Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ok, I watched a little od Celebrity Mole  (Read 3745 times)

TV Favorites

Ok, I watched a little od Celebrity Mole
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2004, 05:38:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jan 23 2004, 10:09 AM\'] I think "The Mole" is just about the best of the "reality" shows, however I certainly would like to see another version with civilians as contestants rather than celebrities.  Does anyone know if they ever plan to do that again? [/quote]
 I heard that the original plan was to do a Mole 3 with civilians instead of celebrities.  This plan was in place before the first Celebrity Mole aired.  When ABC saw the ratings for the first celebrity version, they decided they wanted another celebrity version (Yucatan) instead of civ. contestants.

Michael Brandenburg

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2004, 07:29:50 PM »
Unlike most game shows, I think the "celebrity" edition of The Mole is something that can be better that the civilian edition.  After all, it is a game of devious deception on the part of the "mole" player in the game, something that a professional actor/actress should be ideally suited for.

Still, though I have been enjoying this current run of the show, I have to agree with a comment that appeared in USA Today during the Celebrity Mole - Hawaii run: "Forget who's the Mole -- who's the celebrity?"

Michael Brandenburg
   (Too bad the fallout from the first season of Survivor left me disinclined to watch the first Mole series -- I did see the second one, and thought it was quite good.)

ChuckNet

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2004, 11:51:07 AM »
(Too bad the fallout from the first season of Survivor left me disinclined to watch the first Mole series -- I did see the second one, and thought it was quite good.)

You'll be able to catch the 1st series of The Mole once GSN adds it to the lineup as part of their March revamp.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")