Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Info on 500 Questions Season 2..  (Read 6934 times)

weaklink75

Info on 500 Questions Season 2..
« on: May 02, 2016, 12:37:59 PM »
http://tvline.com/2016/05/02/ken-jennings-500-questions-season-2-jeopardy-champ/

-Ken Jennings will play on the 2-hour premiere on the 26th

-All the eps will air from May 26th to June 1st (not every night in that span though)

-there is a two-minute speed round this season

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Info on 500 Questions Season 2..
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 02:07:14 PM »

-All the eps will air from May 26th to June 1st (not every night in that span though)

-there is a two-minute speed round this season

-they plan to ask *at least* 350 questions this time :D
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 10:20:26 PM »
Two hours for a game show...that oughta get them another 50 questions.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 10:21:56 PM »
http://tvline.com/2016/05/02/ken-jennings-500-questions-season-2-jeopardy-champ/

Assuming that the game format stays the same in that to take the podium you have to bump off the King/Queen of the Hill that's a mighty big spoiler.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 10:40:08 PM »

Assuming that the game format stays the same in that to take the podium you have to bump off the King/Queen of the Hill that's a mighty big spoiler.

What are you seeing that I'm not seeing? It doesn't say he's the only player, just that he will play.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 10:44:40 PM »
What are you seeing that I'm not seeing? It doesn't say he's the only player, just that he will play.
My reading of "will play" is that he's going to be the Reigning Monarch Atop the Hill, because why else would they bother to promote that because to me it seems like a bad idea to promote that Ken will be the Player Lurking In the Shadows if he doesn't get through. Given that, it means he has to bump someone off, ending that person's campaign to answer all 500 questions.

That's just my own darn opinion though and I could be reading between lines that are only six points tall.
Travis L. Eberle

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 12:02:42 AM »
My reading of "will play" is that he's going to be the Reigning Monarch Atop the Hill, because why else would they bother to promote that because to me it seems like a bad idea to promote that Ken will be the Player Lurking In the Shadows if he doesn't get through. Given that, it means he has to bump someone off, ending that person's campaign to answer all 500 questions.

Question: does the king of the hill come back from last season?
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Kevin Prather

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »

That's just my own darn opinion though and I could be reading between lines that are only six points tall.

It sounds like he's going to kick off the season premiere as King of the Hill. (Yes, to the chagrin of the holdover contestant from last season.)

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 01:12:22 PM »
Who knows? It has been a year, there any number of reasons the other player could be unavailable.

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 01:19:42 PM »
Seems odd to me that they wouldn't have found a way to wrap things up last summer, and build up to a conclusion. Perhaps they expected the show to return that fall or midseason?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 02:39:44 PM »
[It sounds like he's going to kick off the season premiere as King of the Hill. (Yes, to the chagrin of the holdover contestant from last season.)

Or perhaps that the holdover will have to defend his title against Ken. Great, he waits a year and finds out he's playing against the game show champ of the world.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 09:02:59 PM »
Great, he waits a year and finds out he's playing against the game show champ of the world.

The one who jobbed twice to Brad Rutter?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SuperSweeper

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 09:27:55 PM »
Or perhaps that the holdover will have to defend his title against Ken. Great, he waits a year and finds out he's playing against the game show champ of the world.

From what I've read, the holdover champion was not invited back at all.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 05:10:31 PM »
From what I've read, the holdover champion was not invited back at all.
Weak sauce! Super Millionaire managed to get that right.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 07:05:36 PM »
Great, he waits a year and finds out he's playing against the game show champ of the world.

The one who jobbed twice to Brad Rutter?

Yet Brad couldn't go on the road and perform as well.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022