Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2016-17 time slot thread  (Read 18374 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: 2016-17 time slot thread
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 10:37:42 AM »
For WPVI, the ABC O&O in Philadelphia, Zap2It is showing Millionaire at 2pm and again at 1:07am (after Nightline).  RightThisMinute will air at 2:30pm.  Hopefully this is the case for the other O&Os.

I think that about confirms it for New York as WPVI is its twin.

RightThisMinute has been double run for the last few years here though, with WNYW and WLNY carrying an hour a day. That's why I figured the trend would continue.

But boy oh boy, how strange that's gonna be now in New York if that's indeed how it turns out.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 11:00:56 AM »
Speaking of syndicated offerings...does anybody know if Crime Watch Daily got renewed for a second season? I found it strange that they went into reruns because I thought it was supposed to be like an Inside Edition type show and usually shows like that air new episodes every day.

Looks like it did. Why don't you take a seat over there, please, because the new title is "Crime Watch Daily with Chris Hansen" as of September 12. :P

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 01:35:51 PM »
Changes for game shows in Seattle - Tacoma:

WWTBAM moves to its fourth (at least) different station in the market: KIRO (CBS - 7) at 3:00 & 3:30 pm.  The Bold and the Beautiful and RightThisMinute move an hour earlier, displacing FABLife.  KIRO also continues with LMAD & TPIR at 9 and 10 am, respectively. Meanwhile, KSTW (CW - 11) replaces Millionaire with reruns of Hot in Cleveland and The Middle.  They still have two double runs of Feud, from 4 - 5 pm (reruns) and from 6 - 7 pm (new episodes as of 9/12.)

WWTBAM will directly oppose Celebrity Name Game in the 3:00 hour on JOEtv (KZJO - 22).  CNG had been in single first-run on JOEtv's sister station KCPQ (Fox - 13) at 6 pm; effective 9/12, reruns of Modern Family (which followed CNG at 6:30) will extend to a double run in that hour. The secondary double run of CNG on JOEtv at 8 & 8:30 am will be replaced with Yet Another Judge Show. ::)
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 02:15:36 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, and holy moly is that a lot of deck chairs moving about.

/JOEtV should be the sister station as KCPQ is the FOX affil and channel 10 useta was previously independent/WB/MyTV/this deal now, but that's a small quibble.
///KOMO, KONG, KSTW, KIRO sounds like a lot but the show has been on consistently since 2002, so that's a change every four years.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 03:44:26 PM »
Speaking of syndicated offerings...does anybody know if Crime Watch Daily got renewed for a second season? I found it strange that they went into reruns because I thought it was supposed to be like an Inside Edition type show and usually shows like that air new episodes every day.
It did...looking over the TV listings, Chris Hansen is the new host.

Other than Feud moving into the 7:00 hour, everything else here stays the same. Fun fact I noticed...with that move, there's now three games airing at 7:30 pm in my area: Jeopardy!, Feud and Celebrity Name Game. I imagine that hasn't happened here since sometime in the mid-80s. IIRC, J! aired against Davidson's Squares and The New Newlywed Game or All New Dating Game at 7:30.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 05:10:16 PM »
The only change in Cleveland I see is a second airing of Millionaire at 9:30 AM starting this Monday, along with the 3 PM airing.  And just 3 months ago, we had no Millionaire.

bosox1256

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 08:54:29 AM »
From what it looks like, Providence/New Bedford is getting Millionaire again, on ABC affiliate WLNE (where it was for many years) at 10:00 and 10:30AM.  Otherwise no other changes noticed.

tvmitch

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 10:39:52 AM »
WPMT has "promoted" CNG from a 6pm & 2:30am airing to a double-run at 1pm to replace WWTBAM. Feud had a quadruple run (12pm hour *and* 2pm hour). The noon hour was reruns, and the 2pm the new episodes - 2pm is now RightThisMinute, with the new episodes moving to 6pm and 6:30pm.
It's about time that WPMT moved Feud to an evening slot. It's only been doing well in the ratings for a few years now. I thought it curious last year when they slotted CNG as a double-run at 6pm.
You should follow me on Twitter

Prizes

• Both a miner and a hoe
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2016, 11:49:36 AM »
From what it looks like, Providence/New Bedford is getting Millionaire again, on ABC affiliate WLNE (where it was for many years) at 10:00 and 10:30AM.  Otherwise no other changes noticed.

Thanks for this, wouldn't have found this otherwise since BAM's homepage still doesn't list this (my) market under its list under 'find your station'. The only problem now is trying to balance it with Countdown, which is on during the same time.

This also now competes with WPRI's LMaD, though more choices for shows is never a bad thing. Speaking of WPRI I'd be surprised if WJ! moved at all, they've been there in their 7/7:30 slots ever since both went syndicated.
Owner of WOF fan site buyavowel.boards.net
Didn't like scuba diving school. Too many fights.
~Jessica Brand

aaron sica

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2016, 12:21:24 PM »
It's about time that WPMT moved Feud to an evening slot. It's only been doing well in the ratings for a few years now. I thought it curious last year when they slotted CNG as a double-run at 6pm.

AFAIK, it's now the #1 syndicated game show? I figured either they would do that, or it would go to another station in the market, but for 7pm-8pm prime access, that would prove to be difficult in our market.

peiboy91

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016, 02:03:34 AM »
Millionaire I don't think is going back to daytime on WABC...I know some rumblings were made that the O&Os were gonna go back to having it on in dayparts but they did pick up RightThisMinute for the coming season and Disney went to all that trouble to secure WLNY as an affiliate last year (although you can't get that as an over the air channel in most of the market). We shall see.

KABC will be running "Millionaire" at 1:00 (based on a promo they were running during the Sunday night game shows).

Guess I'd better specify that I mean 1:00 P.M., given that they currently have it on at 2:07 A.M.

I just saw the promo. I found it funny that it says "Millionaire returns to ABC7" even though they've been burying it in that overnight slot.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2016, 05:43:04 PM »
The only change in Grand rapids seems to be the return of. Millionaire after a season to WOTV 41 at 4:00.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 01:00:10 PM by Chuck Sutton »

chad1m

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2016, 06:23:43 PM »
The shiftings of Millionaire's time slots are very encouraging. Most of the reports here seem like positive changes. (It stays at 12:30pm on WJRT ABC12 in Flint-Saginaw-Bay City.) I'll be interested to see what effects, if any, it has on the ratings.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2016, 10:00:44 PM »
So apparently here's your final New York lineup for the coming season.

Millionaire- at the very least will air in its current 1:37 slot on WABC. Figure it'll return to its 2 PM perch as well (TV Guide says TBA but WPVI is its schedule twin, so...). WLNY is replacing it with Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

CNG- staying at 4 and 4:30 weekdays on WPIX.

Feud- first run stays at 6:30, double run follows at 7. Daytime rerun double run relocated to the 3 PM hour. Still airing on WWOR.

Jeopardy and Wheel once again hold down the 7 PM hour on WABC as they have for over 25 years.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Sodboy13

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2016, 12:54:20 AM »
Chicago:

Millionaire stays on "The U Too" (26.2 and 48.1), but the double-run moves from 11:00am to 2:00pm.

Celebrity Name Game stays in its 10:00am double-run on WGN.

Family Feud's rerun hour moves from WFLD-32 to the other Fox O&O, WPWR-50 at 1:00pm. The new double-run stays on WPWR-50 at 5:00pm.

WLS-7 has Jeopardy at 3:30pm, Wheel at 6:30pm, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, and let us never speak of Katie Couric again, amen.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation