Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What makes Cram jam?  (Read 5627 times)

GS Warehouse

What makes Cram jam?
« on: June 26, 2003, 11:39:12 PM »
At ezBoard I've noticed a lot of users have admitted that Cram has grown on them.  Like many of you, I didn't think of it much of the premise myself, but I've seen a couple of second-season eps.  I've got to ask: What is it that makes Cram such a guilty pleasure?
- The play-along factor
- Watching sleep-deprived people do silly things
- Graham Elwood's schtick
- The theme music (hey, that's what attracted me to CS78)
- Icey (enough said)

And why do I get the feeling choice E will get the lion's share of the votes? :-)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2003, 11:39:45 PM by GS Warehouse »

Brig Bother

What makes Cram jam?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 07:53:48 AM »
I got an episode of Cram in a tape trade recently and I think you lot have underrated it. Not only does it have some original ideas (mainly the do two things at once one) seems like a decent quiz but it also seems incredibly good fun (to watch and to play, although I wouldn't want to be awake that long, obv.).

It's all good, people!

Clay Zambo

What makes Cram jam?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 08:56:44 AM »
My view of the show has changed somewhat this season, too.  I don't watch it every day, but I find myself enjoying it.  Somehow it seems more benign this season--I'm sure the players are every bit as exhausted as first group were, but it seems more like good, clean, silly fun.

It is clean fun, isn't it?  The cramatoria do have showers?
czambo@mac.com

BrandonFG

What makes Cram jam?
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 10:23:41 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jun 26 2003, 10:39 PM\'] At ezBoard I've noticed a lot of users have admitted that Cram has grown on them.  Like many of you, I didn't think of it much of the premise myself, but I've seen a couple of second-season eps.  I've got to ask: What is it that makes Cram such a guilty pleasure?
- The play-along factor
- Watching sleep-deprived people do silly things
- Graham Elwood's schtick
- The theme music (hey, that's what attracted me to CS78)
- Icey (enough said)

And why do I get the feeling choice E will get the lion's share of the votes? :-) [/quote]
 It's actually a fun little show, and actually seems like a decent psychological experiment...testing how well people function without sleep. I wonder how the show does with college students, who should be used to pulling an all-nighter, only to flunk the test the next day. :-)

Extra points for a pretty good bonus round. I like the whole set-up and execution, as far as the sleeping, and Graham's build-up.  Question though: how long do they *really* get to \"sleep?\"
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

WhammyPower

What makes Cram jam?
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 11:36:28 AM »
Er, some people might like it for just one word: \"ICEE\".  :-P

Jimmy Owen

What makes Cram jam?
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 11:52:57 AM »
The well-crafted questions, the spirited teamwork, the set...aw, who am I kidding....ICEE!
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Chelsea Thrasher

What makes Cram jam?
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2003, 12:46:23 PM »
GS Warehouse said:

What makes Cram jam?, Is it the exam? Or Graham the ham? :-)

All I know is I like my Green Eggs and Ham

Now that that's out of the way:    I dunno.   All of the above...and Icey (With a Y.   ICEE is the name of a flavored ice drink found at various places across the country).   The Format..and Icey.   The Host...and Icey
(Remind anyone of a promo GSN used to run for Cram?)

(And, public service announcement kids:  Don't listen to Dr. Seuss.  Green Eggs & Ham are bad for your health.  Stay away from them)

And Seriosuly, I don't know why I like Cram so much.  Just do.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 05:01:03 PM by Seth Thrasher »

uncamark

What makes Cram jam?
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2003, 02:42:39 PM »
Extra points for a pretty good bonus round. I like the whole set-up and execution, as far as the sleeping, and Graham's build-up.  Question though: how long do they *really* get to \"sleep?\"

I would guess that it is the approximate length of a commercial break, barring any technical problems.  Which makes me wonder--if there is a technical problem during that break that will postpone the end game, do they do the honorable thing, have the actress playing Miss Pickwick leave and let them sleep, or does the floor director run up and scream \"WAKE UP!  We've got a technical problem!  Get out of bed until we've fixed it!\"

And that's the best clue why they have no audience--you just know that despite the warmup man begging for everyone to remain quiet, some smartass in the audience will start screaming \"WAKE UP!\"--which is when the \"Sleep Center\" gets moved backstage with signs all around saying \"QUIET, PLEASE!\"

davemackey

What makes Cram jam?
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2003, 09:30:33 PM »
Andrea Hutchman doesn't get enough credit for doing what she does as Miss Pickwick. She has to read these absurd clues with a straight face as if they were a bedtime story. (Hey, could I hire her to read bedtime stories to my six-year-old?)

Casey Buck

What makes Cram jam?
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2003, 03:12:31 PM »
As long as we're talking about Cram...here's the theme song: http://longshot1980.rollplaygames.com/gsth...themes/Cram.mp3

Chelsea Thrasher

What makes Cram jam?
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2003, 04:15:11 PM »
Now, I may have had a bit too much of the green eggs and ham here, but, am I the only one who thinks that the cram theme posted above sorta sounds like the King of the Hill (anim) theme?

HYHYBT

What makes Cram jam?
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2003, 04:23:23 AM »
And here isn't the theme song. It seems to have vanished, dagnabbit.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Clay Zambo

What makes Cram jam?
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2003, 09:22:31 AM »
How long do they let them sleep?  I would think the contestants would be trying desperately NOT to sleep at that point.  A two-minute nap would just make things worse for trying to spring out of bed, do some silly balance game and answer ridiculous questions.

I thought always that the comfy beds and eye masks were just part of the torture, that it was one more way for the players to have to fight to stay awake.

The comfy chairs and nice, cool drinks before the final round, now those seem helpful.  Though I'd probably be dozing off in the comfy chair, too.
czambo@mac.com