Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC bringing back Match Game  (Read 94821 times)

BillCullen1

Re: ABC bringing back Match Game
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 11:50:48 PM »
It seems that what's old is new again in the game show world. Since it's being done in NYC, I will try to get tickets for it, like I did for Pyramid. Just hoping it's not like MG '98.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 07:46:35 PM »
I am guessing steve harvey will be on the first panel.

aaron sica

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 09:25:05 PM »
It seems that what's old is new again in the game show world. Since it's being done in NYC, I will try to get tickets for it, like I did for Pyramid. Just hoping it's not like MG '98.

Yep, same here. Not a bad trip at all from South Central PA.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 08:17:35 PM »
Anybody hear anything about casting?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

chad1m

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 08:56:29 AM »
The link hasn't been announced publicly and the casting form isn't live as of this writing, but if you're interested in getting on Match Game, get yourself a headstart: http://castingmatchgame.com/

The same casting firm that did the new Pyramid is also doing the new Match Game. Taping starts June 13, two weeks before it premieres, and will go through early July. The top prize is currently advertised as $25,000.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 09:03:24 AM »
The top prize is currently advertised as $25,000.

Off-hand observation: That top prize doesn't lend itself well to being a result of "a lucky spin on our Star Wheel".
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

aaron sica

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 09:21:45 AM »
The same casting firm that did the new Pyramid is also doing the new Match Game. Taping starts June 13, two weeks before it premieres, and will go through early July. The top prize is currently advertised as $25,000.

I figured as much considering that it asks "Why do you love the game Pyramid and want to play?"?

PYLdude

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 09:17:22 PM »
The link hasn't been announced publicly and the casting form isn't live as of this writing, but if you're interested in getting on Match Game, get yourself a headstart: http://castingmatchgame.com/

Assuming that's why I couldn't get through without a password.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

chad1m

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 09:26:50 PM »
Assuming that's why I couldn't get through without a password.
Literally the first password I put in to see if it worked, thinking "there's no way this is the password," was in fact the password. The walls aren't hard to crack, but I'm sure it will be back up shortly.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2016, 09:50:35 PM »
Literally the first password I put in to see if it worked, thinking "there's no way this is the password," was in fact the password.

When San Jose Sharks tickets go on sale (single games, playoffs, whatever) and they have a presale, it might as well not be a presale because if you rank the players by scoring and start typing in last names, you're gonna find the password before you get to #6 on the list, every single time.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 10:25:59 PM »
I am completely crushed that "blank" was not the password.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 12:02:19 AM »
Literally the first password I put in to see if it worked, thinking "there's no way this is the password," was in fact the password.

When San Jose Sharks tickets go on sale (single games, playoffs, whatever) and they have a presale, it might as well not be a presale because if you rank the players by scoring and start typing in last names, you're gonna find the password before you get to #6 on the list, every single time.

That's...lacking creativity, to say the least.

PYLdude

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 09:08:44 PM »
Okay, so it works now. Awesome.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 10:27:59 PM »
Under height it goes all the way to eight feet-eleven, so if you're on the cusp of being the tallest person in human history they have you covered.
Travis L. Eberle

trainman

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 10:40:15 PM »
Clickbait article that may be the first of many: "The Perfect Panel for the New Match Game."

I'll save you the click: the writer's choices are Paul F. Tompkins, Jen Kirkman, Nathan Lane, Kate Micucci, Rich Sommer, and Chelsea Peretti, in that order. (If you do want to click, you'll find the writer's reasoning, and some alternate choices.)

I can't argue too much with that , but the issue I see is that most of these people are Los Angeles-based, and I have a feeling they're not going to be bringing in too many L.A. people when they can use New York-based friends of Alec instead.
trainman is a man of trains