Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Monopoly Millionaires' Club -- renewed or not?  (Read 8048 times)

Winkfan

Monopoly Millionaires' Club -- renewed or not?
« on: January 21, 2016, 05:18:35 PM »
With the news that all five syndie game shows will be back next season; we forgot about Monopoly Millionaires' Club. Is it coming back as well?

Cordially,
Tammy
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

BrandonFG

Re: Monopoly Millionaires' Club -- renewed or not?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 06:56:50 PM »
I don't think anyone forgot. It just hasn't been mentioned yet. Since the show premiered in February of last year, it's possible word on renewal could come a little later than all the other shows.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Thunder

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 02:46:09 AM »
Signs aren't looking promising for a renewal...

And adding that North Carolina has wiped all of the "Enter To Win" stuff off their website.

dazztardly

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 12:07:55 PM »
Someone I know who works on the show said a new contract is in the works for 165 more episodes.

-Dan

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »
Someone I know who works on the show said a new contract is in the works for 165 more episodes.
Cool! So they're going for a daily format, I take it?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 02:05:10 PM »

For a million-dollar lotttery show? That ought to be interesting.

/shenanigans
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WhammyPower

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 02:36:02 PM »
For a million-dollar lotttery show? That ought to be interesting.
I could see one person going for a million after the whole week is over...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 05:00:09 PM »
I could see one person going for a million after the whole week is over...
Which is.........

1) annoying

and

2) twice as many people playing for a million than they've had so far.

Let's leave aside the fact that the show probably goes from Mystery Tune to Playoff Formats which is bad enough. How does a show that was essentially a dead man walking and a lottery game that states were dropping magically transform into something worthy of thirty-three weeks of five-a-days?
Travis L. Eberle

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 05:54:04 PM »
Assuming that the 165 isn't either a typo or a multi-year deal, the simplest idea I could think of would be to add another task after landing on Go, making it more Super Deal-ish than it already is.

/Is there still room in the shenanigans camp?
//I feel like all the units sold out quickly.
This signature is currently under construction.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 06:18:58 PM »
Assuming that the 165 isn't either a typo or a multi-year deal, the simplest idea I could think of would be to add another task after landing on Go, making it more Super Deal-ish than it already is.
How is it like the Super Deal? I get the comparison to the Big Deal because that's apt.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 06:33:47 PM »
Contestant lands on Go and wins the grand prize (for a daily show, let's say $250K). Studio goes nuts.

Billy offers one last shot: one of the four railroads has a million, one has 250K, the last two have 100K. Still a 50/50 shot of breaking even or winning the big money.

Not a perfect solution, and that's just off the top of my head. But I think I get where Joe was coming from.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 06:38:36 PM »
Billy offers one last shot: one of the four railroads has a million, one has 250K, the last two have 100K. Still a 50/50 shot of breaking even or winning the big money.

Not a perfect solution, and that's just off the top of my head. But I think I get where Joe was coming from.
Hm, that is true, though the fact that you have a 50% chance of winning less than what you'd win if you blew by Go to land on the light blues in the first place is icky. I still look at this with a raised eyebrow because this was heralded as a GSN program and wasn't it terrific and then the ship ran aground. I can't imagine that they're doing a four year deal based on twenty-three episodes when the show was reconfigured to be a half-hour about two months in.

/daily game shows have no business offering a million dollar grand prize, lottery or no.
//but that doesn't really answer the question how is Go for a Million currently like the Super Deal.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:10:05 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Thunder

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 08:19:43 PM »
By that time, the "blow by Go to land on the light blues" prize will have been marked down to $149.99.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 10:10:46 PM »
Here's something that hasn't been brought up that might dissuade the talk about MMC being a daily: has there ever been a lottery game show that aired daily?
Travis L. Eberle

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 10:50:09 PM »
I don't think so, and I think I know why -- having watched a bunch of lottery shows (sometimes multiple episodes in a row), I get the feeling they air(ed) weekly to make them more of an "event" for viewers and the state lotteries alike. While I know a lot in this group love them some Illinois Instant Riches (and I don't blame you), I think shows like that would wear out their welcome quickly if they aired daily -- they'd lose some of their fun and "gotta watch this" factor, plus as a daily instead of weekly they'd probably have to cut their payouts drastically and/or make them harder to win.

In the case of MMC, as you said Travis the show has a lot going against its chances of long-term success, and if they want to go daily they'll probably have to come up with more games (I think they have something like eight in the rotation right now?). Don't get me wrong, I want the show to succeed, and if they want to go daily and get the green light then more power to 'em. I just don't think such a move will be good for the long-term.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:15:29 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...