Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sunday nighters...where the crap are we?  (Read 4439 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Sunday nighters...where the crap are we?
« on: November 28, 2016, 04:41:05 AM »
So I flipped over to the Sunday night Buzzr lineup tonight for the first time in awhile because I wanted to see where everything was.

The first half of the Sale hour looked like they skipped over one episode. Unless I'd forgotten how much outgoing champion Preston had won in his first go. So after this episode, which was the first of Helaine Lowey's seven victories on her way to claiming the lot, we inexplicably went all the way back to the premiere in the second half of the hour. Weird.

As far as the other two components, would I be correct in assuming that Beat the Clock did reset while Double Dare didn't?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Re: Sunday nighters...where the crap are we?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 08:44:19 AM »
On the "Sale" front, they may have played John Goss' seventh game (previously skipped by GSN).

Allstar87

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 09:18:17 AM »
On the "Sale" front, they may have played John Goss' seventh game (previously skipped by GSN).

As far as I know, they haven't shown it. They have shown John's first though, as well as the 2/11/85 episode that GSN kept skipping.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 10:52:39 AM »

As far as I know, they haven't shown it. They have shown John's first though, as well as the 2/11/85 episode that GSN kept skipping.

I don't get why GSN would've skipped over John's first episode, considering that it coincided with the change in the shopping round that reduced the final total to win the lot, but that's neither here nor there.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BillCullen1

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 11:26:25 AM »
John Goss' 7th win on SOTC was shown a few weeks back. On Double Dare, they showed a Ray Winston episode last night (12/4) then started repeating. I remember Julius Caesar from the Spoilers round.

Also, this past Saturday (12/3) they ran a couple of PYL eps with Randy West.