Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New eps of The Chase and Chain Reaction on July 16 - GSN  (Read 15151 times)

BillCullen1

New eps of The Chase and Chain Reaction on July 16 - GSN
« on: July 15, 2015, 09:46:07 AM »
These two shows air at 8 and 9 pm EST, respectively. CR will air two half-hour shows.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:27:43 PM by BillCullen1 »

The Pyramids

Re: New eps of The Chase and Chain Reaction on July 16 - GSN
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:02:33 PM »
I've always like 'Chain Reaction' and tonight was no different.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:12:42 PM »
Which of these is the shortest?

A. String of consecutive correct answers by contestants
B. Brooke Burns' hem line
C. My patience for puerile and sophomoric writing
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:49:32 PM »
Which of these is the shortest?

A. String of consecutive correct answers by contestants
B. Brooke Burns' hem line
My patience is shorter for an individual who talks down to others by using big, fancy words. 
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 12:51:11 AM »
My patience is shorter for an individual who talks down to others by using big, fancy words.

I gotta know: which one of those words did you find to be too big and fancy for you?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chad1m

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 01:18:52 AM »
Did you not like the ass question? Because I'm way over the choices of Dick Feud but found The Chase's take to be clever and musing.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 01:23:20 AM »
I just got home and haven't gotten to it yet; I am merely basing my assumptions based upon the reruns that I watched over the last month or so. I love irreverence that isn't forced (cf: Win Ben Stein's Money, You Don't Know Jack); I loathe it when it is forced down or throat or used as a crutch (Pyramid 2002, Family Feud 201x, The Chase: both versions as yet).

/Dick Feud sounds like GSN's next competitive reality series.
Travis L. Eberle

Sodboy13

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 02:29:15 AM »
It'll be a pale imitation of Destination America's Cockfight.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

whewfan

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 05:49:22 AM »
Here's my take on the new Chain Reaction...

The main game format remains unchanged with the exception of it being 2 vs. 2 instead of 3 vs. 3. The Super Chain bonus round is interesting. In the new bonus format, players must link 7 words to one main word, instead of completing a chain of related words in 60 seconds.

Host Mike Catherwood is a vast improvement over Dylan Lane. He's far more relaxed and jokes around with the players, and the set is bright and fun. The contestants, as well, are fun to watch.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 03:29:35 PM »
I love irreverence that isn't forced (cf: Win Ben Stein's Money, You Don't Know Jack)

Purely for argument's sake, I'll say that Win Ben Stein's Money could have been played straight, but it wasn't. I agree the feel of Ben was always comedy whereas for you The Chase is not. The Chase shares the same head writer with both shows you mentioned.

Do you not like the questions on the UK Chase that exist for the same purpose? Their goal seemed to be breaking up Bradley Walsh more so than getting laughs from everybody, but the level of discourse was about the same.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BillCullen1

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 05:29:07 PM »
I missed The Chase but plan to watch it online. Liked the new Chain Reaction, particularly the new bonus round. Top ;prize is still $5K, but I'm not losing sleep over that. Getting less than seven right answers does not get you additional money. Oh well. The new CR is done in Hollywood, yes?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 06:03:25 PM »
I missed The Chase but plan to watch it online. Liked the new Chain Reaction, particularly the new bonus round. Top ;prize is still $5K, but I'm not losing sleep over that.
It looks miserly compared to the fact that The Chase offers that as the base money for a single answer in the opening salvo. Even Idiotest splits ten grand in half. $5,000 was acceptable as a grand prize on Supermarket Sweep in the mid-1990s. It was laughable on Camouflage and That's the Question.

Yes, the new bonus game has yellability in spades, but we've lost a round in the main game and the Betting Chain saps any of the fun that was built up by the light atmosphere, competent host and pleasant players.
Travis L. Eberle

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2015, 01:10:05 AM »
Did you not like the ass question? Because I'm way over the choices of Dick Feud but found The Chase's take to be clever and musing.
It was forced, lame, unclever and neutered--it would have been a better question if "have your dog turn left" and "have your dog turn right" as options. And as the upside it excises "Back that ass up" as a choice, so double victory there.
Travis L. Eberle

pacdude

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2015, 10:39:57 PM »
I missed The Chase but plan to watch it online. Liked the new Chain Reaction, particularly the new bonus round. Top ;prize is still $5K, but I'm not losing sleep over that. Getting less than seven right answers does not get you additional money. Oh well. The new CR is done in Hollywood, yes?

Apparently, the show was supposed to be a daily daytime show. That doesn't excuse such a cheap show, but it's an excuse.

BillCullen1

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 10:50:31 AM »
That was one of the better Chase episodes I've seen. Impressive total.