Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Next week's TV Guide cover  (Read 6854 times)

calliaume

Re: Next week's TV Guide cover
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 11:05:28 AM »
Today I learned that TV Guide is still a thing.

Today I learned that TV Guide costs $4.99. I got a copy with Strahan on the cover and read the article.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm paying with a subscription, but it's less than fifty cents an issue.
The current offer looks to be $16.50 for 48 weeks, 56 if you pay by credit card.

30¢/week isn't bad, but I have better things to put it towards.
Just for giggles, I looked up the subscription price from 40 years ago this week (I only have four back issues of TV Guide, but one of them is the Bicentennial issue - and who remembers when the Bicentennial was a thing?).

No subscription card left in the magazine, but the blurb at the bottom of the masthead had $9.50 for one year, which would have been less than 19 cents an issue.  You kids have it good by comparison.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 03:34:38 PM »
$4 frickin' 99? Sheesh.

Our public library gives us 65 different magazine subscriptions for free. TV Guide isn't one of them.

Interestingly, that is why I got into TVG collecting.  I found the library didn't subscribe, thus no back issues there.  That was 1974, when the mag had relevant content and local listings.   I have every issue since then stored at a climate controlled facility way cross town.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 07:33:36 PM »
You're right, I don't see TV Guide every day; in fact it has to have been a solid ten years since I have touched one. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe