Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR Game Show Host Bracket  (Read 39921 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: BUZZR Game Show Host Bracket
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2016, 05:41:52 PM »
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I want them to feel welcome to express it in the face of opposition, so here's my challenge to them: (and the point about what BUZZR has to air is a great one)

Watch an episode or three of Bill Cullen substitute hosting Password Plus, and however much you can stand of Bert Convy hosting Super Password, then report your thoughts. I cannot imagine that he goes from Tattletales on Friday to Super Password on Monday, other than the fact that Coolio wasn't answering his phone. Other than Super Password Bert's hosting jobs are all fluffy and unserious endeavors.
Travis L. Eberle

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2016, 09:20:46 PM »
OK, back to the original question.  Who did win, anyway?

They start the elite 8 tonight with Bert Convy over Bill Cullen.

Actually, it's Hall vs. Ludden tonight.  The P+ eps are from the Valentine's Day marathon (2/5/79 and 2/6/79), and I have no clue whether the LMAD eps were new to the net or not.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Sodboy13

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2016, 11:25:25 PM »
Watching Super Password a bit, I'm struck by how proper and streamlined the set is, and how that contrasts with everyone on it having seemingly wandered on and deciding, "Oh, hey, let's play a game, I guess." Yes, Password is a parlor game, and Password Plus definitely has a casual feel; but something about Super Password crosses over from casual to sloppy, at least in my opinion. How much that has to do with the hosts of each, I honestly don't know.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2016, 11:47:10 PM »
I know there's already a homework assignment out there about every illegal clue in the history of the End Game, but I think it would be more interesting to group Bert's errors (mechanical stuff is random and not Bert's fault) according to when in the game it happened. If Bert gives away the password or puzzle solution when it's the first quarter that's not terrible, but if there's forty grand in the jackpot and he bloops it in the $300 or $400 puzzle that's a different deal.
Travis L. Eberle

Sodboy13

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2016, 12:20:15 AM »
Buzzr just got back to the start of John Goss' run this past Sunday, and they're showing the episodes immediately after his run tonight for the Brackets. Guess that means new $OTC coming through in a few Sundays' time.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2016, 01:12:09 AM »
Gene Rayburn wins the inaugural Buzzr Brackets.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Sodboy13

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2016, 01:56:40 PM »
And now for the traditional victory montage, played over "One Blanking Moment."

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2016, 01:59:41 PM »

I'd watch that if only out of sheer morbid curiosity. ;-)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2016, 03:42:52 PM »

"The card is flipped..."

Bobby B.

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2016, 12:30:06 PM »

"The card is flipped..."

"...and there you are
You've waited all your life
Just to match the stars..."

BrandonFG

« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2016, 12:49:24 PM »
I've gotten a good laugh out of the "One Blanking Moment" responses...well played guys. :D
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!