Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Primetime Specials to Return  (Read 14509 times)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
TPIR Primetime Specials to Return
« on: February 12, 2016, 10:40:43 AM »
Three Primetime Specials to be "crossovers" with the Big 3 reality series on CBS are apparently now set to happen. Former contestants from the reality series will team up with contestants on the show who will be fans of the respective reality series. The hosts of the three series will also make an appearance on the show.

I think it would be the first time The Price is Right has aired in primetime since their Veteran's Day episode of 2008.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Unrealtor

Re: TPIR Primetime Specials to Return
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 09:28:04 AM »
So what's the over/under on number of trips to locations featured on Survivor and The Amazing Race in their respective episodes?
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

Brian44

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 09:44:51 AM »
So what's the over/under on number of trips to locations featured on Survivor and The Amazing Race in their respective episodes?

What I'd much rather see is the band Survivor appearing on TPIR and offering a trip to their hometown of Chicago.

Plus a Siberian safari so you can look right into the "Eye of the Tiger"!

And a chance to get "High on You" on a balloon ride!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:34:59 AM by Brian44 »

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 12:50:31 PM »

What I'd much rather see is the band Survivor appearing on TPIR and offering a trip to their hometown of Chicago.

Plus a Siberian safari so you can look right into the "Eye of the Tiger"!

And a chance to get "High on You" on a balloon ride!

Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Unrealtor

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 02:52:51 PM »
Oooh. I'm sorry, we were looking for

"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

Brian44

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 02:58:06 PM »
OK, guys, I will oblige and not suggest a prize for "The Search Is Over."  :P

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 04:05:05 PM »
I had two thoughts:

1) the fact that she's been on two of the shows (maybe she'll get on Survivor and be eaten by a bear--hope springs eternal) gives Rachel Reilly two chances to annoy America again

2) I love the nighttime shows as much as the next guy but it's too bad that regular joes won't get a chance.
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 07:21:21 PM »
2) I love the nighttime shows as much as the next guy but it's too bad that regular joes won't get a chance.
They will. The regular Joes are fans of the particular show in the audience who will be teamed with that show's alumni, akin to how the Celebrity Weeks have been done.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 09:34:26 PM »
They will. The regular Joes are fans of the particular show in the audience who will be teamed with that show's alumni, akin to how the Celebrity Weeks have been done.
And if you're not a fan of the shows you're not going to get a chance, it excludes a demographic group where celebrity week didn't. Does fan mean someone who watches the show regularly, or something deeper?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 09:50:26 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Thunder

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 11:10:30 PM »
A restraining order will disqualify an audience participant.

/Unless they resurrect The Phone Home Game.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 03:45:25 PM »
And if you're not a fan of the shows you're not going to get a chance, it excludes a demographic group where celebrity week didn't. Does fan mean someone who watches the show regularly, or something deeper?
Here is the blurb from the ticket page in regards to the Survivor special:

Are you a Super Fan of the CBS Show “Survivor”? Have you watched every episode? Do you have a favorite castaway? If so, we want you to COME ON DOWN for a chance to play alongside some of your favorite Survivor castaways and win cash, cars, & prizes! The Price Is Right is taping a primetime episode with an audience full of Survivor Super Fans & some very special Survivor stars on March 7th at 8:30am. If you think you could you make it to the merge and win over the Tribal Council, we want you here! Everyone must be over 18, and all eligibility rules apply.

The Big Brother and Amazing Race blurbs read similar. So it sounds like they're specifically looking for hardcore fans. I imagine that they'll let casual fans and even just regular people into the audience, but perhaps have the contestant pool dwindled down to just the big fans. It is rather exclusive, but I don't mind it as much though because it reminds me of the Salute specials Price did 12 or so years ago.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TimK2003

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 01:15:17 PM »
Would it be a logical assumption that the Amazing Race episode will have couples in Contestant's Row?

That Don Guy

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 03:44:16 PM »
Would it be a logical assumption that the Amazing Race episode will have couples in Contestant's Row?
No, as the ticket page does not say that couples are expected to show up, like it does for the Father's Day daytime episode (fathers and adult children).

Prizes

• Both a miner and a hoe
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 01:26:28 AM »
No, as the ticket page does not say that couples are expected to show up, like it does for the Father's Day daytime episode (fathers and adult children).

So, does that mean a fair portion of the Golden-Road userbase will be on this particular show?
Owner of WOF fan site buyavowel.boards.net
Didn't like scuba diving school. Too many fights.
~Jessica Brand