Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR "Prime Time Party" beg. February 6th  (Read 134092 times)

Sodboy13

Re: BUZZR "Prime Time Party" beg. February 6th
« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2018, 11:44:27 PM »
They should run Temptation back-to-back with $ale at least once for a helpful compare-and-contrast. Like a Goofus and Gallant for the game show set.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2018, 12:07:58 AM »
How's that song go? One-and-a-half outta three ain't bad?

/The half was Karn Feud, in case you were wondering
Half-assed is very generous.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2018, 12:23:32 AM »
It wasn't great television, but it was there. That said, I'd take the "DOUBLE THE POINTS!!1" over forced humor and terrible euphemisms any day.

/That's a lie
//I'm turning the TV off either way
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »
Buzzr overplays a handful of episodes: "There should be a greater variety!"

Buzzr offers a greater variety: "No, wait, we didn't mean THAT show!"
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BillCullen1

« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2018, 12:12:31 PM »
Speaking of which, Password Plus went back to airing Episode 1 on 1/9 with Liz Montgomery and Bob Foxworth. Last week, the celebs were Robert Urich and Bart Braverman and they introduced the "no opposites" rule.

Sodboy13

« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2018, 04:29:35 PM »
A couple weeks ago, they aired the first episode of season 2 of syndie $ale, then jumped back to the middle of season 1.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

cyclone45

« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2018, 08:42:09 PM »
They should run Temptation back-to-back with $ale at least once for a helpful compare-and-contrast. Like a Goofus and Gallant for the game show set.

You mean like comparing a Cadillac to a jalopy? Or comparing, dare I say "Ice cream to horse manure"?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2018, 10:17:45 PM »
A couple weeks ago, they aired the first episode of season 2 of syndie $ale, then jumped back to the middle of season 1.

Not this time. They went all the way back to the beginning this time.

I noticed also that there's an extra hour of infomercials, so the Buzzr broadcast day ends at 5 AM.

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2018, 08:42:37 AM »
Buzzr overplays a handful of episodes: "There should be a greater variety!"

Buzzr offers a greater variety: "No, wait, we didn't mean THAT show!"

Congratulations, you've managed to sum up all of the visitor posts on BUZZR's FB page. :)

TimK2003

« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2018, 05:48:02 PM »
One thing I was thinking about the Temptation reruns...Think of the extra commercial time they will have that half-hour, since I would assume they will edit out the home shopping references and 800 numbers from the show.  That could net them an extra 2-4 minutes of ads.

Sodboy13

« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2018, 10:11:23 PM »
It was only about 21 minutes with those added in, wasn't it?

Sodboy13

« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2018, 10:20:34 PM »
I didn't realize the "guarantee four rounds in every game" trick dated back to Karn Feud. Tonight, a team took the first two rounds for 173 points, so the Double round carried a maximum score of only 106. Of course, the way they set the game, with the first two rounds before the first ad break, they kinda created a problem that required such a solution.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2018, 11:06:58 PM »
If I remember the CBS version they would play three single value questions, then a double and finally a triple round at light-speed. If the current show is so averse to a team winning early (which is understandable because even though I've suggested it for a long time they still have not allowed for a Double Fast Money opportunity) they they could reduce rounds three and four accordingly and round five could be sudden death.

Or they could have a host who was competent at either stretching or hurrying as the case warranted.
Travis L. Eberle

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2018, 01:13:28 PM »
Or they could have a host who was competent at either stretching or hurrying as the case warranted.

They're not hurting for a lack of content within a taping. Steve talks to both families before the game even begins, and only a fraction of that is ever left in the program. In a worst-case scenario, if a team won in three rounds and there wasn't already enough banter during the main game to pad out the episode, Steve could riff on the Fast Money answers a little bit to get the show to its proper time.

The larger problem is the "two questions in act one" issue. If a team wins the game after the Double round, then there's nothing to do in act three. Unless they split Fast Money over two acts. (Am I remembering correctly that that's what they did before they started making it impossible for a team to win after the third question?)

BrandonFG

« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2018, 01:27:44 PM »
The larger problem is the "two questions in act one" issue. If a team wins the game after the Double round, then there's nothing to do in act three. Unless they split Fast Money over two acts. (Am I remembering correctly that that's what they did before they started making it impossible for a team to win after the third question?)
During at least the Karn years, yes.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!