Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GS Kingdom gone?  (Read 5277 times)

brianhenke

GS Kingdom gone?
« on: January 07, 2016, 11:52:22 PM »
  I was looking for Game Show Kingdom today, and found out that the blog was gone.

Anyone know is going on? I like the obscure facts that appear on it.

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: GS Kingdom gone?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 01:38:07 AM »
Obviously the Bandit decided to hang it up. There are other ways to get news.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 02:08:11 AM »
Blogger says the site was removed, so it isn't necessarily that he quit.

My guess is a few too many people had seizures trying to read through all the colors and abbreviations he used.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 03:05:52 AM »
Blogger says the site was removed, so it isn't necessarily that he quit.

Yeah, true.

But would it say if he removed it himself?

(it wasn't really the worst results site...just too much cruft)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

brianhenke

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 02:12:55 PM »
 I was looking through GSK to see what he thought were the top players of 2015 were. (Yeah, I did it last year, but it was too much leaning toward J!, but I think Matt Jackson and Alex Jacobs would have been the top two from non-reality shows).

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 03:03:37 AM »
But would it say if he removed it himself?
Don't know, don't care overmuch, really.

(it wasn't really the worst results site...just too much cruft)
I remember one time early on where I tried to drive a point home posting a comment to his thing. He then extrapolated it as "Travis Eberle, winner of a car on The Price is Right, is a reader." So one, he's confusing me with Travis Schario, thing two, I'm a reader only in the most literal and least helpful means.

As to the point about cruft: he assumes everyone knows what he does/agrees with him and therefore does not have to explain all of the jargony bits or indeed the terms and phrases he has made up. The Economist assumes that you have a background in business or economics, or at least has had enough education to understand their chosen argot and therefore doesn't explain those terms, but at least they write like sane people and don't drop in nonsense phrases like "BANKRUPT TRASH" or abbreviate everything in sight because he can't write out "$25,000".

And apparently his time is so valuable that he is compelled to abbreviate the word "week" as "wk.", saving that critical keystroke. Plus there was that time he was in such a hurry to post results of that night's Teen Tournament episode here that he got the names of the participants wrong.

I was looking through GSK to see what he thought were the top players of 2015 were. (Yeah, I did it last year, but it was too much leaning toward J!, but I think Matt Jackson and Alex Jacobs would have been the top two from non-reality shows).
Thing one: it's Alex Jacob, not Jacobs. The guy won nearly $400,000 and is tenth all-time on the earnings list--at the very least get his name right.

Thing two: why would you need his help? You watch all of the television he does, and the reaction of the list would be largely the same whether you copied it verbatim from some website or whether you dreamed it up.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:21:15 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 03:22:48 AM »
I'm reminded of the writeup he did for me, identifying my username here. Which doesn't really bother me, but realistically, who cares? I've only used this alias on two forums and I highly doubt anybody is going to seek me out and want to talk to me based on some forum name I came up with when I was 18.