Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Lost and Found stunt  (Read 48057 times)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Re: Buzzr Lost and Found stunt
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 05:12:09 AM »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

gsfan85

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 11:07:10 AM »
Perhaps the Family Feud pilots will show us why they added another digit to the bank above the board. I don't ever recall it going to $1,000 or more during the regular run.

Wasn't that for showing how much the Bullseye question was worth to everybody outside the camera shot?

There was a screen in the middle of the Bullseye display that actually displayed how much the question was worth.  That wasn't chroma/green screen, the audience/contestants could see that.

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 12:27:12 PM »
So now I'm curious...when Dawson returned in 1994, they used the Ferranti-Packer board for the entire game, and superimposed the survey graphics for the viewers at home (I do remember once seeing a wide shot of the set where they didn't have the CG board; it pretty much looked like the Fast Money setup).

Anyway, IIRC, they used similar computer graphics for the "Bankroll" round that replaced Bullseye. I'm guessing for the folks in studio, they simply displayed the Bankroll dollar amount/#1 answer on the Ferranti-Packer board?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chad1m

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »
I'm guessing for the folks in studio, they simply displayed the Bankroll dollar amount/#1 answer on the Ferranti-Packer board?
The screenshot below from a Feud E! True Hollywood Story seems to show it was only the answer, not even the value.

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 01:27:30 PM »
I'm guessing for the folks in studio, they simply displayed the Bankroll dollar amount/#1 answer on the Ferranti-Packer board?
The screenshot below from a Feud E! True Hollywood Story seems to show it was only the answer, not even the value.

Nice find...thanks!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 01:29:20 PM »
Here's a different thought:  Maybe they were going to increase the payout if a family didn't get 200 points in Fast Money to $10/point.  In that case, they would need four digits as 100 points would equal $1,000.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2015, 02:08:10 PM »
To the original subject of this thread -- if anyone out there can record this marathon for me in its entirety, you will be handsomely rewarded with DVDs, board games, whatever you want.  Contact me privately for details.  ottinger@acd.net
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2015, 03:33:13 PM »
I will note that YouTube account BuzzrPlus+ is likely to get some to all of this up on its channel over the coming days.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2015, 05:38:24 PM »
Here's a different thought:  Maybe they were going to increase the payout if a family didn't get 200 points in Fast Money to $10/point.  In that case, they would need four digits as 100 points would equal $1,000.

That was my initial thought as well.  And after they commissioned the fourth digit, they decided to just go status quo.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

gamed121683

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 06:19:27 PM »
Has Buzzr themeselves may have given a clue to what the 4 digit bank might've been all about. You be the judge!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1632231923660263&substory_index=0&id=1594990200717769&ref=content_filter

bwood

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 06:22:53 PM »
I always thought it was because they may have had other plans for the execution of Bullseye before the backdrop was made and that the fourth digit was added to show the value of the question to everyone in studio.

A teaser pic that Buzzr uploaded earlier today shows a pilot Bullseye format that uses a graphic overlay with the contestant at the family podium. So, when they were using that, the four digit scoreboard may have been utilized for the reason of keeping track of question values. When they got the kinks worked out, and made the prop, it was no longer needed but they kept it. Just a guess.

Sodboy13

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2015, 11:17:47 PM »
I remember watching it during its original airing, seeing the 4-digit bank, and figuring it was for $10/point in Fast Money during the second half. After all, with the jackpot stakes doubled from the first game, why wouldn't that be? That blank fourth space really annoyed me. It would make sense that it was originally intended for the Bullseye display, though, now that I've read how that sort of evolved from testing to airing.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Bob Zager

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 07:50:28 PM »
I remember watching it during its original airing, seeing the 4-digit bank, and figuring it was for $10/point in Fast Money during the second half...

That was one of TWO ideas I had in mind back then.

The second idea I'd had was that since the numbers in the main game were representing points (instead of dollars), maybe the fourth digit would be a leading "$" and still award $5/per point in "Fast Money."  Remember, the bankroll displays showed a "$", so that was where my thought came.  That wasn't the reason after all.

gamed121683

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 01:11:39 PM »
Rechecking the "Lost & Found" schedule that snowpeck posted, I take it the Take Your Choice pilot, despite being in the promo, didn't make the final cut?

weaklink75

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 01:47:42 PM »
Well caught the first night of this- had already seen the four Match Game eps, so the two pilots were the main draw to me.

Holy cow were they bad.

Play For Keeps- considering the time it was made, G/T just seemed to throw something together to try and cash in on the big money shows- Sonny Fox was ill-suited as a host, for the stakes they were proposing the games were too short (this was supposed to be a daytime show), and the entire set looked cheezy (you can tell this was a pilot because the bell and buzzer logo had the word SPONSOR on it).

Star Words- Poor Nipsey- he tried, but he was always a better panelist than a host. The game had some good ideas behind it, but needed a lot of tweaking (maybe if they turned it into a Q&A-type game it would work better; the endgame was pretty interesting). It looks like they were expecting the players to be a lot better than they actually were- I counted a total of three right answers in the frontgame.