Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $25k Pyramid: Battle of CBS Soaps  (Read 6066 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
$25k Pyramid: Battle of CBS Soaps
« on: November 12, 2015, 12:53:54 AM »
With the show in November 1987 I know that we're reaching the end of the run but I don't know how near it is, nor how good the ratings were at the time. This week of shows coming right off the heels of another All-Star Week had four pairs of CBS soap operas playing for charity. Each half of the game featured two different soaps competing for $10,000 and a 7-11 opportunity, but a 21-21 tie would be worth $5,000 as normal but also increase the winner's circle pot to $25,000, which I thought was neat.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

Re: $25k Pyramid: Battle of CBS Soaps
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 03:07:13 PM »
The show airing on GSN today (11/12) featured a tie breaker in both games, but they got the WC rounds in. It's a crowded stage when Dick recaps at the end of each show. The two ladies from Y&R are probably the best team.

Unrealtor

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 10:47:51 PM »
The show airing on GSN today (11/12) featured a tie breaker in both games, but they got the WC rounds in.

I don't think I ever remember seeing a WC carrying over to the next day once they moved to CBS and adopted the two-game match. In regular play, it would have made for a strange way to start the show. "You're going to play a bonus round, but unless you get at least $750, we're going to introduce someone else as returning champion in about a minute and a half. Here is your first subject..."
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 08:12:44 AM »
I don't think I ever remember seeing a WC carrying over to the next day once they moved to CBS and adopted the two-game match. In regular play, it would have made for a strange way to start the show. "You're going to play a bonus round, but unless you get at least $750, we're going to introduce someone else as returning champion in about a minute and a half. Here is your first subject..."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the show never straddled once it moved to California and became $25K/$100K/$100K (Davidson). IIRC, there was an '83 episode (I think with Michael J. Fox?) that had more than one tiebreaker round but they still fit the entire show in.