Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Scrabble Sprint question  (Read 2133 times)

14gameshows

Scrabble Sprint question
« on: March 09, 2016, 12:33:26 PM »
So I'm watching the metric-butt ton of Scrabble episodes and while watching the Scrabble Sprint rounds, I had a question for the members of the board and get your opinion on something.

What would you consider to be a decent "established Scrabble Sprint time"?  Watching the episodes and the contestants who won the first crossword front game  go to establish a sprint time for the second crossword winner to beat... I've noticed anything over 30 seconds (depending on the words used), the general feeling is that the second crossword winner might beat that time.

I think anything under 30 seconds is good depending on the words used and the clues that the writers came up. Some of the clues are vague and some clues are spot on.

What are the opinions on the board about this?  ;)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Scrabble Sprint question
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 01:05:51 PM »
It's like boxing or pinball scores. They're situational instead of universal.
Travis L. Eberle

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Re: Scrabble Sprint question
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 12:33:40 AM »
The amount of time is dependent on (1) good writing, (2) good contestants, (3) placement of the letters, and (4) how confident are you at making a decent guess.

And it really depends if your time is done with 3 words or 4 - in which I'd point to the reasoning above. I'd like to see if there is a correlation between time and strength of your packet.

Some of those higher times were because of itchy plunger hitters; but some were because the words were really tough.