Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New "Match Game" book on the way...  (Read 4060 times)

Adam Nedeff

New "Match Game" book on the way...
« on: February 14, 2017, 02:09:46 PM »
A man named A. Ashley Hoff is releasing a book called Match Game 101. He actually wrote it in 2003 and couldn't find a publisher, but as a result of the new ABC version, there's revived interest in it. Also worth noting is that because he wrote it in 2003, he interviewed a lot of people who have left us since that time (Ira Skutch, for example), so it should be an interesting read. Here's the official Facebook page if you're interested.

BrandonFG

Re: New "Match Game" book on the way...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 11:23:41 AM »
Any idea whether the book has been revised to include Alec's version?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Otm Shank

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 12:57:11 AM »
To answer that question, the author posted this last summer on the book's Facebook page:

it's been a long, long time coming, but with last-minute scrambling to get the final chapters up-to-date courtesy the new version of the show...

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 01:04:02 AM »
Very cool...thank you!

/Looks like I should've scrolled further
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SuperSweeper

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 10:56:48 AM »
I hope it’s OK that this is being bumped, but the book is finally being published.