Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR Game Show Host Bracket  (Read 39941 times)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Re: BUZZR Game Show Host Bracket
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2016, 02:24:33 PM »
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2016, 02:53:50 PM »
I have a better idea about what the Mariners will do than what several hundred game shoe fans will do.

Same thing Kane does when he fires off his pyro before his match?
Well spotted. Points.
Travis L. Eberle

snowpeck

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2016, 02:57:49 PM »

March Madness is upon us and BUZZR wants in the game!  The network is home to the most iconic game show hosts in history, and to celebrate March Madness they will be holding their own tournament of champions – BUZZR Brackets.  Highlighting the most recognizable and cherished game show hosts throughout history, BUZZR talent has the uncanny ability to make deals, wrangle unruly celebrities and create catch phrases that become part of the American lexicon – “Survey Says!”
Beginning Tuesday, March 22nd, viewers will have the opportunity to cheer on the top 16 BUZZR game show hosts as they go head-to-head in the BUZZR Brackets tournament.  Who’s got better game? Can Joe Garagiola’s contagious laugh triumph over Monty Hall’s matchmaking? Viewers can head to http://buzzrplay.com/files/uploads/_BUZZR_Bracket.png to download their very own BUZZR Bracket and set their picks.
The tournament line-up includes:
·       Let’s Make A Deal – Monty Hall

·       He Said, She Said – Joe Garagiola

·       Password Plus – Allen Ludden

·       Super Password – Bert Convy and special guest host Pat Sajak

·       Tattletales – Bob Barker

·       Card Sharks – Jim Perry, Bob Eubanks

·       Family Feud – Richard Dawson, Ray Combs

·       Match Game – Gene Rayburn

·       Press Your Luck – Peter Tomarken

·       Body Language – Tom Kennedy

·       Now You See It – Jack Narz

·       Double Dare – Alex Trebek

·       Blockbusters – Bill Cullen

The tournament tips off at 8:00pm ET on Tuesday, March 22nd with continued coverage each weeknight. The competition wraps up when the two final hosts battle it out on Sunday, April 3rd at 8:00pm ET. Leading up to the finals, BUZZR will host a 14-hour marathon beginning at 6:00am ET on Sunday, April 3rd, recapping the various match-ups throughout the week.

Which host will make it to the championship, and who will witness an upset? Tune in to find out!
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2016, 05:48:39 PM »
That you read even this much into my comment cements my belief even further.
What belief? That Tomarken will make it to the end? The point I'm making is that pitted against Gene right at the start, I don't think he gets out of first round. Big deal that years ago when Connolly used to do that GS March Madness there was a PYL-Price championship. Means nothing now. Couple it with a certain best selling book right now, I really think I'm in the minority going for Peter right from the start.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

alfonzos

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2016, 08:00:41 PM »
What kind of animal would have me choose a favorite Narz brother? The bracket fail without Dennis James anyway.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

BrandonFG

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2016, 09:01:56 PM »
I'm guessing Dennis is missing for the same reason as Wink: they don't have any of his shows.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jimlangefan

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 12:38:15 AM »
I'm guessing Dennis is missing for the same reason as Wink: they don't have any of his shows.

The Name's The Same would like a word with you.
TV's Big Dealer

BrandonFG

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 12:57:42 AM »
I stand corrected. But does that get as much exposure as say, Now You See It?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jimlangefan

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2016, 03:09:50 AM »
I stand corrected. But does that get as much exposure as say, Now You See It?

Highly doubt it.  Outside of Price, The Name's The Same is all they could really do for Dennis.  Unless Fremantle happens to have the week he subbed for Monty on Let's Make A Deal, but I highly doubt that.
TV's Big Dealer

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2016, 03:16:17 AM »
So you say "The Name's the Same!" as to the answer of why they don't have any of his shows, but that it would be (far, far) less well known that "Now You See It". That's why Dennis James isn't in the bracket, Mother.
Travis L. Eberle

aaron sica

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2016, 08:09:40 AM »
That's why Dennis James isn't in the bracket, Mother.

Okay.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2016, 04:32:15 PM »
So you say "The Name's the Same!" as to the answer of why they don't have any of his shows, but that it would be (far, far) less well known that "Now You See It". That's why Dennis James isn't in the bracket, Mother.
I mean it isn't only that, Dennis James' stuff hasn't been rerun much of anywhere ever. I assume GSN has shown some of his Name's The Same, but I really only remember RQL and Fadiman the most. I assume they also ran Bob & Ray at some point. None of his Price has been rerun outside of one (?) of the episodes where he subbed for Barker in daytime. Unlike all of these guys whose programs have been rerun, Dennis James has been virtually unheard from in terms of having a show of his regularly rerun, and that is a shame for someone who was a pioneer in television.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2016, 05:26:18 PM »
I assume they also ran Bob & Ray at some point.

This is an accurate assumption.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2016, 10:40:46 PM »
I assume they also ran Bob & Ray at some point.
This is an accurate assumption.

Until ACD realizes it's still there:

http://userdata.acd.net/ottinger/tnts.html
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Bob Zager

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2016, 11:36:00 AM »
What I'm curious about is, did Pat Sajak guest-host a full half-hour episode of Super Password, or was it something similar to Jack Narz trading spots with brother Tom Kennedy for the one game on Password Plus?