Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need help with TJW  (Read 6170 times)

whewfan

Need help with TJW
« on: January 19, 2004, 07:00:16 PM »
As I posted before, I am planning a production of The Joker's Wild , and I MIGHT have an opportunity to do the show in a closed circuit TV studio. Details need to be hammered out, but I do need help.

Is anyone close to the Maryland area (driving distance) interested in being a contestant? I may only be able to do a single half hour show (maybe more than one show, but that's not my call) but I figured only those that lived nearby should apply, as it wouldn't be worth the airfare to only do a half hour game show.  

Aaron Sica, Andrew Kudey, Eileen Brown and Bob Staub are the only people I know offhand who are closest to where I live, so if you are interested, please email me at mkaiser@cavtel.net.

zachhoran

Need help with TJW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 07:43:45 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 07:00 PM\'] As I posted before, I am planning a production of The Joker's Wild , and I MIGHT have an opportunity to do the show in a closed circuit TV studio. Details need to be hammered out, but I do need help.

Is anyone close to the Maryland area (driving distance) interested in being a contestant? I may only be able to do a single half hour show (maybe more than one show, but that's not my call) but I figured only those that lived nearby should apply, as it wouldn't be worth the airfare to only do a half hour game show.  

Aaron Sica, Andrew Kudey, Eileen Brown and Bob Staub are the only people I know offhand who are closest to where I live, so if you are interested, please email me at mkaiser@cavtel.net. [/quote]
 I can be the joker that pops up in the windows for a mere pittance :)

Rastaub

Need help with TJW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 09:01:07 PM »
As I mentioned in email, I would be happy to lend a hand in any way you need, as a contestant or otherwise.

Sport6449

Need help with TJW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 09:36:32 PM »
I'm sorry:

I'm coming out of hibernation for this one.

Kaiser you already disgraced Whew and Match Game, I beg you, don't do the same to TJW. You are one of the reason I stopped posting around here. I'm just tired of people constantly kissing your butt for your lousy productions. I've seen better productions at third-grade class plays.

Aaron Sica: I consider you a friend and as your friend I'm advising you not to have anything to do with this. Please. It's not a demand, I'm asking this as your friend.

Kaiser, time to exit fantasy land and join the real world. I grew up and got a real job. You're five years older than me. I think it's time for you to do the same.

I can smell the censors coming after this one right now. Well go right ahead and send me off. I'm stating my piece. So be it.

Chuck
Yes, that Chuck.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Need help with TJW
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 09:59:52 PM »
Wow. I forgot how much I missed Chuck.

Well, no, I didn't.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChuckNet

Need help with TJW
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 10:00:07 PM »
Kaiser you already disgraced Whew and Match Game, I beg you, don't do the same to TJW. You are one of the reason I stopped posting around here. I'm just tired of people constantly kissing your butt for your lousy productions. I've seen better productions at third-grade class plays.

Chuck, with all due respect, have you ever even seen his production of Whew? Having done some productions of my own in college, I know firsthand the headaches and hassles that go with putting these kind of shows together, and from that standpoint, I think Matt did a damn good job. And I'm also in talks to assist Matt for his upcoming TJW production in some way. No ass-kissing whatsoever, just a friend helping another friend/fellow GS fan...this is about as much ass-kissing as a former ATGS troll once accused us of exhibiting towards another regular to this board a coupla yrs back.

And let me get this straight...you stopped posting here over a coupla measly threads over Kaiser's homemade productions? Come on...if it were Zinkin who wanted to stage his own version of W!, I'm sure your response would be "OK, as long as you give some mention of Randy at the end" (And FWIW, Matt did indeed dedicate his production to our dearly departed friend).

Why should Aaron have nothing to do w/this, BTW? If neither he nor anyone else (myself included) is backing you on your position, maybe it should tell you something...I don't know if you're genuinely opposed to this, or just using it as a method of channelling your frustrations over some personal prob you might be having...if it's the latter, I feel for ya and know exactly where you're coming from, but I don't see how taking it out on Matt is the way to resolve it.

Now it's my turn to say something to you as a friend: Let it go. Is it really worth taking a stance like this over something as trivial as a homemade GS production? I can almost guarantee that you'll be flying solo on this one, so as Allen Ludden used to say, "Think about it."

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Brandon Brooks

Need help with TJW
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 10:17:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Sport6449\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 09:36 PM\'] I can smell the censors coming after this one right now. Well go right ahead and send me off. I'm stating my piece. So be it. [/quote]
 Chuck, I like you and all, but if this is what you come out of hiding for, please stay hidden.

Brandon Brooks

J.R.

Need help with TJW
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 10:20:45 PM »
Let me go On The Record here and say that I myself OWN a copy of Matt Kaiser's Whew! Production and it is one of the best homemade things I've ever seen.

Gibson, lets be sensible here. Matt can't rent space at Televsion City nor does he have the budget to build a full set with bells and whistles and award real cash prizes. Matt does best and what he can do and he can do it well.

If I was in the area I would most certainly come to Matt and assist in his TJW production. He's a good person and a friend.

Aaron, not only would I recoment you attend Mats TJW production but I think you should send Gibson a copy afterwards !

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

TheInquisitiveOne

Need help with TJW
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 01:01:28 AM »
I apologize for not being able to make it for your production (Gary, Indiana, is a pretty long way from Maryland), but I do wish you well in your efforts.

I also do game show productions at my university, and I know how stressful that can be...finding contestants, making sure the set design goes right, finding the right theme music, checking on audio/visual, etc. So keep it up, and you will get your much deserved following.

Well wishes,

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

Robert Hutchinson

Need help with TJW
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2004, 02:42:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Sport6449\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 09:36 PM\']I grew up and got a real job.[/quote]
I got one of those, too.

Not all it's cracked up to be, turns out.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

PeterMarshallFan

Need help with TJW
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2004, 05:17:15 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 11:00 PM\'] <big, yet correct post snipped> [/quote]
 Well said, Chuck D. I've done a couple of homemade productions myself, and they couldn't hold a candle to Matt's.

Chuck G: geez, cool it. So he wants to make an ep of TJW? Big deal.

ChuckNet

Need help with TJW
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2004, 06:14:43 PM »
Well said, Chuck D. I've done a couple of homemade productions myself, and they couldn't hold a candle to Matt's.

Thanks. :-) And looking back, compared to the stuff I've put together, Matt's latest productions have been Emmy-worthy...LOL

Chuck G: geez, cool it. So he wants to make an ep of TJW? Big deal.

Exactly...I don't recall John Ricci getting any pleas not to do his homemade All-Star FF and Body Language shows, or told that they were "embarassments". Besides, Chuck himself told me that he thought Matt's 2nd MG production "really wasn't that bad"...why the sudden 180, I have no clue.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Winkfan

Need help with TJW
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2004, 06:43:48 PM »
When I did my first 'tape trade' with Matt, he added his version of 'Match Game' as a bonus. I thought it was a pretty good effort on the parts of Matt and his cohorts taking part. And to those 'naysayers,' who want to put down Matt's efforts, just wait til he does his homemade version of STUDS!*

(*To Matt: I'm only kidding!)

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Nancy Dussaut of the Big Board!'
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Sport6449

Need help with TJW
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2004, 09:56:20 PM »
There's a big difference between doing a game show production to satisfy your ego and doing one right.

Kaiser does them to satisfy his ego.

When he actually gets one of his ideas to the pilot stage, let me know.

I'm not easing up. I saw his crap in Cleveland two years ago. You wouldn't know the amount of bile I had to swallow for the sake of civility.

Oh and look who came back: Tammy Warner. Boy in a censored forum you can talk, but when people bash your boy Steve Beverly in an uncensored forum, you run crying off. I still visit his site, and it still stinks to high heaven.

That's another reason I left, the garbage fan boy element of fans is allowed to talk here with impunity and is coddled. I don't need to swear to get my point across anymore, but I went back and poked through a lot of topics. A lot of fanboy appeasement still exists.

Kaiser and his lunacy brought me out of retirement. It's a real shame to see what the game show community has turned into. Fanboys and chickens who leave when we ruffle the feathers of one of their friends. I'm going back into retirement. Yes, I know "Good go back, and stay there, we don't need you."

With Pleasure!

Chuck
Now with 100% fewer obscenities
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 10:02:53 PM by Sport6449 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Need help with TJW
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2004, 10:27:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Sport6449\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 07:56 PM\'] There's a big difference between doing a game show production to satisfy your ego and doing one right.

Kaiser does them to satisfy his ego.
 [/quote]
 Of course he does. What the hell is wrong with that? His time, his money, his tape. I do a lot of things to assuage my ego, too. So do you.
I'm going back into retirement. Yes, I know "Good go back, and stay there, we don't need you."
Wise move. If you didn't, I'm quite sure you'd be directed to the door presently anyhow.

Give Harvey our best.
Now with 100% fewer obscenities
And yet, still the same ol' crap.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe