Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New eps of The Chase and Chain Reaction on July 16 - GSN  (Read 15261 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: New eps of The Chase and Chain Reaction on July 16 - GSN
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 12:47:44 AM »
It chafes a little that a team that was largely unremarkable up to that point gets to play to divide $100,000 as happened last night. And the Super Offer is a complicating non-issue as well.
Travis L. Eberle

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 03:00:39 AM »
Tonight's new episode featured a team of three brothers playing together. The first brother banks the wuss offer of $15,000; the second goes down the middle to bank $30,000, the third brother is asked directly by Mark what it would take to take the step up the board. He says "$100,000" and that's what Mark offers. Third brother is caught so the pot is $45,000.

The team moves ahead 17 steps ahead and it takes Mark a minute 52 seconds to catch. Contestants defeated.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 03:02:44 AM »
Well, guess I don't need to watch it now.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BillCullen1

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 10:46:42 AM »
They seem to be more lenient about accepting answers on the new Chain Reaction. Taking forms of words ending in ED or ING. On Dylan's CR, they gave you singular & plural. Otherwise, you needed to give the exact word to score. A minor quibble. I don't think this takes away too much from the game playing.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 02:22:44 PM »
They seem to be more lenient about accepting answers on the new Chain Reaction. Taking forms of words ending in ED or ING. On Dylan's CR, they gave you singular & plural. Otherwise, you needed to give the exact word to score. A minor quibble. I don't think this takes away too much from the game playing.
The Canadian version sounded the cuckoo and the player was told "form of the word"; was the player given a chance to give the right answer?

Mike Catherwood is so good at hosting (and shows more emotion in a single segment than Dylan Lane showed in the entire two season run) that I can forgive non-issues like "form of the word." Betting chain still consumes a satchel of private detectives, and the super chain end game is a suitable final challenge though it seems that on the last word the team is only shown three letters even if time is remaining.
Travis L. Eberle

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 05:25:21 PM »
the super chain end game is a suitable final challenge though it seems that on the last word the team is only shown three letters even if time is remaining.

Three letters is the maximum revealed on any given word. It was part of the rules language in at least some of the episodes.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 11:54:34 PM »
Three letters is the maximum revealed on any given word. It was part of the rules language in at least some of the episodes.
Serves me right for watching on fast forward then, but it does seem like an odd rule, but it does explain why teams were passing on words when there were still letters obscured. If not for the noxious betting round it would rate higher than Canadian Reaction.

(Did the show cut out the second $100 chain to allow Mike to have more flexibility in reacting to things more than just "nope, that's wrong."?
Travis L. Eberle

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 04:52:45 AM »
On the one episode I have seen with Mike, he called a wrong answer, "a good answer."  How could that be?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 05:23:44 AM »
On the one episode I have seen with Mike, he called a wrong answer, "a good answer."  How could that be?
Why don't you ask some of the contestants on Family Feud this question?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 09:11:35 AM »

Because on FF that happens before the answer is revealed.  On CR, Mike said it after the answer is revealed to be wrong.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BillCullen1

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 12:10:07 PM »

Because on FF that happens before the answer is revealed.  On CR, Mike said it after the answer is revealed to be wrong.

Sounds like Mike was expressing his opinion. He thought the answer was good, even though it wasn't correct.

BrandonFG

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 12:33:46 PM »

Sounds like he's simply saying it's a good guess and logically fits as an answer. Keeps the game moving along, whether he meant it or not.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 06:36:02 PM »

Because wrong answers can be good answers.  This isn't a high school true/false test.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."