Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Missed Hosting Opportunities  (Read 27560 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Re: Missed Hosting Opportunities
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2017, 06:59:29 AM »
Now you're just being silly really farking annoying.
FTFY.

BrandonFG

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2017, 07:55:47 AM »

Speaking of Steve would have been great for TPIR.  He could have gotten on some dumb contestants like Bob did!

Few selections strike me as being worse for Price is Right than Steve Harvey...
GEORGE GRAY: Next item up for bids is a dinette set!
CONTESTANT: Uhhhh $69,420...huh huh...
STEVE:

Every. Single. Episode.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jay Temple

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2017, 02:03:08 AM »
I don't know about being the full-time host of a new show, but it occurred to me some time ago that if Dick Clark got sick partway through a week of Pyramid where Charlie Siebert was playing, he could have taken over hosting duties for the remaining shows, and they'd just need to bring in one of their regulars (Soupy, Nipsey) to play. As a bonus, the judge wouldn't have as many decisions to make about whether a clue was legal.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Jamey Greek

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2017, 12:33:43 AM »
I don't know about being the full-time host of a new show, but it occurred to me some time ago that if Dick Clark got sick partway through a week of Pyramid where Charlie Siebert was playing, he could have taken over hosting duties for the remaining shows, and they'd just need to bring in one of their regulars (Soupy, Nipsey) to play. As a bonus, the judge wouldn't have as many decisions to make about whether a clue was legal.

He could have guest hosted while Dick played.  Like McClean Stevenson guest hosted a round of Match a Game once

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2017, 06:01:24 AM »

Dick never got sick, and even if he did he'd insist on working through it.  Just look at how he wanted to be working even after his stroke, when he really should have retired.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2017, 11:07:38 AM »
He could have guest hosted while Dick played.  Like McClean Stevenson guest hosted a round of Match a Game once

Siebert would have been great in that spot, but wouldn't Bob Stewart more likely go with Henry Polic II in that spot since he was already one of his hosts?

whewfan

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2017, 05:31:42 AM »
Having watched some Double Talk episodes recently, i would say that while Henry Polic II was a bit rusty in the premiere episode, and probably the whole first week or so, he really wasn't that bad of a host. Compare the premiere to the finale, the improvement is quite noticeable.  So, I think he could've handled Pyramid... just not so much the announcing duties (he announced for at least a week for Davidson, I don't think he did for Clark).

Neumms

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2017, 02:46:57 PM »
I loved Vicki Lawrence as a player on Pyramid and as host of Win Lose or Draw. She'd have been a great choice. I agree Siebert could have been good, too. Loved the game, had presence that could help him run the show.

Jamey Greek

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2017, 08:50:55 AM »
What would have been neat is if Vicki or Charlie guest hosted while Dick took a turn playing the game

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2017, 09:42:23 AM »
Not so neat for the partner on the other side.
Travis L. Eberle

Jamey Greek

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2017, 07:35:39 PM »
Michael Reagan could have tried out for Daytime Wheel after Pat left.  I'm surprised he didn't try out especially given Merv's friendship with The Reagan family.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2017, 08:50:30 AM »
Off-topic posts, and posts complaining about other members have been removed from this thread. If you want to complain about someone, do it on your own private Facebook page or wherever, but not here.

Jamey Greek

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2020, 04:53:19 PM »
Since we are talking about Daytime Wheel, I would have loved to see the audition tape for Jimmy Connors.  He was Merv's first pick to succeed Pat on Daytime Wheel, but NBC Sports overruled him.

I would love to see it too and IMO, NBC should have let him do both.  I think that is my theory as to why Tim Brando was not picked because Mwrv was afraid that NBC might step in again and hire him for their sports department. Also, MG Kelly would have been great for Daytime Wheelm. I mean after all, the announcing job was only temporary

carlisle96

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2020, 02:21:45 PM »
Jack Narz for just about anything

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2020, 05:05:45 PM »
Since we are talking about Daytime Wheel, I would have loved to see the audition tape for Jimmy Connors.  He was Merv's first pick to succeed Pat on Daytime Wheel, but NBC Sports overruled him.

I would love to see it too and IMO, NBC should have let him do both.  I think that is my theory as to why Tim Brando was not picked because Mwrv was afraid that NBC might step in again and hire him for their sports department. Also, MG Kelly would have been great for Daytime Wheelm. I mean after all, the announcing job was only temporary

If you're going to wait three years to reply to a comment, don't bother.

Also, like three years ago, your insistence on carpetbombing the thread with "INSERT HOST HERE" for Daytime Wheel is mildly annoying.

Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.