Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2016-17 time slot thread  (Read 18345 times)

aaron sica

2016-17 time slot thread
« on: August 07, 2016, 08:04:31 PM »
starts this year in August.

Millionaire is moving in the Harrisburg-Lebanon-Lancaster-York market - from WPMT-43 (Fox, York), where it aired a double-run from 1pm-2pm, to WGAL-8 (NBC, Lancster) where it will air at 12:30pm, replacing the John Tesh-hosted "Intelligence For Your Life".

With this move, Millionaire has been on all of the "big 4" stations in this market, as it was on WHTM-27 (Harrisburg, ABC) from 2002-2006, WHP-21 (Harrisburg, CBS) from 2006-2008, and WPMT from 2008-now.

Chelsea Thrasher

Re: 2016-17 time slot thread
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 05:50:18 PM »
Not sure about any of the other stations here in this market (Louisville), but the decision was made here at WHAS to drop Celebrity Name Game. We've started running ads for it's replacement (TD Jakes).  From my understanding, it'll be the first time since the 1997-98 season we haven't aired at least one syndicated game show.

mmb5

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 10:04:56 PM »
replacing the John Tesh-hosted "Intelligence For Your Life".
What aired for the other 29 minutes?
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Scrabbleship

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 12:05:50 PM »
Celebrity Name Game is reportedly on the move in Boston. A leaked draft schedule of post-NBC WHDH has it on from 1-2 PM. No idea of where it would land until the new year, probably 9-10 AM (it's current time on WSBK) on sister WLVI.

The timeslot might be a slight upgrade, but getting into the hot mess that WHDH and WLVI will soon become might hurt more than help. Related to the same move, the second double run of Feud is moving from 11-Midnight on WLVI to 8-9 PM on WHDH.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 05:19:56 PM »
Harvey Feud stays on WTVZ, but it moves to 7-8 p.m. It hasn't aired in that hour here since the Combs era.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 10:42:57 AM »
WGAL may have been a little presumptous  - WWTBAM is not airing at 12:30 quite yet. September 12 is the season premiere date, IIRC, and per Zap2It, that's when WGAL starts airing it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:22:22 AM by aaron sica »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 03:32:29 AM »
I'm waiting to see what New York has but I don't know how much change there really is going to be.

I know at least two hours of afternoon TV are opening up with FABlife and The Bill Cunningham Show leaving the airwaves but am pretty certain that at least one of those hours is going to be spoken for. The shows that would be affected potentially would be CNG and Millionaire, the former of which airs at 4 PM in the double run as of this moment.

The recent trend in New York appears to be 4 PM newscasts and considering how much WPIX has been expanding their news program over the last few years it would not surprise me a bit if they were to swap CNG out of the 4 PM hour and use it to launch another newscast. (ETA: such a move would give them three straight hours of news on weekdays, which would be the longest in New York; WABC and WNBC currently top out at 2:30 while WNYW and WCBS have the standard ninety minutes.)

Millionaire I don't think is going back to daytime on WABC...I know some rumblings were made that the O&Os were gonna go back to having it on in dayparts but they did pick up RightThisMinute for the coming season and Disney went to all that trouble to secure WLNY as an affiliate last year (although you can't get that as an over the air channel in most of the market). We shall see.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:09:24 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 08:26:03 AM »
I know at least two hours of afternoon TV are opening up with FABlife and The Bill Cunningham Show leaving the airwaves but am pretty certain that at least one of those hours is going to be spoken for.
The ABC O&O's are replacing FabLife with RightThisMinute.

PYLdude

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 11:16:13 AM »
I know at least two hours of afternoon TV are opening up with FABlife and The Bill Cunningham Show leaving the airwaves but am pretty certain that at least one of those hours is going to be spoken for.

Which I said in my post.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

aaron sica

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 11:33:53 AM »

Which I said in my post.

Wow, mea culpa. I only saw that one of the hours for FabLife and Cunningham were spoken for.

polo23

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 01:18:14 PM »
Detroit gets second run episodes of Millionaire and Celebrity Name Game starting at 9am starting 9/12. First run Millionaire airs at 3pm. Third run Family Feud airs at 3:30pm. All of these changes are on WWJ CBS62. Everything else remains the same.

trainman

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 12:06:52 AM »
Millionaire I don't think is going back to daytime on WABC...I know some rumblings were made that the O&Os were gonna go back to having it on in dayparts but they did pick up RightThisMinute for the coming season and Disney went to all that trouble to secure WLNY as an affiliate last year (although you can't get that as an over the air channel in most of the market). We shall see.

KABC will be running "Millionaire" at 1:00 (based on a promo they were running during the Sunday night game shows).

Guess I'd better specify that I mean 1:00 P.M., given that they currently have it on at 2:07 A.M.
trainman is a man of trains

PYLdude

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 03:18:11 AM »

Which I said in my post.

Wow, mea culpa. I only saw that one of the hours for FabLife and Cunningham were spoken for.

All good, kind sir. :)

Speaking of syndicated offerings...does anybody know if Crime Watch Daily got renewed for a second season? I found it strange that they went into reruns because I thought it was supposed to be like an Inside Edition type show and usually shows like that air new episodes every day.

Went ahead to see if I could find anything out about WABC's schedule and apparently it's status quo. Millionaire isn't moving out of its timeslot at 1:37 AM and WLNY is keeping it on at 4:00 PM as it did last year. Interestingly enough, the 2:00 PM slot is "to be announced", which means they didn't think to go that far ahead for some reason. (They being the compilers at TV Guide.)

SwohS Emag

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 08:16:10 AM »
For WPVI, the ABC O&O in Philadelphia, Zap2It is showing Millionaire at 2pm and again at 1:07am (after Nightline).  RightThisMinute will air at 2:30pm.  Hopefully this is the case for the other O&Os.

aaron sica

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 08:52:15 AM »
WPMT has "promoted" CNG from a 6pm & 2:30am airing to a double-run at 1pm to replace WWTBAM. Feud had a quadruple run (12pm hour *and* 2pm hour). The noon hour was reruns, and the 2pm the new episodes - 2pm is now RightThisMinute, with the new episodes moving to 6pm and 6:30pm.