Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Hosts who did cartoon voice work  (Read 18722 times)

davemackey

Game Show Hosts who did cartoon voice work
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2004, 11:15:04 AM »
The 1960's "Superman"/"Superboy cartoons were indeed produced by Filmation Studios, under the supervision of their longtime producers Norm Prescott and Lou Scheimer and director Hal Sutherland. Filmation also did similar series for Batman and Aquaman under the same DC Comics license. (Eventually, DC took the license to Hanna-Barbera, which premiered "Super Friends" in 1973.)

You are probably thinking of the 1960's Marvel Heroes cartoons, which were done by two separate units - one headed by Steve Krantz and Ralph Bakshi, the other by Bob Lawrence, Ray Patterson and Grant Simmons.

jalman

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2004, 02:15:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Starkman\' date=\'Jan 24 2004, 09:19 AM\']
Although I'm telling sucked eggs for 23 of it's 25 mins, it did Have one of the coolest kid's show endgames this side of the obstacle course. And Faso was not a BAD host, just a terrible show (hey it was NBC sat morning in the late 80s early 90s, you dont expect something good back then unless it was called saved by the bell, did ya ;) ) [/quote]
 C'mon, I was pretty pumped when ProStars and Captain N and "Super Mario Brothers 4" aired, but then I was too young to know what good animation was and I didn't start watching SBTB until it first reran on TBS.

Just how long did I'm Telling air on NBC, anyway?  I think they only produced a season's worth of shows, but aired reruns for a few years.

rugrats1

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2004, 05:53:01 PM »
Just how long did I'm Telling air on NBC, anyway? I think they only produced a season's worth of shows, but aired reruns for a few years.

It was only seen for one full season on NBC (including repeats), 9/12/1987 to 9/3/1988. Reruns were later seen in the early-1990s on The [ABC] Family Channel.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2004, 09:55:47 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Jan 24 2004, 10:15 AM\'] The 1960's "Superman"/"Superboy cartoons were indeed produced by Filmation Studios, under the supervision of their longtime producers Norm Prescott and Lou Scheimer and director Hal Sutherland. Filmation also did similar series for Batman and Aquaman under the same DC Comics license. (Eventually, DC took the license to Hanna-Barbera, which premiered "Super Friends" in 1973.)

You are probably thinking of the 1960's Marvel Heroes cartoons, which were done by two separate units - one headed by Steve Krantz and Ralph Bakshi, the other by Bob Lawrence, Ray Patterson and Grant Simmons. [/quote]
 But to add to the confusion, Filmation was able to license the Batman and Robin characters to produce a new version in the late 1970s (running as part of an hour with Tarzan, plus a lot of other incarnations)--and the show ran concurrently with SUPERFRIENDS (obviously on different networks).  At least here, Adam West and Burt Ward voiced the characters (Olan Soule and Casey Kasem doing the honors on SUPERFRIENDS).

Man, did I love those Marvel cartoons!  While I got the SPIDER-MAN tapes via E-Bay, the quality isn't the greatest.  I understand Canada's Teletoon network has shown these cartoons recently (in much cleaner quality).  ABC Family dusted off a few episodes last year, but the video quality was very disappointing.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

rugrats1

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2004, 12:55:47 AM »
I understand Canada's Teletoon network has shown these cartoons recently (in much cleaner quality). ABC Family dusted off a few episodes last year, but the video quality was very disappointing.

Which probably explains why the ABC Family episodes had one of those ABC "in color" intros before the 60s Spiderman.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2004, 10:54:15 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jan 24 2004, 09:55 PM\']But to add to the confusion, Filmation was able to license the Batman and Robin characters to produce a new version in the late 1970s (running as part of an hour with Tarzan, plus a lot of other incarnations)--and the show ran concurrently with SUPERFRIENDS (obviously on different networks).  At least here, Adam West and Burt Ward voiced the characters (Olan Soule and Casey Kasem doing the honors on SUPERFRIENDS).[/quote]
And, to add to the confusion, be it noted that Soule and Kasem had been the voices of the Dynamic Duo on the original Filmation series.