Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ebay: Deck of GAMBIT Cards  (Read 4862 times)

Matt Ottinger

Ebay: Deck of GAMBIT Cards
« on: December 08, 2015, 11:13:58 PM »
Not quite complete (50 of 52) but I don't remember anything close to an entire deck being offered before. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-GAMBIT-TV-GAME-SHOW-DECK-OF-CARDS-RARE-FIND-TELEVISION-MEMORABILIA-/141844106468?hash=item2106914ce4%3Ag%3A7igAAOSwAKxWYLN9
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

weaklink75

Re: Ebay: Deck of GAMBIT Cards
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 08:05:52 PM »
I know one of the decks from the 90's pilot was on eBay a few years ago... (and a deck from Top Card was floating around a couple of years back too).

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 04:29:49 PM »
Congrats to whomever got them for $415.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 04:33:13 PM »
Honestly, I would've loved to have won part of this auction. Not the entire deck, just two cards, so I could frame the front and back. Would've made a nice conversation piece. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 04:57:55 PM »
Honestly, I would've loved to have won part of this auction. Not the entire deck, just two cards, so I could frame the front and back. Would've made a nice conversation piece. :-)
The consortium idea has come up before as well, and I'd have an easier time paying eight dollars for a single card that I could enshrine than a mortgage check for something I'd be afeared to ever touch, show to people or indeed let out of a safe.
Travis L. Eberle

rstrata

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »
Congrats to whomever got them for $415.

Wow.  It almost makes me want to see how much my complete deck would sell for.

..._almost_.

The consortium idea has come up before as well, and I'd have an easier time paying eight dollars for a single card that I could enshrine than a mortgage check for something I'd be afeared to ever touch, show to people or indeed let out of a safe.

Travis has (perhaps unwittingly) neatly encapsulated the downside of being a collector.
That, and Boss Lady's constant refrain of "HOW much?!"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 06:07:39 PM »
One of the great things about living alone is that I am the single vote on any issue and there is no higher court of appeals. I get to watch what I want, spend as much money on board games as I want (which ebbs and flows as I find new nifty games), eat what I want and keep my own schedule. The downside is the sometimes crippling loneliness at the end of the day, but those nights are rarer than simple exhaustion where I just want to get some Zs.

Like I said, I bet you could make a nice premium if you offered your treasure here in bits and pieces and it would be finished in about a month. I don't think that you're going to make double your outlay if you expect that $415 silliness to happen again. I know markets are never wrong but holy crappity.
Travis L. Eberle