Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recently created GS format...  (Read 2050 times)

whampyl03

Recently created GS format...
« on: January 19, 2004, 04:09:09 AM »
Name: QUICK!

Gameplay: (Front)

2 teams consisting of 2 civilians play.

The game starts by the champions team selecting a category from the category board (Ex. State Capitals, Presidents, Geography, Exc.) where 8 categories consisting of 4 questions will be displayed.  After the category selection,  the players will decide who will give, and who will receive.  The host will announce to the “Receiver” how all questions in that category will be given to the “Giver“.  (Ex: In the category of State Capitals, all questions will be phrased “The capital of [state name] is [answer].”) When the host gives the command of “Go”, the “Giver” will receive the question (Ex. The capital of ALASKA is what?) and must shout out the answer, and only the answer (Ex. JUNEAU!).  It is the responsibility of the “Receiver” (who doesn't know what question has been asked of the “Giver”.) to shout back the question in full format. (Ex. The capital of ALASKA is JUNEAU!)

So when this is all compiled together, it should look something like this...

“Giver” receives question...

“Giver” shouts answer to question...

“Receiver” receives answer from giver...

“Receiver” shouts full format of the question back to giver... (The capital of ALASKA is JUNEAU!)

(Repeat 3 more times)...

The team will have only :10 seconds to go through this process per question.  A correct question/answer/question-answer-shout-back will give the team $20 and $1 for every second remaining on the clock for that question (Ex. :03 left on the clock for the question = +$3.).  If there is any incorrectness in this entire process, $10 is deducted from the team’s score.  The giver can pass on any question; However, $1 will be deducted  for every second elapsed, (Ex. :03 = -$3.) and the team will not go back to that question.  Of the 8 categories, 2 of them are “Power Play” categories, where a correct question/answer/question-answer-shout-back will give the team $50 and $20 for every second remaining on the clock for that question. No money will be deducted for passes or incorrectness.

After the entire process is completed, the category is eliminated from the board, and the other team gives it a shot.

After 4 rounds, the team with the most money will receive a $1,000 bonus to there score, and go the bonus game.  The losing team will receive the money won (If total is lower than $100.00, It will be bumped to up to that amount.) as well as some lovely parting gifts, and a copy of the home-game.

In the event of a tie, a 2 category playoff will be played with no "Power Play Categories".  The Challengers have the option of selecting the category first or taking what's left from the champions.  Same rules apply in the main game, A correct question/answer/question-answer-shout-back will give the team $20 and $1 for every second remaining on the clock for that question.  If there is any incorrectness in this entire process, $10 is deducted from the team’s score.  The giver can pass on any question; However, $1 will be deducted  for every second elapsed, (:03 = $3.) and the team will not go back to that question.  If the score after the tiebreaker is still tied, this process is repeated. (Until a champion can be crowned.)

(NOTE: Each player for each team must have “Giving” responsibilities at least twice during the main game.)

(NOTE #2: In the event of having to start the main game without a champion, a coin will be flipped to determine who goes first.)

Gameplay: (Bonus Game) The QUICK! Question BLITZ!

In the bonus game, the team will first choose a category to play the bonus game from 4 randomly selected categories.  

Next, they will recieve the correct phrasing of all the questions in the category selected. (The whole “The capital of [state name] is [answer].” thing.)

Following that, the team will have 2:00 minutes to get through 12 questions on the category selected, alternating “Giver” and “Receiver” responsibilities every question (One player gives for odd numbered questions, one for even numbered questions).  $1,000 will be awarded for every correct question/answer/question-answer-shout-back.  Running the board (12 correct question/answer/question-answer-shout-backs) will win the team an additional $38,000 bonus for a total of $50,000.  Any incorrectness will award no money, and a pass will award no money.  In both scenarios (or if 2:00 minute time period elapses), the team will not go back to the passed or incorrect question, relinquishing the possible $38,000 bonus.

After the bonus game, The champion team plays the main game again against a new challenging team, attempting to defending there championship.  

Teams can be champions up to 10 times.  After the 10th bonus game played, they retire with there winnings, and receive a plaque of some sort.

That’s it.

I know that there are errors & flaws-a-plenty, but I think the format is OK... What about you?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 05:37:28 AM by whampyl03 »

1978-Jeopardy

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 07:24:31 AM »
It's ok, quite Bob Stewart-ish though.

How about the receiver answering the full question:

Giver: The square root of 1024 is...
Receiver:  The square root of 1024 is 32!
(correct)

Shortening the rounds to two or three wouldn't hurt either. The format, because it is a faced paced game, leaves plenty of room for bloopers. It could be worked with.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 08:21:55 AM »
I would prefer a proposal for "The Happy Birthday Game."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 08:28:27 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 08:21 AM\'] I would prefer a proposal for "The Happy Birthday Game." [/quote]
 Maybe Wolpert could make a whole show out of the Birthday Party bonus round on SHopping Spree LOL. Though the basic premise of 1963's Dick Clark-hosted The Object Is had contestants guessing the identity of a famous person based on items associated with them, and the Birthday Party round on Spree had players matching the item to the celebrity.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 11:48:35 AM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 02:09 AM\'] When the host gives the command of “Go”, the “Giver” will receive the question (Ex. The capital of ALASKA is what?) and must shout out the answer, and only the answer (Ex. JUNEAU!).  It is the responsibility of the “Receiver” (who doesn't know what question has been asked of the “Giver”.) to shout back the question in full format. (Ex. The capital of ALASKA is JUNEAU!)
 [/quote]
 This reminds me a lot of the format of The $10,000 Sweep, except with no actual giving of clues to make it interesting. Plus I think Merv Griffin would be up yer butt to sue you in seconds.

This would be a train crash AND a yawnfest if Giver doesn't know the right answer to a question.

Your scoring system is way too complicated, and horribly unbalanced...if one team gets both Power Plays and sweeps 'em, you might as well throw in the cards right there.
In the bonus game, the team will first choose a category to play the bonus game from 4 randomly selected categories.
Why bother? See Tune Topics.

12 answers for a $38,000 bonus? You sound like Regis. And you put no thought into this at all. "Let's do more of the same for the bonus round. Pass the blunt, yo."
I know that there are errors & flaws-a-plenty
Yes. Then you shouldn't have submitted it.
but I think the format is OK... What about you?
I think it's a lawsuit waiting to happen, and a whole lot of fluff for not much game.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

whampyl03

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 05:11:57 PM »
Plus I think Merv Griffin would be up yer butt to sue you in seconds.

Chris, exactly why would Merv be "up my butt to sue me in seconds"?  I know the game has shades of Jeopardy!, but it's not a full-blown copy.  And I see no resemblance to this game and Wheel, nor to any other of Merv's formats that I can think of.  Exactly what would instigate a lawsuit here?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 05:19:23 PM by whampyl03 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 05:42:10 PM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 03:11 PM\']
Plus I think Merv Griffin would be up yer butt to sue you in seconds.

Chris, exactly why would Merv be "up my butt to sue me in seconds"?  I know the game has shades of Jeopardy!, but it's not a full-blown copy.  And I see no resemblance to this game and Wheel, nor to any other of Merv's formats that I can think of.  Exactly what would instigate a lawsuit here? [/quote]
 The "receiver" has to discern a question based on a given answer. 'Nuff said.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 10:45:29 AM »
There is a kernel of a workable concept here.

Forget about fully-formed questions. Given the category, giver sees answer #1, communicates answer #2 to his partner; partner gives back answer #1:

STATE CAPITOLS

"A" sees "Juneau"

"A" says "Alaska"

"B" says "Juneau"

This requires both players to know the answer to the same fundamental question.

The big challenge is whether there is enough paired material to support 13/26/39 or however many weeks of shows without repeating any questions. Try writing 50 categories to see if there is.

The rest of it would have to be reworked.

Forget about Merv. He no longer owns Jeopardy! and there is no resemblance to it here anyway.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 10:51:10 AM by chris319 »

SplitSecond

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 10:52:44 AM »
Forget about fully-formed questions. Given the category, giver sees answer #1, communicates answer #2 to his partner; partner gives back answer #1

Whichever team does this successfully more often in three rounds of play goes on to the Winner's Circle to try for $10,000.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 03:35:30 AM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 07:52 AM\']
Forget about fully-formed questions. Given the category, giver sees answer #1, communicates answer #2 to his partner; partner gives back answer #1

Whichever team does this successfully more often in three rounds of play goes on to the Winner's Circle to try for $10,000. [/quote]
 No, they try for two hundred, five hundred, nine hundred, seven hundred, how much does that come out to?