Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: weirdest game show dream you've had while sleeping  (Read 13814 times)

GameShowGuru

Re: weirdest game show dream you've had while sleeping
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 12:32:56 AM »
(Repost from another thread, but fits the topic discussion, so I'll post it again here):

Back in May of 2013, I had the strangest dream that involved the Who What or Where Game:  I dreamed that my pastor was a contestant on the show, and in the final round, he made a 2:1 wager on a subject that I don't remember, much less the question involved.  I only know that the he got the question correct, and won $2,960 - I don't know if that was his total score or just what he won on the wager, but what made this dream so strange was that somehow I was the one writing him the check for the prize monies won, and I was trying to find the sheet that had his original wager written down to verify his total winnings, and I couldn't find it, so I was scrambling around the show's set trying to find this information, and I woke up before I could find it.

Strange dream, but it was cool dreaming about being involved with a lesser-known game show.

Mark McNeil

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2016, 01:10:16 AM »
This was back in the 70s when The Joker's Wild was still on CBS. I dreamed that, during the regular game, the contestant spun a natural triple. That, of course, would mean a $200 question. Jack, however, told the contestant that the question would only be for $150 because the picture on the third wheel looked slightly different from the pictures on the first two wheels. Hmm.  ???

geno57

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 03:15:32 PM »
I’ve posted this one here before, but it’s been several years, so here goes. I originally posted it within a few minutes of waking from the dream. I now call it “Match Game SteamPunk” ...

It was a very realistic dream — that I was in the audience for a taping of Match Game ‘7x. In the middle of the SuperMatch, that part of the set suddenly went dark, with an answer only partially revealed.  There was no Earl to slide it.  Gene asked for assistance from the audience, so I jumped over several rows of people, dashed to the back side of the set, and flung the doors open to reveal a hot furnace, into which the stagehands were furiously shoveling coal into the fire. Before long, the SuperMatch set was back in service, and all was well.

I don’t recall what I had eaten (or drank, maybe?), before having that dream. Pretty sure it was the only GS-related dream I’ve ever experienced.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 03:58:30 PM »
I've had two and I have no idea or explanation for them:

First time, I'm watching MG/HSQ Hour for the Supermatch.   I'm seeing celebs who never played the show like Redd Foxx in the corner where Bauman would sit.    Contestant calls on Dick Martin for $30K and its "Octopus's BLANK" and the contestant is excited because he figures the only answer is "Tentacles" but suddenly an over-enthused Dick Martin, on the same wavelength reveals his answer before the contestant can say it!    A horrible, deathly silence followed.

And another time, I'm watching Password Plus and Tony Randall during Alphabetics is giving weird clues in a nasal sounding voice that include "Richard", pause "Dawson's", "hobby".    I think I must have recently watched the Odd Couple episode where Dawson appears before that happened!     Funny thing is I could see Allen standing off to one side as it played out which you never saw when the show was on the air.

alfonzos

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 05:02:45 PM »
This bad dream will date me: I am a contestant on "Password" and my celebrity partner is Norm Crosby.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Fedya

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2016, 02:51:33 PM »
First time, I'm watching MG/HSQ Hour for the Supermatch.   I'm seeing celebs who never played the show like Redd Foxx in the corner where Bauman would sit.    Contestant calls on Dick Martin for $30K and its "Octopus's BLANK" and the contestant is excited because he figures the only answer is "Tentacles" but suddenly an over-enthused Dick Martin, on the same wavelength reveals his answer before the contestant can say it!    A horrible, deathly silence followed.
I'd like to be
Under the sea
In an octopus's garden in the shade....
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

jw2001

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2016, 09:26:22 PM »
A long time I once dreamt that I was watching an episode of Double Dare and a team wanted to take a physical challenge, but Marc told them they ran out!

Johnissoevil

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2016, 10:40:57 PM »
I'm going to plagiarize one of my own old ATGS posts, from 1999, word-for-word to tell you about mine, well, almost word for word, vulgarity used in original post censored here.  Involves a game show, its host, and two well known wrestling promoters, one of whom would be employed by the other three years later.

Originally posted to ATGS 9/12/99

This dream I had last night involves Vince McMahon, Eric Bischoff, Wink
Martindale, and TTD.  Charlie announced Wink as the host of TTD, like usual.
Wink didn't come out.  Charlie announced it about 4 or 5 times before Bischoff
strolled in sporting an nWo shirt (I know, kinda outdated).  Eric said that
Wink was nowhere to be found.  So they went on to gameplay as usual.  A new
champion was crowned, then the bonus round took place.  Eric said that he'd be
able to handle the bonus round better than Wink (yeah, bullsh**).  Eric kept
telling her what to pick, and she kept winding up with low amounts.  The dragon
showed up on her 4th pick, and Eric was laughing silently.  As soon as Eric got
back to the podium, Vince McMahon came out of the hallway that Wink and the
contestants always came out of and started beating the s*** out of Bischoff.
Wink came out and started clapping as Vince and Eric fought into the audience.
Charlie went on the mic and announced that TTD would return the next day due to
violence on the set.  This would never really happen in a million years (unless
Regis were to call Austin a phony on the air during a WWTBAM? taping  LOL).
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Jay Temple

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2016, 05:32:28 PM »
A toss-up, both very brief:
1) The Moore/Gargiola run of TTTT was on when I was in junior high. A girl I had a crush on was "Number 1." The next morning, I understood the meaning.
2) Watching Final Jeopardy, one player had a gun on the leader.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

14gameshows

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2016, 10:03:58 AM »
Last night I had a weird dream in where I was watching Blockbusters and there was a solo player who was ditzy as ditz can get.

Coming back from commercial break after the Family Pair won their Gold Run was this new challenger in the "SOLO" seat and they had begun Game 1 and the family pair had missed their question and by default the solo player had an opportunity to answer correctly. The solo player had NO IDEA what she was doing. She wasn't even listening to the question. She had the deer in headlights look. At this point I could hear the audience laughing in the background but immediately they settled down, Bill Cullen got very upset and asked her "What the hell are you doing on this show?" She still had the blank look on her face (staring at the game board mind you). Bill then goes to say "How did you get on this show again? You sure you shouldn't be on Password Plus or Wheel of Fortune? This is freaking ridiculous" At that point, you can hear Bob Hilton in the background laughing and telling Bill to calm down and they go to an unusual early commercial break.

Thunder

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2016, 12:51:10 AM »
I just noticed the redundancy in this thread's title.

BrandonFG

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2016, 01:39:07 AM »
Who doesn't have game show dreams while awake?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Unrealtor

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2016, 08:43:48 PM »
Who doesn't have game show dreams while awake?

I assume that it's meant to avoid posts like "I have a dream that one day CBS will bring back Card Sharks with a million-dollar prize on the Money Cards. In daytime."

(On the topic, the closest I've gotten is, the night after seeing a taping of The Price Is Right, having a dream that I was back in high school technical theater and I had one 45-minute class period to light CBS Studio 33.)
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

Thunder

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2016, 09:33:46 PM »
I assume that it's meant to avoid posts like "I have a dream that one day CBS will bring back Card Sharks with a million-dollar prize on the Money Cards. In daytime."

That would be way less embarrassing (and painful to read) than some of the things here under the "asleep" rule.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2016, 10:04:57 PM »
Just had one last night after seeing this thread yesterday.  I was watching an early episode of Wheel of Fortune, and the wheel was much smaller - maybe a few feet across, and the three contestants were seated around the wheel.  There was a white 'wall' about six inches high around the outside of the wheel, and each contestant had one or two wedges in front of them--regular cash wedges.  When they spun the wheel and called a letter in the puzzle, they were allowed to take one of the wedges in front of them and place it ON the wheel, changing the layout of the wheel for the rest of the round.

I have no idea how they earned the wedges, though.