Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2016-17 time slot thread  (Read 18380 times)

jage

Re: 2016-17 time slot thread
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2016, 02:39:50 AM »
The shiftings of Millionaire's time slots are very encouraging. Most of the reports here seem like positive changes. (It stays at 12:30pm on WJRT ABC12 in Flint-Saginaw-Bay City.) I'll be interested to see what effects, if any, it has on the ratings.
I believe it's been there since season 1? One of the few if true.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2016, 05:25:22 AM »
I'm interested to see the answer myself. Or if there were any other markets that have aired Millionaire on the same station at the same time since it premiered.

I was kinda surprised that, after they all started snapping it up, that not all of ABC's O&Os got it. WLS to the best of my knowledge never had it and KABC only got it within the last two years.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

chad1m

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2016, 12:43:53 PM »
I believe it's been there since season 1? One of the few if true.
It's definitely been on the same station since the beginning, but I remember early on it was scheduled at 4:00 or 4:30.

tvmitch

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2016, 07:05:17 AM »
The shiftings of Millionaire's time slots are very encouraging. Most of the reports here seem like positive changes. (It stays at 12:30pm on WJRT ABC12 in Flint-Saginaw-Bay City.) I'll be interested to see what effects, if any, it has on the ratings.
In my market, it's not so much of a time-period upgrade as a station upgrade. As Aaron Sica mentioned, the show goes from a 1pm airing on WPMT, the Fox affiliate, to a 12:30pm airing immediately following the noon news, on the dominant NBC affiliate, WGAL. It replaces the John Tesh "Intelligence" show, which sat in that slot for two years.

Also as Aaron mentioned, WGAL is the last of the major stations in our market to air Millionaire. It is an encouraging development, but it also might be  a marriage of convenience, as there were probably only a few half-hour shows available to program in that slot before Days of our Lives at 1pm. There may have been some additional station commercial avails added into the deal for some of these stations this year, to entice them to take the show.

WPMT did the show no favors during its run, and the ratings books often showed hashmarks during those early afternoon hours. WGAL will only provide a ratings improvement.
You should follow me on Twitter

chad1m

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2016, 12:47:31 PM »
It stays at 12:30pm on WJRT ABC12 in Flint-Saginaw-Bay City.
An addendum to this: WJRT is also airing the double-run of Millionaire for the first time, at 1:07am. It looks like the double-run episodes this season are again new, same-season episodes.

polo23

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2016, 11:34:57 PM »
For Lansing, WLAJ adds Celebrity Name Game back to back from 9-10am weekdays.

The second run Millionaire episodes are new for the first few weeks, and then they add the first run episodes as repeats. If you don't live in a double run market, those episodes usually will air in January.

WJRT aired Millionaire at 4:30pm, the first season. It was paired with Pyramid. When ABC gave back the time slot, WJRT placed it there and left it there. Good to see the show not getting a death time slot in the Flint market.

TimK2003

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2016, 01:34:41 AM »
Little change this year for Western Colorado. 

Times are Mountain
(KGJT/KREX/KFQX are all owned and run by Nexstar Media):

WEEKDAYS:
CBS/KREX-TV

9AM -- Family Feud
9:30 -- Family Feud
10AM -- The Price Is Right
1PM -- Let's Make A Deal

Fox/KFQX-TV

3:30 -- Family Feud
4PM -- Family Feud
4:30 -- Millionaire
5PM -- Millionaire

MyNetwork/KGJT-TV

3PM -- Celebrity Name Game
3:30 -- Celebrity Name Game

NBC/KKCO-TV

4PM -- Jeopardy!
4:30 -- Jeopardy!
6:30 -- Wheel Of Fortune

ABC/KJCT-TV

No GS Programming outside of network primetime.

WEEKENDS:

Family Feud
-- Saturdays 4PM & 4:30 on KGJT, 6:30 on KREX .  Feud has been used to plug up random open timeslots on the weekends on all 3 Nexstar stations in the past -- as if 11-1/2 hours of syndicated Feud per week is not enough!!!
Celebrity Name Game -- Sundays 12:30 & 1PM on KGJT
Wheel Of Fortune -- Saturdays at 4 or 4:30 when there are no NBC Sports Programming.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2016, 06:23:44 PM »
There is apparently one other change in Cleveland, and it's odd.

Celebrity Name Game is getting the double run treatment, with one airing on WKYC-3 at 2 PM and the other airing on WUAB-43, not a sister station to WKYC, at 2 AM.  WUAB is also getting a weekend airing of CNG, for now at 4:30 PM on Saturdays.

aaron sica

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2016, 09:40:45 AM »
Another small change in, as Mitch Groff calls, it, the HLLY market (Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York). At noon, WHP-21 (CBS) has replaced the religious "Life Today" program with "Daytime Jeopardy". It had been airing on sister station 21.3 (My CW Central PA) at 10:30pm previously.

This is the first game show to get the noon slot on WHP since the ill-fated 1998 "Match Game" revival.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2016, 04:22:02 AM »
Got curious, since it's still my "home" market deep down in my heart, what's going on in Nashville for the fall, and got one interesting (at least to me) surprise:

Family Feud:
11:00 AM: WZTV (FOX) (New - now in Quadruple Run) (Replaces WWTBAM)
5:00 PM: WUXP (MyTV)
6:00 PM: WUXP (MyTV)
6:30 PM: WUXP (MyTV)

Celebrity Name Game:
11:30 AM: WZTV (FOX)
5:30 PM: WUXP (MyTV)

Jeopardy!:
5:00 PM: WZTV (FOX) (Moves from 6 PM) (Pretty sure this is first run J!'s first time out of the 6 PM slot *somewhere* in Nashville since...possibly ever or at least since the 80s)

Wheel of Fortune:
6:30 PM: WKRN (ABC)*
*During NFL Season, Monday's episode airs at 1:35 AM.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire:
12:30 PM: WSMV (NBC)
1:37 AM: WSMV (NBC)
The double run is resurrected in the market, the primary run gets an upgrade, and WSMV is carrying a first run syndicated game show for the first time in somewhere between 20-25 years. I know they were airing Wheel in the early-mid 90s, but lost it to WKRN [ABC] at some point, and I have zero recollection of anything in at least the last two decades)

Unrealtor

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2016, 10:11:36 AM »
No changes in Austin that I can see other than that the third and fourth episodes of Family Feud have been dropped from KBVO's late-night schedule since the last time I paid attention. The standard double-run is on sister station KNVA at 6:00 and 6:30.

Wheel of Fortune stays on KXAN at 6:30, a spot that I'm pretty sure it's occupied since the beginning of its syndicated run. Jeopardy is on KXAN at 4:00 (Daytime) and 4:30 (first-run.)

KEYE keeps its afternoon game show block, with Millionaire (3:00) and Celebrity Name Game (3:30) immediately after Let's Make a Deal.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2016, 12:00:47 AM »
So the final lineup in New York is as follows:

-Jeopardy, Wheel, and Feud all keep their first run slots. That's 7-8 on WABC for the former two and 6:30-7:30 for Feud on WWOR.

-Millionaire's double run returns to WABC. Primary moves from late night to 2:00 PM preceding RightThisMinute, while the double run episode returns to late night and airs at 1:35 AM preceding Celebrity Page (the former OK!TV, which changed its name midway through last season). (ETA: apparently this is inaccurate, as when I had flipped over one night RightThisMinute was on. So either someone on my channel guide is asleep at the wheel or the show was preempted that day. Leaning toward the former)

-CNG keeps the double run on WPIX but it's now split up. WPIX dropped its 6:30 newscast and moved CNG back there. The second episode now airs at 3:00 AM. The hour it previously occupied is now filled with a second episode of The Steve Wilkos Show, which is still on after all this time.

-the Feud rerun double run moves to the 3:00 PM hour on WWOR. Meaning if you just can't get enough of Steve Harvey, you can watch him for two straight hours (his talk show airs at 2:00 on WNBC).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 02:06:56 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

golden-road

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2016, 05:49:08 PM »
Only change in Boise is Millionaire and CNG moving from My Net (and now also ION) station KTRV back to previous station KNIN (FOX), airing at the same slots of 5-6 PM. KTRV switched to ION due to financial problems stemming from losing FOX in 2011.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2016, 10:14:51 AM »
Remainder for those in grand rapids mi. Thursday's Jeopardy during football season airs at 11 on 3-2 or CW7.

chad1m

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2016, 12:39:45 PM »
I don’t think the first year of the double-run of Millionaire in my market is going smoothly so far. These are the episodes that I’ve seen so far. (Very unspecific I know, but I’m going off recollections)

Monday afternoon: Episode with Yo-Yo's first part of her game
Monday night: Episode with older fellow

Tuesday afternoon: Second half of older fellow's game
Tuesday night: Second half of older fellow's game

Wednesday afternoon: Episode where early question is about Greenland not being covered in ice
Wednesday night: Episode where early question is about Greenland not being covered in ice

Thursday afternoon: Lynn Belliveau continues her game (I did not see her play yesterday)

Looking at the transcripts posted so far at WWTBAM Bored, it seems that the Tuesday double-run and Wednesday double-runs aired in the "first-run" spot in my market accidentally, and now I'm back on track. Does anyone have an air calendar or the ability to corroborate my assumptions?