Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ale of the Century back on GSN Mon 8/3...  (Read 8114 times)

gsfan85

$ale of the Century back on GSN Mon 8/3...
« on: July 22, 2015, 05:20:27 PM »
Hey everyone,

According to tvguide.com, Card Sharks with Jim Perry gets replaced with $ale of the Century on Mon 8/3.  The PDF doesn't reflect this though, so I'm not sure which to believe.

chad1m

Re: $ale of the Century back on GSN Mon 8/3...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 05:46:07 PM »
I'm thinking this is another case of the "stale schedule placeholder" effect. This is how the schedule looked in April before Shop 'Til You Drop re-joined on as replacement. Whammy! at 11AM is absent too.

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 01:08:51 PM »
What also doesn't help is that there's a troll who's been going around to the GSN fan blog sites that's been campaigning for Sale's return to the point of aggravation to anyone who visits the sites. She started trolling this announcement of Sale's return on 8/3 weeks ago on her Sale YouTube channel and other places, and even got one fan blog site to buy into it (she also said at first that Scrabble would be coming with it, later changing that to Password+ and Super Password). Then, Casey Abell got the PDF's a couple days later, and she finally pulled back and shut up, kind of.

I'd only hope that TV Guide isn't that stupid to bite into a troll's pipe dream. I mean, I'd like Sale back, too, but this was just overkilling overkill.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 01:28:33 PM »
What also doesn't help is that there's a troll who's been going around to the GSN fan blog sites that's been campaigning for Sale's return to the point of aggravation to anyone who visits the sites. She started trolling this announcement of Sale's return on 8/3 weeks ago on her Sale YouTube channel and other places, and even got one fan blog site to buy into it (she also said at first that Scrabble would be coming with it, later changing that to Password+ and Super Password). Then, Casey Abell got the PDF's a couple days later, and she finally pulled back and shut up, kind of.

I'd only hope that TV Guide isn't that stupid to bite into a troll's pipe dream. I mean, I'd like Sale back, too, but this was just overkilling overkill.

I'll go a step further as to get PM's through Youtube (in which those alerts are automatically sent to my trash).
I'm filing this as "I don't believe it until I see it...and even then I don't buy it."

Thunder

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 02:36:21 PM »
...I'd only hope that TV Guide isn't that stupid to bite into a troll's pipe dream.

In the betting world, we call that a "lock".

/For Entertainment Purposes Only

JonSea31

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 07:29:39 PM »
tvguide.com did list Super Password and Password Plus returning to GSN in March 2010, but that was proven to be false, as the PDF schedule, along with Zap2It, both of which are reliable sources, did not display it.  Plus, both those shows were in the same slots before they were both taken off the weekday schedule in the fall of 2009.  Now, when Card Sharks was shown on the Zap2It schedule for April 1, 2010, that was believable, since it showed Dawson's Feud in a different slot, and Match Game in a different slot.  That gave me strong optimism for the return of Card Sharks, despite the change happening on a Thursday.

Always trust the PDFs or Zap2It.  Done deal.

As for this "troll" in question, I am tired of her taking out her fetish over $ale of the Century on the game show community, and repeatedly campaigning to get the show back on the air.  It annoys me so much, it isn't even funny anymore, plus I am starting to lose interest in the show now as of lately because of this troll's behavior.

At least she doesn't have the same kind of fetish with both versions of Card Sharks, and I have no problem viewing her uploads of that one.  But I wonder if this "troll" in question has a massive crush on Jim Perry?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:39:49 PM by JonSea31 »
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 06:06:00 PM »
TBH, unless any new lease of Sale consists of new-to-GSN NBC daytime episodes, I'm good with it not reappearing for a while.  IMO, the syndie show's best run was its first season, and it went downhill from there (especially after shopping was dropped).  After the first Winner's Board Lot winner, there's really nothing more for me in the remainder of the syndie version.
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...