Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC bringing back Match Game  (Read 95678 times)

BrandonFG

Re: ABC bringing back Match Game
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 10:57:57 PM »
I can't argue too much with that , but the issue I see is that most of these people are Los Angeles-based, and I have a feeling they're not going to be bringing in too many L.A. people when they can use New York-based friends of Alec instead.
Haven't read the article, and I dunno if he's strictly NY based, but reading this, one of the first names that popped into my mind was Jack McBrayer, aka Kenneth the Page from 30 Rock.

I wouldn't be surprised if a couple supporting cast members (think Liz Lemon's writing staff) showed up to fill in one of the non-CNR/Brett/Dawson chairs.

ETA: also, Judah Friedlander, aka Frank

/Trucker hat and all
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

colonial

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 11:26:35 PM »
With Baldwin serving as an EP for the revival, I presume he'll have some say on panelists. It wouldn't surprise me to see SNL alums, ex-30 Rock co-stars, Broadway performers, ABC stars and celebs who share his political leanings (I can see a fair share of Trump questions on this show).

Over/under on Baldwin brothers as panelists? Maybe Billy since he still has a flicker of celeb left.

Only name I thought of as a potential panelist is Jesse Tyler Ferguson of "Modern Family". He's doing a Broadway show until the end of July, and I could see him fill the CNR role for at least one episode.

JD

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 12:08:01 AM »
(I can see a fair share of Trump questions on this show).

Seeing as Monica Lewinsky jokes every third question were a big part of the failure of the last revival attempt, I hope to Christ you're wrong about this.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 09:44:46 AM »
(I can see a fair share of Trump questions on this show).

Seeing as Monica Lewinsky jokes every third question were a big part of the failure of the last revival attempt, I hope to Christ you're wrong about this.

Have you heard of the Donald Trump wax job?  It strips the hair from everywhere but your <BLANK>.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2016, 01:10:44 PM »
Have you heard of the Donald Trump wax job?

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 01:13:35 AM »
I'm assuming you can't use photos of yourself from other appearances on shows, right?

Because I really only have one good waist-up shot of me, and that's it. (And I'd rather use it as a timesaving measure. Call me crazy if you must.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 01:17:23 AM »
Pay someone to be your friend for an hour and have them take some pictures of you.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 01:21:38 AM »
Pay someone to be your friend for an hour and have them take some pictures of you.

I might just do that. (Actually, I could get my brother to help me, he's a good photog. And he works for free, or I'll just take him to a Met game.)

I wonder if, now that I think about it, I could find a cheap portrait package in a store...probably won't go that far but I'm curious just the same.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 01:28:23 AM »
My question would be is whether the professional package like you'd line up for on picture day is that much better than the best photographer friend you have can do. Unless you're like me and living a reclusive life atop a mountain hill among trees and forest creatures you surely have someone in your life competent enough to do a reverse selfie for you.

/more and more days that's starting to sound really good.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 01:44:24 AM »
My question would be is whether the professional package like you'd line up for on picture day is that much better than the best photographer friend you have can do. Unless you're like me and living a reclusive life atop a mountain hill among trees and forest creatures you surely have someone in your life competent enough to do a reverse selfie for you.

/more and more days that's starting to sound really good.

True. Although I think I might need to come down to town once in awhile or I'd go stir crazy. :)

(White Mountains of New Hampshire are nice though)

MYosua

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2016, 08:35:12 PM »
The On Camera Audiences site lists Match Game as taping on June 15, 16, 29, and 30 at the W 66th Street studio.

BillCullen1

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2016, 11:45:29 AM »
I'm on the waiting list for tickets. It's taping at the same place where they did Strahan's Pyramid.

DoItRockapella

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2016, 05:05:50 PM »
I'm on the waiting list for tickets.

Ditto. I live in the Boston area, so getting to NYC isn't too big a challenge.

chad1m

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2016, 10:57:31 PM »
The first full promo for Match Game aired tonight:

BillCullen1

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2016, 02:26:30 PM »
Tickets are now being sent to those who signed up on the waiting list. Taping dates announced so far are June 15 and 16. My ticket is for the 16th at 10:30 am.