The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR "Prime Time Party" beg. February 6th

<< < (60/60)

Long live Jeopardy!:

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on August 29, 2019, 01:03:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: Sodboy13 on August 28, 2019, 11:39:32 PM ---Supermarket Sweep made the switch to blue scoreboards tonight.

--- End quote ---

On the eighth episode of the season, which confuses me -- during prior seasons, they appeared to tape five episodes per day.

(Still waiting to see the extra ways to earn time and sweep bonus money that David keeps promising at the top of the show. Especially considering that the front game eliminated approximately three questions and the big sweep eliminated the $200 opportunity in the Manager's Special or Super Sandwich.)

--- End quote ---

The first PAX season in 2000 had three episodes taped on the first taping day and four episodes taped on the second taping day, so I guess this 1993 season was the same way as well.

Also, the three (or so) questions were brought back later in the 1993 season (definitely by the last batch of taped shows of that season), and the Manager's Special and Super Sandwich bonuses were brought back in the 1994 season.

Sodboy13:
Tonight's episode brought back the $250 touchscreen product while keeping the four jumbo bonus items in play. Also, there was a weird "taste test" mini-game where a player could win $50 to go with their 10 seconds if they could tell whether a sample of ice cream was regular or light. So there's a little more money and gimmick variety in the game trickling in gradually.

Dbacksfan12:

--- Quote from: Sodboy13 on September 03, 2019, 11:56:58 PM ---Also, there was a weird "taste test" mini-game where a player could win $50 to go with their 10 seconds if they could tell whether a sample of ice cream was regular or light.
--- End quote ---
Was this after a series of questions about movies?  If not, it will soon become a regular feature...the "Snack Attack Movie Game".  If I remember correctly, one variant was asking a contestant to identify a product for $50.  If they couldn't do so on the first go, the money was halved and the contestant then was offered a 50/50 option.

For no particular reason, an episode stands out in my mind with an incorrect guess of 7Up, and then a choice between Slice or Sprite.

Bryce L.:

--- Quote from: Dbacksfan12 on September 04, 2019, 12:25:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: Sodboy13 on September 03, 2019, 11:56:58 PM ---Also, there was a weird "taste test" mini-game where a player could win $50 to go with their 10 seconds if they could tell whether a sample of ice cream was regular or light.
--- End quote ---
Was this after a series of questions about movies?  If not, it will soon become a regular feature...the "Snack Attack Movie Game".  If I remember correctly, one variant was asking a contestant to identify a product for $50.  If they couldn't do so on the first go, the money was halved and the contestant then was offered a 50/50 option.

For no particular reason, an episode stands out in my mind with an incorrect guess of 7Up, and then a choice between Slice or Sprite.

--- End quote ---
It was the Snack Attack Movie Game, except that the 50/50 choice was given up-front, and there was only one chance to get the money (someone played this game either last week or week before last and lost).

Julius:
I wasn't able to record last Friday's 8:30 PM airing of the season 4 episode of Supermarket Sweep. Can anyone find out for me when will this episode re-air on buzzr? Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version