Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR "Prime Time Party" beg. February 6th  (Read 134030 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Re: BUZZR "Prime Time Party" beg. February 6th
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2017, 04:03:52 PM »
I had been ignoring Press Your Luck because the network was back to showing the late 1983 episodes again. Abruptly, this past Monday, Buzzr picked up where they left off by airing episode 174. I didn't notice this until Wednesday, so I didn't watch all the way through, but it looks like these "new" episodes are of the same lower-resolution quality as the other most recent additions.

(I would really prefer that Buzzr go back to the high-resolution transfers. On Match Game, the reduced video quality means you can't make out what the celebrities have written on their cards. Especially during the quick pan at the end after a contestant has already won.)

Meanwhile, the online schedule only goes through this Sunday, so who knows where any of the runs will be next week.

snowpeck

« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2017, 08:53:42 PM »
I had been ignoring Press Your Luck because the network was back to showing the late 1983 episodes again. Abruptly, this past Monday, Buzzr picked up where they left off by airing episode 174. I didn't notice this until Wednesday, so I didn't watch all the way through, but it looks like these "new" episodes are of the same lower-resolution quality as the other most recent additions.

Will be interesting if they do keep going with Press Your Luck. Episode 182 was never aired by GSN.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

TPIR75

« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2017, 10:30:43 PM »
Tattletales also jumped ahead this past Monday to pick up where they left off in late October 1974. Two out of the five shows aired this past week also included the mid-show fee plugs.

snowpeck

« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2017, 09:00:20 PM »
Will be interesting if they do keep going with Press Your Luck. Episode 182 was never aired by GSN.

They've updated the online schedule finally and episode 182 is scheduled for Thursday night.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

TraderRob

« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2017, 11:35:32 PM »
Buzzr is going to skip PYL #184, BUT the Larson episodes will air next Thursday and Friday, 12/7 & 12/8.

NTB episodes of Beat The Clock end on Tuesday, going back to October episodes on Wednesday. But it's nice to see NTB Dawson 80 episodes this week and next week.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2017, 10:13:54 PM »
They've updated the online schedule finally and episode 182 is scheduled for Thursday night.

Anyone have any comments about episode 182?

Without spoiling the outcome, the show ran L-O-N-G. Two of the contestants really took their sweet time letting the board run during every spin before stopping it. Peter looked noticably irritated at someone on the crew for not "rolling the board" quickly when it became apparent that they were short on time (the camera caught him giving a "hurry up!" hand gesture to someone). The final wrap-up segment, if it still exists on tape, was not aired on Buzzr yesterday -- the show ended with Peter sending it to break after the final spin had been spun and the championship decided. No prize recap, no fee plugs, etc.

Is it possible that CBS aired the original episode and allowed it to run long on air? Purely guessing, but I suspect that the episode seemingly running over is why GSN skipped airing it in the past.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2017, 10:42:39 PM »
Is it possible that CBS aired the original episode and allowed it to run long on air?
If you're asking is it possible CBS let the show run longer than thirty minutes because the producer of the show couldn't provide them with a show that was the correct length, the answer is no.  There are examples of that sort of thing happening in prime time occasionally, and of course live shows, but 1980s daytime television was not a place where you could just randomly have shows running a minute or two over.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tyshaun1

« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2017, 11:35:27 PM »

Anyone have any comments about episode 182?

Without spoiling the outcome, the show ran L-O-N-G. Two of the contestants really took their sweet time letting the board run during every spin before stopping it. Peter looked noticably irritated at someone on the crew for not "rolling the board" quickly when it became apparent that they were short on time (the camera caught him giving a "hurry up!" hand gesture to someone). The final wrap-up segment, if it still exists on tape, was not aired on Buzzr yesterday -- the show ended with Peter sending it to break after the final spin had been spun and the championship decided. No prize recap, no fee plugs, etc.

Is it possible that CBS aired the original episode and allowed it to run long on air? Purely guessing, but I suspect that the episode seemingly running over is why GSN skipped airing it in the past.

A couple episodes from around this time frame seem to have multiple edited versions: most notably, the May 18th episode (where 33K was won) where the one that CBS aired included the Home Player Spin and Peter's reaction and sign off with fee plugs after *3 minutes* of prize description with several other edits interspersed, whereas GSN/Buzzr aired a version where the Home Player Spin was edited out and they cut the reaction and fee plugs. Interesting that the editor for this episode cut out the transitions; perhaps Buzzr did that themselves to fit it in the proper timeslot? No way CBS lets the show air with only 3 commercial breaks...

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 07:56:14 PM by tyshaun1 »

tpirfan28

« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2017, 09:46:10 AM »
Episode attached.  I'm a bit surprised they didn't neuter the opening to save a minute or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLgpucvSloU
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Sodboy13

« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2017, 10:17:55 PM »
After, what was it, four weeks? we're done with Rafferty Card Sharks and back somewhere in the early weeks of Perry CS, back when players were only allowed to change the base card on the Money Cards. I'm surprised because we weren't in the Prize Card format yet, and Buzzr was using clips with that format in their promos, so they probably have more episodes of Rafferty's run at their disposal.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

calliaume

« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2018, 12:31:10 PM »
After, what was it, four weeks? we're done with Rafferty Card Sharks and back somewhere in the early weeks of Perry CS, back when players were only allowed to change the base card on the Money Cards.
And, as of last night, Buzzr had gone back to the Rafferty episodes (at least at 10 PM Eastern/9 PM Central), starting with the first episode again.  My understanding is Buzzr only showed the first five weeks of this run previously.

BillCullen1

« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2018, 01:58:51 PM »
Buzzr is also back to airing Louie Anderson eps of FF at 6 pm ET as of 1/8.

Sodboy13

« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2018, 10:55:48 PM »
Supermarket Sweep slots in at 8:30 ET starting Monday, hopefully putting The All-New All-Star Beat The Clock out to pasture.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

TimK2003

« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2018, 11:02:55 PM »
FWIW, Buzzr also just officially announced it is picking up Celebrity Name Game reruns, which will air Fridays, beginning February 9th.

That's the good news...

And now the flip side, per Broadcasting & Cable  http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/programming/buzzr-picks-supermarket-sweep-celebrity-name-game/170971...

Celebrity Name Game will be part of a new Friday night programming block on Buzzr that includes Temptation: The New Sale of the Century (2007-2008) and Family Feud with host Richard Karn (2002-2006).

BrandonFG

« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2018, 11:25:51 PM »
Celebrity Name Game will be part of a new Friday night programming block on Buzzr that includes Temptation: The New Sale of the Century (2007-2008) and Family Feud with host Richard Karn (2002-2006).
How's that song go? One-and-a-half outta three ain't bad?

/The half was Karn Feud, in case you were wondering
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!