Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "$100,000 Pyramid" primetime this summer on ABC  (Read 237472 times)

BrandonFG

Re: "$100,000 Pyramid" primetime this summer on ABC
« Reply #300 on: June 27, 2016, 12:03:40 AM »
If I understood her correctly, Kathy said she appeared in three episodes and won enough to pay her rent for three months. Wiki said she never made it to the Winner's Circle.

Now I'm curious, how did she do as a contestant?

As for the show itself, f**kin' AWESOME. The little things that the GSN version missed, this one more than made up for. Bravo!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #301 on: June 27, 2016, 12:07:32 AM »
After seeing that Rosie/Kathy game, I totally understand why they wanted to do another.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #302 on: June 27, 2016, 12:25:17 AM »
As for the show itself, f**kin' AWESOME. The little things that the GSN version missed, this one more than made up for. Bravo!
I'm a little more muted watching the first episode. I wish they could play the main game without the think music and deviating from the two-shot of the players and desk. The play when good is great, and Michael Strahan is very good in his role. If they fixed the things that are still there from Pyramid 2002 it would be an A+ endeavor.

And not for nothing, but your lead-off episode has a win with a score of 14 points after two rounds? Ponderous.

The prophecy has (largely) been fulfilled.
Travis L. Eberle

Allstar87

« Reply #303 on: June 27, 2016, 01:07:31 AM »
Now I'm curious, how did she do as a contestant?

The Wiki is correct; she was only on one episode, and didn't win either maingame. She did win a computer from the Mystery 7, so at least she had something to show for her efforts.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #304 on: June 27, 2016, 01:15:50 AM »
She probably won rent money on Family Feud.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #305 on: June 27, 2016, 01:32:31 AM »
Thanks for the clarification guys. I'm willing to overlook this, being it's been more than three decades ;)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #306 on: June 27, 2016, 08:11:18 AM »
Thanks for the clarification guys. I'm willing to overlook this, being it's been more than three decades ;)

Well, except that it sound like she's lying just to tell a good story.  Trust me, you remember your experiences on a game show.  If she was only on one episode, and she says she was on three episodes and made rent money for three years, that's not misremembering.  That's embellishing, and rather brazenly at that.  As lies go this one is fairly harmless, but I just don't see why it was necessary.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #307 on: June 27, 2016, 08:52:04 AM »
Well, except that it sound like she's lying just to tell a good story.  Trust me, you remember your experiences on a game show.  If she was only on one episode, and she says she was on three episodes and made rent money for three years, that's not misremembering.  That's embellishing, and rather brazenly at that.  As lies go this one is fairly harmless, but I just don't see why it was necessary.

Pretty bizarre indeed. Debra Jo Rupp had no problem talking about how she soon parting gifts when she was on the show.

Count me as someone who will be a loyal viewer.

Unrealtor

« Reply #308 on: June 27, 2016, 09:42:28 AM »
I thought they did a great job with the production and the material, other than one judgement call that I disagreed with (not accepting "types of hair" for "hair colors", but at least they didn't insist that Shari say both "hair" and "colors" in the same answer like Donnymid probably would have) and the obvious stopdown right after the last category in the first round, although that was an unusual enough combination of circumstances that I'll forgive a new host for not getting it right immediately.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

weaklink75

« Reply #309 on: June 27, 2016, 10:13:18 AM »
Ratings are in....and it's pretty good, at least in the overnights:

http://programminginsider.com/network/positive-start-abc-sunday-night-game-shows/

The half hours were:

CFF: 5.2-5.7 (2nd place- Big Brother on CBS, 3.6-3.2)

100KP-5.4-5.3 (2nd place- Gymnastics on NBC, 3.7-3.7)

MG: 4.8-4.3 (2nd place- Gymnastics on NBC, 3.6-3.7)

They won all six half-hours on the night...only concern to me is the half-hour drop on Match Game..

and one thing on Pyramid..In the first WC of the 2nd game, shouldn't she have been buzzed on "Things that Lift" for saying "heavy things"? Or is the word things not considered part of the category?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:34:24 AM by weaklink75 »

byrd62

« Reply #310 on: June 27, 2016, 10:58:10 AM »
I thought so, too, weaklink...going by the usual letter of the rule, she should have been buzzed on the word "things".

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #311 on: June 27, 2016, 11:11:19 AM »

Maybe psychologically she didn't want to tell her partner she lost both of her games.  Wouldn't exactly inspire confidence.

One gameplay question--does the contestant always to give in the WC, or can they choose to receive and we just haven't seen it yet?
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

weaklink75

« Reply #312 on: June 27, 2016, 11:16:03 AM »

Maybe psychologically she didn't want to tell her partner she lost both of her games.  Wouldn't exactly inspire confidence.

One gameplay question--does the contestant always to give in the WC, or can they choose to receive and we just haven't seen it yet?

They can choose to receive, though the producers strongly suggest to the players they give so they don't lose the big money if the celeb fouls up...

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #313 on: June 27, 2016, 11:20:12 AM »
They can choose to receive, though the producers strongly suggest to the players they give so they don't lose the big money if the celeb fouls up...

Interesting--complete opposite approach from the classic versions, where the celebs primarily did the heavy lifting (and it was rare to see the contestant who wanted to give).  Thx!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:33:24 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

weaklink75

« Reply #314 on: June 27, 2016, 11:31:16 AM »
The demos and total viewers are out:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/06/27/tv-ratings-sunday-june-26-2016/

CFF- 1.5 in demo 7.79 million viewers (tied in 18-49's with BB, better in viewers)

100KP- 1.7 in demo, 7.97 million viewers

MG- 1.5 in demo, 6.66 million viewers

If these numbers hold next week, I think ABC will be very happy...