Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FOX bringing back Love Connection, premiering Beat Shazam  (Read 6406 times)

BrandonFG

FOX bringing back Love Connection, premiering Beat Shazam
« on: January 11, 2017, 12:17:10 PM »
Coming this summer to a TV near you.

Love Connection will be hosted by Andy Cohen of Bravo. Jamie Foxx will host Beat Shazam. Discuss (diss-cuss?)!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chad1m

Re: FOX bringing back Love Connection, premiering Beat Shazam
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 12:40:07 PM »
Deeper reporting on Beat Shazam makes it seem like a decent-enough remodeling of Name That Tune for the tech era. Instead of racing the Golden Medley clock, they race recognition software. I look forward to it. (I don't know who was really clamoring for a return of Love Connection in the post-Blind Date, current-Bachelor world, but hey.)

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 12:52:26 PM »
I know Loni Love was supposed to host a syndicated revival. That was about two years ago, but of course nothing came to fruition there. I'm curious whether they keep the same concept from the 80s/90s, or add a modern spin to it for the Tinder era. People love watching other people air out their dirty laundry, so you don't really need to do any modernizing.

As for Beat Shazam, I immediately thought of Name That Tune, minus the live band. Cool to know it won't be your typical 1-vs. the house, climb the money tree type of show. Sounds like a fun little concept; I just hope FOX doesn't muck it up with the extra elements.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 01:45:08 PM »
Doesn't Jamie Foxx become the first competative Oscar winner to host a game show?

Competative because of Grocho's honorary.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 05:33:45 PM »
Doesn't Jamie Foxx become the first competative Oscar winner to host a game show?

Competative because of Grocho's honorary.
Regular host, yes. If we count guest hosts, add Charlton Heston ("The $64,000 Question") and Don Ameche ("To Tell the Truth") to the list.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 07:39:17 PM »
Neither was an oscar winner when they guest hosted unless I got my dates wrong.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 08:54:02 PM »
Well, Chuck did say his political views would cost him future jobs. :)  Obviously, Fox and Fox News are two different animals.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 01:58:41 AM »
Chuck is also seventy five years old, lest we forget.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jamey Greek

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 11:17:03 AM »
Love Connection is now casting

https://venertainment.com/now-casting/

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 07:21:04 PM »
(I don't know who was really clamoring for a return of Love Connection in the post-Blind Date, current-Bachelor world, but hey.)
I think one thing that hasn't gone away despite those changes is that people still go on a lot of bad dates, and it seems like there are more of those in our world where online dating has become a normalized thing.

Andy Cohen is a great choice as host too. Color me cautiously optimistic.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

JakeT

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 09:37:06 PM »
Chuck is also seventy five years old, lest we forget.

Also, I read somewhere that this version will sometimes feature same-sex daters...if this turns out to be the case, I have my doubts that Chuck would have been willing to be a part of it.

JakeT

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 06:02:34 PM »
Bumping with a premiere date for Beat Shazam--Thursday, May 25.  (Source:  Commercial during Cavs/Hawks game on Fox Sports Ohio)

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 08:25:54 PM »
Bumping for a promo for the show, courtesy of the Love Connection Twitter handle.

Neumms

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 05:34:43 PM »
Wow, what a big screen. If this works, maybe another network will compete by bringing back Tattletales with three ginormous screens.

chrisholland03

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 09:39:33 AM »
Wow, what a big screen. If this works, maybe another network will compete by bringing back Tattletales with three ginormous screens.

Or six biggies -- then you wouldn't even need to have the celebrities in person.  They could just Skype/Facetime/etc.