Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Divided and Idiotest on GSN January 19  (Read 10489 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Divided and Idiotest on GSN January 19
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 11:21:20 PM »
Number of seasons: 4.

Number of episodes: 51.

My point is that you would do well to park the attitude out by the fire hydrant (that way it can be towed away) if you're going to bleat about leaving us forever, only to skulk back here.

/that actually wasn't my point, I just think it needs to be said.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 11:41:42 PM »
"Chase" had four seasons. But, it still doesn't change the idea that a second weekly episode implies overkill. Plenty of game shows added another episode to the rotation. Some did well (nighttime Feud and Squares, Millionaire), others didn't. Nothing new here.

We're talking about a network that airs six hours of Steve Harvey Overreacting to Dick Jokes. A second episode of a weekly game show is light work for them.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 02:38:50 AM »
And the Chase didn't even make a 3rd season. What's your point?

You bumped a thread that was about a month old to snark about a show you don't like. Don't even.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 07:29:01 AM »
FF has 40 daily airings.  Should we be worried? :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

cyclone45

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 10:41:24 PM »
Might as well call it TFN:GS, The Feud Network with Game Shows

cyclone45

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 10:43:12 PM »
FF has 40 daily airings.  Should we be worried? :)

Oh I love Divided. But most of the stuff I've seen on here has been purely negative. So I thought it was getting bad ratings and they were burning through it. My mistake.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 05:48:24 PM »
A mistake you could have easily avoided making by doing your due diligence. No pass.
I wasn't going to give him a pass either, but his error amounts to more or less changing lanes without signaling.

Oh I love Divided. But most of the stuff I've seen on here has been purely negative. So I thought it was getting bad ratings and they were burning through it. My mistake.
Right---many of us have found lots of things not to like, but we can still be happy for the people who are working for it, or for the fact that if Divided and Idiotest succeed that GSN will go more towards old-style in-studio game shows and less towards cast-off reality fare like Window Warriors and Skin Wars.

If you have a question, feel free to ask, but you can also do a little research as well.

Travis L. Eberle