Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC bringing back Match Game  (Read 94820 times)

David Levy

Re: ABC bringing back Match Game
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2016, 05:34:51 AM »
Per social media, yesterday's third taping included Sherri Shepherd and Joshua Malina.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2016, 04:05:31 PM »
*** NOT COPYING WHAT YOU SAID ***

So, you know that rule about spoilers that's at the top of the forums?  Yeah, they wrote that for you.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Neumms

« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2016, 04:54:36 PM »
Per social media, yesterday's third taping included Sherri Shepherd and Joshua Malina.

Geez, Malina's a good actor but he was horrendous on Bergeron Squares. They may as well have turned over a sign with the answer.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 05:08:11 PM by Neumms »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2016, 05:01:43 PM »
Frank announced that Sarah Palin will be on the last show being done today. "I can't believe she's doing this" he said. That makes two of us.

Sarah Palin is not so hard to figure out, and it has nothing to do with her ideology or her intelligence.  (Also, if the latter was a prerequisite for being a celebrity on Match Game, you'd be hard-pressed to fill six seats.) She likes being famous, and she especially likes not having to work very hard at it.  She's certainly far from unique in that regard, she simply came at it from an unusual angle.  Everything she's done since 2008 has been means to that end.  She probably won't be very good at Match Game just because that's not a world she inhabits.  She probably thinks she'll do well, though, and that's why she'll be fun to watch.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2016, 05:06:58 PM »
Geez, Malina's a good actor but he was horrendous on Bergeron Squares. They may as well have turned over a card with an answer.
1) We're talking what, 15 years ago, give or take? IMDb says October 1999...when he was on Sports Night. I imagine he was in one of the non-corner squares and didn't get called on a lot. If he did, he prolly played it straight instead of going with the zingers.
2) Hollywood SquaresMatch Game. They're two game shows with numerous celebrities, and they aired together in 1983. But that's about it.
3) He did all right on GSN Pyramid...that still doesn't have any bearing on how he'll do here.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Neumms

« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2016, 05:18:07 PM »
1) We're talking what, 15 years ago, give or take? IMDb says October 1999...when he was on Sports Night. I imagine he was in one of the non-corner squares and didn't get called on a lot. If he did, he prolly played it straight instead of going with the zingers.
2) Hollywood SquaresMatch Game. They're two game shows with numerous celebrities, and they aired together in 1983. But that's about it.
3) He did all right on GSN Pyramid...that still doesn't have any bearing on how he'll do here.

Straight as an arrow but true, 15 years is a long time. Maybe he's progressed from not doing a joke when they'd hand him one to coming up with quick, funny, off-the-wall ad-libs.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2016, 05:25:21 PM »
He's currently doing a podcast called West Wing Weekly where he and an uberfan analyze each episode of the series in order, starting with the first three seasons or so that he wasn't even in.  He's gotten progressively loose and more comfortable even in the first dozen or so shows.  Don't expect JB Smoove antics out of him, but he'll probably be fine.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2016, 08:29:26 PM »
Frank announced that Sarah Palin will be on the last show being done today. "I can't believe she's doing this" he said. That makes two of us.
Then don't go. If it trangresses against your sensibilities to see her on a panel the easy thing to do is to not see that episode because there's lots of other episodes to pick and you're in a position to do to. But please don't spoil results of what you've seen (in direct contravention of the rules that we've all signed on to in order to be here), because we're not in Show Summaries as the show has not aired yet.
Travis L. Eberle

SuperSweeper

« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2016, 09:37:53 PM »
Will we get a "I can see Alaska from my BLANK" question?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2016, 09:38:19 PM »
Only if Tina Fey is on the writing staff.
Travis L. Eberle

daveromanjr

« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2016, 10:37:43 PM »
I was able to see there tapings over the past two days. Having never seen a tv show tape before I will say the whole experience was surreal. I was suitably impressed and feel a lot of the old 70s version peeking through.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2016, 10:49:09 PM »
Anybody else catch the paper cup on top of the "M" in "GAME" after Alec enters?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Unrealtor

« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2016, 10:31:44 AM »
Anybody else catch the paper cup on top of the "M" in "GAME" after Alec enters?

Just rewatched the first few moments of my recording since I didn't catch it the first time and it was there before he entered, too.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2016, 10:53:15 AM »
Just rewatched the first few moments of my recording since I didn't catch it the first time and it was there before he entered, too.

Well yes. (Impressive that it stayed there through the logo moving.) It's just easier to see after the fact.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2016, 03:20:08 PM »
To those with access to Thursdays ratings:  How did the encore presentation of Match Game perform against the other Thursday Night offerings?