Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Cancelled  (Read 22378 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2004, 02:01:20 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 07:33 PM\'] In the wake of Pyramid and Squares cancellations, 'Twould be nice to see TOm or Donny win the GS host Emmy this year(Donny was nominated last year, and Tom tied with Bob Barker in 2000, upon which he bought Regis the Empire State Building). Seems more likely that Barker will get it given his turning 80 recently, but anyway. [/quote]
 So, if Zach got to vote on who won the Emmy, he would base it on if a show got cancelled?  Please explain.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

scully24

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2004, 02:23:50 AM »
(Don't worry, no spoilers below)

Well I just got back a couple hours ago from an afternoon and evening of taping the Pyramid tournament, and I think fans of the show will be very pleased with this one.  It was very competitive and suspenseful, and the level of game play was very high.  If you like the show, you'll really like this tournament.

zachhoran

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2004, 07:19:53 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 02:01 AM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 07:33 PM\'] In the wake of Pyramid and Squares cancellations, 'Twould be nice to see TOm or Donny win the GS host Emmy this year(Donny was nominated last year, and Tom tied with Bob Barker in 2000, upon which he bought Regis the Empire State Building). Seems more likely that Barker will get it given his turning 80 recently, but anyway. [/quote]
So, if Zach got to vote on who won the Emmy, he would base it on if a show got cancelled?  Please explain. [/quote]
 What I meant is cancelled shows sometimes get nominated for Daytime Emmys, as do the show's hosts. Betty White got nominated in 1984 for the second time for Just Men almost a year after the show got cancelled(the Daytime Emmy organization defines a "year" as March to March), for example.

TheGameShowGuy

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2004, 09:25:20 AM »
As it appears "Pyramid" is in a limbo status now. The leak of a cancellation is not good but Sony said it was premature. It's the time for all game show fans to help. (I would even liketo appeal  those who felt the show needed improvement to write as well. As we saw with Feud, the kinks can be fixed... whats important is not losing another game show to yet another redundant talker or a home decor unlimited show.)

Here are some important contacts:

Sony President Steve Mosko:  steve_mosko@spe.sony.com

Programming President Russ Krasnoff:  russ_krasnoff@spe.sony.com

John Weiser, VP Sony TV    john_weiser@spe.sony.com

If you prefer snail mail:

SONY PICTURES Television
3960 Ince Boulevard
Culver City California,90232

To  comment about the show you can contact Debbie Clarke debbie_clarke@pyramid-tv.com

There's a phone # also but mail or e mail is best and cheaper!
(310) 244-4000
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 11:43:56 AM by TheGameShowGuy »

Jimmy Owen

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2004, 09:50:30 AM »
Everybody's at NATPE this week. If enough stations want it at NATPE, that pretty much is the only way it could return in syndication.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2004, 01:48:11 PM »
[quote name=\'TheGameShowGuy\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 09:25 AM\'] It's the time for all game show fans to help. (I would even liketo appeal  those who felt the show needed improvement to write as well. [/quote]
 Is it really?
You really think I'd help save a show that, in my opinion, is terrible?  Sorry, I don't think so.  Pyramid sealed their own fate 1.5 years ago.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TheGameShowGuy

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2004, 11:21:20 PM »
For fans willing to save a gme show, pyrawoman says the BEST WAY is to CONTACT LOCAL STATIONS. This comes from SONY who states it wants to renew the show.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2004, 11:37:03 PM »
[quote name=\'TheGameShowGuy\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 09:21 PM\'] For fans willing to save a gme show, pyrawoman says the BEST WAY is to CONTACT LOCAL STATIONS. This comes from SONY who states it wants to renew the show. [/quote]
 If they really wanted to renew the show, they would renew the show. What they are saying is that if they perceive enough of an audience to merit renewing the show, they will. Which is the case with EVERY show.

And they obviously did not, or this news wouldn't have leaked.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brandon Brooks

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2004, 02:41:04 AM »
[quote name=\'TheGameShowGuy\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 11:21 PM\'] For fans willing to save a gme show, pyrawoman says the BEST WAY is to CONTACT LOCAL STATIONS. This comes from SONY who states it wants to renew the show. [/quote]
Please desist already.

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: January 18, 2004, 02:42:10 AM by Brandon Brooks »

ChuckNet

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2004, 11:35:55 AM »
Ironically, Donny was a guest on today's Ellen; he spent a lot of time chatting with Ellen about how she ought to play Pyramid. (May have been a rerun, but it's one I hadn't heard about the first time.)

No, it was a new one...missed it, but Oxygen airs Ellen's show on a 1-week delay, so I'll be able to catch it this coming Fri (1/23) at 11 PM (EST).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")