Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC renews the Sunday Fun and Games block  (Read 2891 times)

BrandonFG

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Re: ABC renews the Sunday Fun and Games block
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 01:48:32 PM »
"To Tell the Truth" was also renewed.  Info is up on the ABC Press Site.  Excerpt below:

Two-time Emmy Award-nominee Anthony Anderson returns to host a second season of this summer’s hit series “To Tell the Truth.” Produced by FremantleMedia North America, “To Tell the Truth” is clever and funny re-imagination of the beloved game show of the same name. The all-new version takes the excitement to another level, featuring fun characters from pop culture. In each round, the panel is presented with three people who all claim to be the same person with the same incredible talent, job or achievement. One is sworn to tell the truth while the others are not.

“To Tell the Truth” averaged 5.2 million Total Viewers and a 1.2/4 in Adults 18-49 during its run, improving its hour for ABC over “Extreme Weight Loss” during the comparable weeks last summer by 86% in Total Viewers and by 50% in Adults 18-49. On its series premiere, “To Tell the Truth” delivered ABC’s best summertime numbers with series programming in the hour in 3 years with Total Viewers and in 2 years with Adults 18-49 – since 5/28/13 and 6/24/14, respectively.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 02:01:22 PM »
Is it too much to hope that Pyramid or Match game gets paired with To Tell the Truth with one new show on each night or is that overkill?

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 02:05:58 PM »
I think TTTT's renewal is a surprise, but hooray for our side. I wonder if they're going to keep Anthony's mom.

weaklink75

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 02:25:46 PM »
I figured the Sunday shows would be picked up, but a little surprised on TTTT (though I enjoyed it)- The good thing is that it looks like they're keeping them as summer shows (though there has been some whispers that $100K Pyramid might be in the mix for a possible syndie run- apparently one of the main reasons Millionaire got another season was due to some renewals that end after the 16-17 season, so there would be slots available after that)

Bob Zager

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »
Last night, "Stu's Show" had Steve Beverly and Wesley Hyatt talking TV (game shows, political conventions, the Emmys, etc.)  During the broadcast there was a brief mention that Pyramid is being considered to be offered for the 2017-2018 season of syndicated shows as a possible replacement for WWTBAM, which is moving to Las Vegas and which all three gentlemen figure might very well be the last season for that show.

colonial

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 05:04:16 PM »
TTTT was the first series to show signs of life in that Tuesday at 10pm ET "death slot" for ABC in recent years, especially given the lack of a strong lead-in ("Uncle Buck" lost half its audience in the demo during its run).

I could see pairing "Truth" with "Match Game" next season, but I'd also go off the board and consider "Truth" for the post-"Bachelorette" slot on Monday nights if ABC opts to keep the other three shows together.

JD

TimK2003

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 09:44:18 PM »
Curious to see if any of these shows would be considered mid-season-replacement-show material.  And if so, which single show would you like to see return first?  For me, my first choice is Pyramid.

And I was fortunate to be a family member of Mr. Nielsen for a week in July, so I'm glad to see that my efforts  have helped the cause.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:20:59 PM by TimK2003 »