Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Press Your Luck: Expert Edition  (Read 14982 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Press Your Luck: Expert Edition
« on: August 18, 2015, 03:29:53 PM »
Came across it today. Fun as hell. Enjoy!

http://www.4shared.com/zip/uCE1BxxTce/pylexp.html
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Re: Press Your Luck: Expert Edition
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 03:20:30 PM »
Did this ever come with a board editor, or was I that far removed from the original crossbearer version we grew up with?

JonSea31

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 12:00:47 PM »
This version was not Curt King's creation from Crossbearer Software, and has no board editor.  It is a totally different and more realistic version that has realistic slides and has prize rotations and other elements that make it true to the show.  Chris Yoder was the one who created this version.

To create the boards for PYL Expert Edition, you would have to copy/paste the leftmost part of a line in the slides file, and paste it onto a blank text document.  Once the file is created, you must save it in notepad as a .bd1 or .bd2 extension, but save it as All files instead of text document (.txt).  Don't save it as .txt.bd1 or the like.

I can gladly supply some of my created game files, board files, and prize rotation files if you'd like.

Oh, and by the way, is this Version 3.2 or 3.3 of PYL Expert Edition?  And I agree, this is way better than any version you can buy.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »
I can gladly supply some of my created game files, board files, and prize rotation files if you'd like.
If your game design is in the same ballpark as your legal acumen, I fully expect to see only boards with 18 whammies.

Peter Sarrett

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 04:24:52 PM »
Is there a source for it that doesn't make me terrified to click on ANYTHING for fear of who-knows-what malware getting installed on my machine?  None of the DOWNLOAD links on that page actually let me download the Press Your Luck files without wanting to first install something else.  No thank you.