Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Lost and Found stunt  (Read 47607 times)

snowpeck

Buzzr Lost and Found stunt
« on: August 24, 2015, 08:08:44 PM »
Figured this was worthy of a new thread. I've gotten a list of at least some of the pilots set to be included in the marathon:

FEATURED FAILED PILOT DESCRIPTIONS:

ON A ROLL
ON A ROLL features two contestants attempting to solve a word puzzle by means of rolling a pair of dice. This 1986 game show, hosted by David Sparks, was never picked up for series.

STAR WORDS
Comedian and popular game show personality Nipsey Russell hosts this 1983 game show in which teams of two, each consisting of a contestant and celebrity guest, have to agree on a common association between words. STAR WORDS was never picked up as a series.

TKO
Game show veteran Peter Tomarken hosts TKO, the game show in which contestants attempt to solve trivia question after being given the initials of the answer. Players have the option to "knock-out" others in hopes of being the last player standing. TKO was created in 1989, but was never developed into a series.

BODY TALK
Vicky Lawrence hosts this game of charades featuring two teams of three, each with one contestant and two celebrity guests. Teams have the option to act out various words in pairs while the third member of each team tries to guess the word. This 1990 show never went to series.

FAMILY FEUD (specific for hour-long version)
Following the success of the traditional Family Feud, this Ray Combs-hosted version features FOUR families in this all-new, hour-long format. With the addition of the BULLSEYE round, families compete to see how money much they can add to their BANK by getting one shot to guess the top answer to survey questions. The four families then proceed to battle it out in this bracket-style format until one family comes out the winner. That family then gets to compete for their BANK in the FAST MONEY round. Although the regular 30 minute game continued to air, this special hour-long format was never picked up.

FAMILY FEUD (specific for hour-long version… but different format than above)
Following the success of the traditional Family Feud, this Ray Combs-hosted version features THREE families in this all-new, hour-long format. With the addition of the BULLSEYE round, families compete to see how money much they can add to their BANK by getting one shot to guess the top answer to survey questions. Two families then face off in the BULLSEYE round, then continue to battle in traditional FAMILY FEUD style all the way through FAST MONEY. The winner of FAST MONEY then takes on the challenge of competing against the returning champion... starting again with a BULLSEYE round. Although the regular 30 minute game continued to air, this special hour-long format was never picked up.

ADDITIONAL FEATURED PILOT DESCRIPTIONS:

BEAT THE CLOCK
BEAT THE CLOCK features two teams of two attempting to complete wacky and challenging physical obstacles before the "clock" runs out of time. In between seasons of hosting LET’S MAKE A DEAL, Monty Hall brings us this 1979 revival of the original 1950s game show.

BODY LANGUAGE
Hosted by Tom Kennedy from 1984-1986, Body Language features two teams, each consisting of  a contestant and a celebrity guest, as they compete in a game of charades to guess clue words for a puzzle. In each turn, one teammate serves as the “actor,” and is responsible for pantomiming a selection of words or phrases, while the other teammate acts as the “guesser,” and has 60 seconds to guess as many words as possible.

CHILD’S PLAY
Following his hosting gig on Blockbuster, Bill Cullen took the stage for Mark Goodson’s Child’s Play, the game show featuring two contestants as they attempt to correctly guess words based on definitions given by children ages five to nine. Notable celebrities that appeared on the show prior to becoming famous include, Jeff Cohen, Breckin Meyer, Tara Reid and Masi Oka.

DOUBLE DARE
Before Jeopardy, Alex Trebek introduced us to DOUBLE DARE - a trivia game where you aren't betting on your success, you're betting on the failure of your opponent. Originally running from 1976-1977, this game show features two contestants, each trying to predict whether or not the other will correctly answer a trivia question. The winning contestant moves on to compete against "the spoilers" - an expert panel that they must stump.

FAMILY FEUD
Created by Mark Goodson, Family Feud is the American game show in which two families, each composed of five members, compete against each other to guess the most popular answers to a series of survey questions posted to 100 people. The original and first syndicated versions of the show were hosted by the legendary Richard Dawson.

LET’S MAKE A DEAL
This television game show was a daytime series that originally premiered in 1963 and was created, produced and presented by Monty Hall. Let’s Make a Deal is based around a number of deals offered to contestants, who must then attempt to trade items and/or “make a deal” for prizes with the possibility of winning something more valuable or a worthless piece of junk called a "Zonk."

MATCH GAME (original description)
Hosted by Gene Rayburn, Match Game is the American television panel game show, which features two contestants as they attempt to match the answers of six celebrities in a game of fill-in the missing blank. While the show originally premiered in 1962, it has been revived across five runs on American television.

MATCH GAME (specific for 1962)
In this ORIGINAL season of the beloved MATCH GAME, host Gene Rayburn guides two teams of three (each featuring two contestants and one celebrity guest) through a game of QUESTION AND ANSWER, as teammates try to match each other's answers. This 1962 series features Rayburn without his iconic "skinny mic".

NOW YOU SEE IT
NOW YOU SEE IT, hosted by Jack Narz, is a game show in which the answers are given to you… you just have to find them! Two contestants face off to answer a series of trivia questions while hunting for the answers in a word-search type game board. NOW YOU SEE IT originally ran from 1974-1975 with a revival in 1989.

ON A ROLL
ON A ROLL features two contestants attempting to solve a word puzzle by means of rolling a pair of dice. This 1986 game show, hosted by David Sparks, was never picked up for series.

PLAY FOR KEEPS
In this 1955 game show, two contestants face off answering trivia questions from a category of their choice. Each question presents a new opportunity for contestants to wager their earnings. PLAY FOR KEEPS, hosted by Sonny Fox, never went to series.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

CJBojangles

Re: Buzzr Lost and Found stunt
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 08:47:56 PM »
Following the success of the traditional Family Feud, this Ray Combs-hosted version features THREE families in this all-new, hour-long format. With the addition of the BULLSEYE round, families compete to see how money much they can add to their BANK by getting one shot to guess the top answer to survey questions. Two families then face off in the BULLSEYE round, then continue to battle in traditional FAMILY FEUD style all the way through FAST MONEY. The winner of FAST MONEY then takes on the challenge of competing against the returning champion... starting again with a BULLSEYE round. Although the regular 30 minute game continued to air, this special hour-long format was never picked up.

Uh... Pretty sure it was. Isn't that exactly how Family Feud Challenge worked?

jimlangefan

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 08:49:00 PM »

I was just gonna say the same thing, lol.    This does look like it will be a pretty good marathon though!
TV's Big Dealer

snowpeck

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 08:50:06 PM »

It was also pretty much the format of Dawson's 1994 return also, was it not?
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 09:59:46 PM »

Not quite. Replace "defending champion" with "former contestant families from the original Dawson Feud" and you've got it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 10:06:18 PM »

Not quite. Replace "defending champion" with "former contestant families from the original Dawson Feud" and you've got it.

The defending champion rule was eventually reinstated.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 10:07:26 PM »

Was it? I sit corrected then.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 12:04:43 AM »

Was it? I sit corrected then.

Don't know precisely when, but they went back to it at some point before midseason if I remember correctly.

They kept bringing the original Dawson families back, though- from what I gathered, when they had special weeks like American Gladiators week the first half of the show featured a match between two of the returning families played for the same potential $7,000 in Fast Money.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 12:53:59 AM »
Don't know precisely when, but they went back to it at some point before midseason if I remember correctly.
It was definitely by about mid-October '94, based on Robair's ATGS recaps.

They kept bringing the original Dawson families back, though- from what I gathered, when they had special weeks like American Gladiators week the first half of the show featured a match between two of the returning families played for the same potential $7,000 in Fast Money.
This is what happened, yeah.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

snowpeck

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 12:53:53 PM »
Sunday, September 13, is still TBD.

jimlangefan

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 03:53:11 PM »
Something exciting, at least for me, on that schedule there.  Buzzr will be airing a 1969 episode of LMAD! To my knowledge that would now be the earliest episode of LMAD, outside of the pilot, that has been repeated!
TV's Big Dealer

trainman

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 01:02:36 AM »

And their knowledge of the difference between EST and EDT is MIA.
trainman is a man of trains

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 05:19:17 PM »

And their knowledge of the difference between EST and EDT is MIA.

QFT
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TraderRob

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 10:40:06 PM »
Perhaps the Family Feud pilots will show us why they added another digit to the bank above the board. I don't ever recall it going to $1,000 or more during the regular run.

PYLdude

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 10:47:24 PM »
Perhaps the Family Feud pilots will show us why they added another digit to the bank above the board. I don't ever recall it going to $1,000 or more during the regular run.

Wasn't that for showing how much the Bullseye question was worth to everybody outside the camera shot?