Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What if Fremantle Media filed for bankruptcy (to make BUZZR cease)?  (Read 15634 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Re: What if Fremantle Media filed for bankruptcy (to make BUZZR cease)?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 10:55:19 PM »
Heine...just...just no. Either shut up, or go away.

(Either way, go eat some Pop-Tarts. If nothing else, they'll keep your mouth full so you don't throw up your pointless rambling "sky is falling" crap all over this forum.)

Tl;dr - please send more red velvet pop tarts. Kthxbai.
Fark that laundry: S'mores or cinnamon all the way.
Hell yes, S'mores. Used to love eating those. I think I'll go buy some next time I get a chance.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 12:23:41 AM »
He should be good now...

You know, those ARE a little terrifying...
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 01:09:22 AM »
I really didn't pay attention to any of this because, well, it makes zero sense. Now that I've read it (and you owe me for that), I gotta say you really don't have a clue as to how television works. If this really is your last post (which I'm sure it's not), you're sparing the forum from having to deal with any more of your asinine rants and "rerun abuse" complaints. Buzzr is not going anywhere, and I really wish you'd stop being Chicken Little. It's gotten old.
So here's the thing. His question is an easy one with a simple answer. The problem is that he asked it in a passive-aggressive and pot-shotty way so we're mocking him. Essentially his question is "what happens when a company goes bankrupt or gets bought by another one?" And the general answer is that the liabilities are paid, the assets are sold (if you've ever seen a mall store going out of bidness and stuff at 90% off, that's this) and people either look for new jobs or are kept on in some capacity if the parent company is feeling generous. Would it mean that BUZZR would magically air more different episodes of Super Password or Press Your Luck? Of course not.
Travis L. Eberle

TimK2003

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 10:52:44 AM »
Makes a great Christmas gift:

Better chance this becomes reality before Fremantle goes under...

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 08:24:23 PM »
The entire company is a worldwide giant producing and holding the rights to some of the biggest shows everywhere. This "What if..." scenario is so far fetched, I think Marvel and DC would dismiss it for being too outlandish.

Makes a great Christmas gift:

Better chance this becomes reality before Fremantle goes under...
I had Cinnabon flavored vodka once. Someone got me a whole bottle because they knew how much I love Cinnabon/cinnamon.

It was perhaps the sweetest alcoholic beverage I've ever had in my life (granted, I'm still mildly young). I ended up leaving it in a hotel room I was staying at as part of a tip for housekeeping. Hope they enjoyed it.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

trainman

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 10:57:30 PM »
The entire company is a worldwide giant producing and holding the rights to some of the biggest shows everywhere. This "What if..." scenario is so far fetched, I think Marvel and DC would dismiss it for being too outlandish.

Interesting you used that comparison, since Marvel actually did go through Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the mid-1990s. Granted, Marvel then is a lot different than Fremantle now (and needless to say, Marvel then is nearly unrecognizable compared to Marvel now.)
trainman is a man of trains

JonSea31

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 05:25:30 AM »
D. Heine strikes again.  Always taking out his obsession on classic game shows on these boards, not being happy about rerun abuse, and fearing that Fremantle may fold.  I am sure he has other things to do with his time than spending too much time on the Internet or watching game snows.

It's days like this that I really miss the ignore user option.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 06:03:58 AM »
D. Heine strikes again.  Always taking out his obsession on classic game shows on these boards, not being happy about rerun abuse, and fearing that Fremantle may fold.  I am sure he has other things to do with his time than spending too much time on the Internet or watching game snows.

There's nothing to miss.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JonSea31

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »

There's nothing to miss.

Thanks for the link.  I have blocked the thread's author just now.   Bye-bye, Mr. Heine.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

calliaume

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 09:44:01 AM »
You know, those ARE a little terrifying...
Resurrecting this thread because no one mentioned the obvious alternative:

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »
AAARRRGGGHH!!!!!!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.