn it!
Well, they do tend to make a Big Deal out of doors.
This signature is currently under construction.