Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr 75th Anniversary of the TV Game Show marathon  (Read 3545 times)

snowpeck

Buzzr 75th Anniversary of the TV Game Show marathon
« on: June 30, 2016, 03:14:48 PM »
BUZZER to Host Special Salute to 75th Anniversary of the Television Game Show on July 1st
NETWORK TO OFFER THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE LOOK AT THE ENTERTAINING 75 YEAR HISTORY

On July 1st, 1941 the television landscape forever changed when the first TV game show hit the airwaves.  Truth or Consequences aired as a one-time experiment on New York station WNBT.   The show then did not appear on TV again until 1950, but the mark it left on the viewing audience paved the way for establishing a permanent presence for game shows on broadcast television.

The broadcast of Truth or Consequences inspired nearly eight decades of game show drama, excitement and entertainment.  Since its first broadcast, game shows have become a universally embraced form of entertainment throughout the globe.

BUZZR will be celebrating this historic day with a special programming marathon showcasing the game show magic of What’s My Line, I’ve Got A Secret and To Tell the Truth from the 50’s and 60’s.  The episodes will be aired in chronological order for 24 hours beginning at 6:00 AM ET on July 1st.

Quick Facts:

·       Friday, July 1st
·       6:00 AM – 6:00 AM ET
·       Programming to feature What’s My Line, I’ve Got A Secret, and To Tell The Truth
·       Episodes will be scheduled in chronological order
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

gamed121683

Re: Buzzr 75th Anniversary of the TV Game Show marathon
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 06:21:19 PM »
Nice to see that, even in 2016, we're still using Me & The Chimp (albeit subtly, in this case) as a punch line.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Re: Buzzr 75th Anniversary of the TV Game Show marathon
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 08:55:50 PM »
On July 1st, 1941 the television landscape forever changed when the first TV game show hit the airwaves.
I'm pretty sure this is right as far as America goes, but UKGameShows.com lists several shows airing on BBC Television in 1938-39, mostly one-offs.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...