Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR Pick & Play Sweepstakes and New Schedule  (Read 39543 times)

jimlangefan

BUZZR Pick & Play Sweepstakes and New Schedule
« on: October 05, 2015, 11:58:29 AM »
I know this was posted in the Buzzr discussion thread, but this might warrant it's own thread and discussion.  You can delete mods, if you want to keep it where it is.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/44819/buzzr-asks-game-show-fans-to-program-its-sunday-night-with-retro-episodes/

Buzzr is having a Pick & Play Sweepstakes where you can vote for one of the six shows eligible to be included on Buzzr's new Sunday night lineup.  The top three will make it on the schedule (with possible prizes awarded if you vote for one of the top three shows).  The shows up for voting are Trivia Trap, Wordplay (didn't know Fremantle owned it until the article came out, but makes sense), Beat The Clock (Hall's version), Now You See it (Narz's version), Double Dare, & $ale of the Century.  Voting ends October 12th and the new Sunday night lineup debuts October 18th.

Just a thought.  Could Buzzr be doing reruns until that week?  While crappy, would make sense.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 04:17:03 PM by jimlangefan »
TV's Big Dealer

jimlangefan

Re: BUZZR Pick & Play Sweepstakes and New Schedule
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 03:45:51 PM »
Here's the commercial for the sweepstakes.

TV's Big Dealer

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 04:30:08 PM »
Interesting that the Now You See It logo in the above thumbnail and on the website is from the '89 version. Regardless, any of these shows would be good additions.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Thunder

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 04:37:49 PM »
I think we have already made mention that graphics and accuracy were not their core competencies.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 04:25:32 AM »
Well, it should make sense that Wordplay is a Fremantle product, considering it was Syd Vinnedge's first foray into game shows.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 04:02:49 PM »
Well, it should make sense that Wordplay is a Fremantle product, considering it was Syd Vinnedge's first foray into game shows.
I don't remember where I saw it, but very recently, I came across an article from fall 1985, interviewing Rob Fiedler and Peter Berlin, who were still trying to get shows on the air. They'd recently produced a pilot for NBC that didn't pan out. I bring this all up, because Wordplay followed along a year and change later. If I find the article, I'll post it on the Big Board.

ETA: found it...see the Big Board in a few minutes. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

gamed121683

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 02:11:35 PM »
Well, friends, the votes are in...

Anyone want to take a guess on which trio of shows made the cut? My guesses are $ale, Beat The Clock and Trebek Dare. For the record, I went Team Wordplay simply because it hasn't been since its original broadcast.

jimlangefan

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 02:28:36 PM »
My predictions are $ale of The Century, Now You See It, & Double Dare.  Beat The Clock could sneak in there too.  My reasons for predicting NYSI, DD, & BTC (maybe) are since they made an appearance during the Lost & Found week, they may be more known and people would want to see more of them.  But hands down $ale has to be number one.  I'd be VERY surprised if it isn't.  In fact, based on that reason I didn't even vote for $OTC, I voted for Wordplay as well.
TV's Big Dealer

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 05:13:49 PM »

Anyone want to take a guess on which trio of shows made the cut? My guesses are $ale, Beat The Clock and Trebek Dare. For the record, I went Team Wordplay simply because it hasn't been since its original broadcast.

I'd be okay with a Wordplay for $aletrade-off since I was a newborn when Wordplay aired. All others are okay with me.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 01:48:41 AM »
I suspect that the $ale episodes they'd be airing would be the same ones that aired on GSN a few times over, so I'd much prefer either Now You See it on Wordplay.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

snowpeck

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 03:01:16 AM »
I suspect that the $ale episodes they'd be airing would be the same ones that aired on GSN a few times over, so I'd much prefer either Now You See it on Wordplay.
The episode of Sale that's being used in the promos is an early syndicated episode that GSN aired more than once, so I would tend to agree.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JonSea31

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 05:06:11 AM »
If I had Buzzr on my TV, I would have preferred to see Wordplay because the local NBC affiliate in Detroit (where I got the NBC feed from) never aired the series in favor of syndicated programming (most likely), and the only time I saw such show was through YouTube.

Funny I said that, because I voted for $ale.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 06:12:54 AM »
So wait...you would rather not have seen Sale, would rather see Wordplay, voted against your preference, and it makes no difference because you can't pull it in?

Seems like a long walk to go one step.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »
I don't get Buzzr, but it seems to me Wordplay would be the obvious choice among us fans, simply because it's the truly "new" one among the nostalgia channels.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

davemackey

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 03:29:06 PM »
My vote went to the Hall BTC, although I really expect to see "Sale of the Century" and "Now You See It" on the schedule there too.