Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need help with TJW  (Read 6166 times)

urbanpreppie05

Need help with TJW
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2004, 10:53:54 PM »
There's a big difference between doing a game show production to satisfy your ego and doing one right.

Kaiser does them to satisfy his ego.

I'm not easing up. I saw his crap in Cleveland two years ago. You wouldn't know the amount of bile I had to swallow for the sake of civility.

First, putting on any game show production is hard. Especially with a limited budget. How would I know? I did a mock-version of Family Feud in November for our University's Program Board. Was it like the TV show? No way. It was by all means, a disaster. But it was so successful and generated so much buzz that they asked me to do it again. And each time you do one, you learn new tricks to get it done better.
As for doing them for satisfying his ego? So what. Let him do what he wants. Just because it's not the way YOU think it should go doesn't make him wrong for doing a fun production.

Oh and look who came back: Tammy Warner. Boy in a censored forum you can talk, but when people bash your boy Steve Beverly in an uncensored forum, you run crying off. I still visit his site, and it still stinks to high heaven.

some people still don't like steve. But does she (or I) post to what they say? No. we leave it alone. And at least the posts here don't consist of sadistic, mean-spirited posts. Maybe that's why she and others came back.

That's another reason I left, the garbage fan boy element of fans is allowed to talk here with impunity and is coddled. I don't need to swear to get my point across anymore, but I went back and poked through a lot of topics. A lot of fanboy appeasement still exists.
So how exactly should all the fans be like...you? Get over yourself. We have fans from all ages here- ranging from the 60's to the early teens. We have men, women, straight, gay, from all parts of life, and we are all here to do one thing- talk about game shows. Just because Most of us don't think the way you do doesn't mean we shouldn't speak our minds. This isn't some elitist organization- it's about game shows.

Kaiser and his lunacy brought me out of retirement. It's a real shame to see what the game show community has turned into. Fanboys and chickens who leave when we ruffle the feathers of one of their friends. I'm going back into retirement. Yes, I know "Good go back, and stay there, we don't need you."

Bye Bye! and Don't let the door hit you where someone else should've.

"We now return to The Price is Right, already in Progress!"
insert signature here

ChuckNet

Need help with TJW
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2004, 11:15:24 PM »
There's a big difference between doing a game show production to satisfy your ego and doing one right.

Ego fix? So what do you call this one-man battle you've waged against him? And he's not "doing them right?" The productions, IMO, seem basic as far as aesthetics go, but are faithful replicas of their big-time TV counterparts, so I'd say he's certainly "doing them right".

When he actually gets one of his ideas to the pilot stage, let me know.

This is akin to the anti-Jason Block crowd trying to downplay his GS success by saying "he didn't cure cancer"...I doubt that Matt has any intention of taking his shows to the pilot stage, so why not just take them for what they are: homemade GS productions made for the entertainment of a select few?

Kaiser and his lunacy brought me out of retirement. It's a real shame to see what the game show community has turned into. Fanboys and chickens who leave when we ruffle the feathers of one of their friends. I'm going back into retirement. Yes, I know "Good go back, and stay there, we don't need you."

Yeah, we've got fanboys...so? I tolerate them just as I used to tolerate others back on ATGS before it became Harvey and Grant's personal playground. We've still got Curt, George, Mark J, the two Brandons, and other familiar faces, and they far outnumber the GSN board castaway-types by a longshot.

Oh, and you want lunacy? Why don't you peek into the wasteland formerly known as ATGS, where Harvey's prolly posting his millionth impersonation of you as I type this? I'll gladly take a board w/a few select fanboys over a troll-laden NG that requires constant killfile updates any day.

I like you, Chuck, but I'm standing by my defense of Matt and his productions. End of story.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 11:15:38 PM by ChuckNet »

J.R.

Need help with TJW
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2004, 11:47:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Sport6449\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 09:56 PM\'] Chuck
Now with 100% fewer obscenities [/quote]
 Damn
-Joe Raygor

dzinkin

Need help with TJW
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2004, 07:55:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 06:43 PM\'] When I did my first 'tape trade' with Matt, he added his version of 'Match Game' as a bonus. I thought it was a pretty good effort on the parts of Matt and his cohorts taking part. And to those 'naysayers,' who want to put down Matt's efforts, just wait til he does his homemade version of STUDS!*

(*To Matt: I'm only kidding!) [/quote]
Fair warning: if Matt *does* end up doing a homemade version of Studs, then I will roast him like there's no tomorrow, isolation booth or no isolation booth.

This warning has nothing to do with the merits (or lack thereof) of doing homemade game show productions... I am simply compelled to speak out against evil, and Studs qualifies. :-D

- David
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 07:56:23 AM by dzinkin »

dzinkin

Need help with TJW
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2004, 07:57:58 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 10:27 PM\'] [quote name=\'Sport6449\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 07:56 PM\'] There's a big difference between doing a game show production to satisfy your ego and doing one right.

[/quote]
Of course he does. What the hell is wrong with that? His time, his money, his tape. I do a lot of things to assuage my ego, too. So do you. [/quote]
 Frankly, Chris, I'm kinda surprised that you haven't done a homemade version of Ready... Set... Cook. :-D

- David

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Need help with TJW
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2004, 11:34:38 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 05:57 AM\'] Frankly, Chris, I'm kinda surprised that you haven't done a homemade version of Ready... Set... Cook. :-D
 [/quote]
 A friend of mine actually wants me to film him for editing into Battle Milk on Iron Chef, as he scrupulously prepares a bowl of cereal. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GS Warehouse

Need help with TJW
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2004, 12:56:48 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 11:34 AM\'] A friend of mine actually wants me to film him for editing into Battle Milk on Iron Chef, as he scrupulously prepares a bowl of cereal. :) [/quote]
 Amateur.  I have a Foreman grill.  Let's see who on this group makes the best hamburgers.

Winkfan

Need help with TJW
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2004, 05:22:39 PM »
Fair warning: if Matt *does* end up doing a homemade version of Studs, then I will roast him like there's no tomorrow, isolation booth or no isolation booth.

This warning has nothing to do with the merits (or lack thereof) of doing homemade game show productions... I am simply compelled to speak out against evil, and Studs qualifies. :-D
('Marge/Lisa Simpson groan')

Come now, David; CAN'T YOU TAKE A SIMPLE JOKE? But at least you agree with me on STUDS!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Nancy Dussaut of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:05:35 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Need help with TJW
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2004, 05:40:10 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 12:56 PM\']Amateur.  I have a Foreman grill.  Let's see who on this group makes the best hamburgers.[/quote]
That would be me.  Instead of ketchup or tomato, I top it with the family's homemade salsa recipe.  It gives victory by default.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

dzinkin

Need help with TJW
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2004, 05:48:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 05:22 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 04:55 AM\'] Fair warning: if Matt *does* end up doing a homemade version of Studs, then I will roast him like there's no tomorrow, isolation booth or no isolation booth.

This warning has nothing to do with the merits (or lack thereof) of doing homemade game show productions... I am simply compelled to speak out against evil, and Studs qualifies. :-D [/quote]
('Marge/Lisa Simpson groan')

Come now, David; CAN'T YOU TAKE A SIMPLE JOKE? But at least you agree with me on STUDS!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Nancy Dussaut of the Big Board!' [/quote]
 Of course I can take a joke, Tammy... and Matt's too smart to try to revive that show anyway.

Which isn't to say that some others here haven't missed the requisite number of Clueville shuttles; after all, I still recall getting serious responses to my contestant calls for 'Net Match Game 98 *and* The Zooventure-Everything Goes Hour.

- David

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Need help with TJW
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2004, 05:50:50 PM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 03:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 12:56 PM\']Amateur.  I have a Foreman grill.  Let's see who on this group makes the best hamburgers.[/quote]
That would be me.  Instead of ketchup or tomato, I top it with the family's homemade salsa recipe.  It gives victory by default. [/quote]
Oh, I dunno. Mine get a decent addition of Worcheshire (sp?) sauce and an hour or so to let it marry in before I make the patties.

Form the patties loosely, never squeeze. That way the juice has somewhere to stay inside the burger.

Then, while they are grilling, I'm sauteeing up a mixture of mushrooms and chopped garlic in some butter.

Burgers come out, topped with mushroom mixture, and then a slice of Swiss cheese is melted over the top. Place on a proper bun...no other condiments are necessary.

ObGameShow: Justin Wilson used to do stuff like this as the Expanded Lower Left Corner on the John Davidson Hollywood Squares... :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 05:52:47 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PeterMarshallFan

Need help with TJW
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2004, 07:14:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Sport6449\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 10:56 PM\'] There's a big difference between doing a game show production to satisfy your ego and doing one right.

Kaiser does them to satisfy his ego. [/quote]
 So what if he does them to satisfy his ego? He wants to have fun doing it; so let him.

When he actually gets one of his ideas to the pilot stage, let me know.

I assume you're comparing him to John Ricci, in which case I say apples and oranges. Matt's a fan who likes to put together his own versions of classic game shows, and John's a professional who got an original concept of his to pilot. Of course John's will look better, because they're produced for eventual airing on television. Matt's productions are a hobby of his that he does for his personal enjoyment and the enjoyment of those he tape trades his shows with.

I'm not easing up. I saw his crap in Cleveland two years ago. You wouldn't know the amount of bile I had to swallow for the sake of civility.

When I produce crap, it usually has all my bile in it.... :-)

Oh and look who came back: Tammy Warner. Boy in a censored forum you can talk, but when people bash your boy Steve Beverly in an uncensored forum, you run crying off. I still visit his site, and it still stinks to high heaven.

I'd advise you that picking fights with someone who did nothing to you [which you have done twice, first to Matt and then to Tammy] is a good way to end up back on ATGS with Harvey & Grant force-feeding you the entire run of TTD90 over and over.

I've had choice words for the Prof in the past, but overall he does what he does fairly well.

That's another reason I left, the garbage fan boy element of fans is allowed to talk here with impunity and is coddled. I don't need to swear to get my point across anymore, but I went back and poked through a lot of topics. A lot of fanboy appeasement still exists.

Huh? You get this from Matt asking if anyone is interested in participating in TJW and the Way Out Games fanatic? Wow.

I'll be honest here----goodbye and good riddance. Have fun playing in Grant's sandbox again.

ChuckNet

Need help with TJW
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2004, 10:32:44 PM »
I assume you're comparing him to John Ricci, in which case I say apples and oranges.

Do you really think it's fair to make Chuck listen to that song no matter what he's done? :-)

Matt's a fan who likes to put together his own versions of classic game shows, and John's a professional who got an original concept of his to pilot. Of course John's will look better, because they're produced for eventual airing on television. Matt's productions are a hobby of his that he does for his personal enjoyment and the enjoyment of those he tape trades his shows with.

Exactly...although fun to watch, I doubt John would ever use his All-Star FF or Body Language home-produced games when trying to impress network execs.

I'd advise you that picking fights with someone who did nothing to you [which you have done twice, first to Matt and then to Tammy] is a good way to end up back on ATGS with Harvey & Grant force-feeding you the entire run of TTD90 over and over.

And believe me, you don't want Harvey or Grant force-feeding you anything, LOL...but I digress...it may be less volatile than it was back on ATGS, but Beverly still takes a good deal of criticism over here, yet I haven't seen Tammy threaten to leave in the whole time the board's been around.

I'll be honest here----goodbye and good riddance. Have fun playing in Grant's sandbox again.

Again Chuck, I like you no less than I ever have, but if you're just coming out of retirement to pick up where you left off on ATGS, I'm telling you as a friend that it's not something we need around here.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")